Abortion Law Change in Ireland

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are comparing abortion with breast implants so I am now bailing from this discussion. You can chat with Cornwall Saint.

It's a shame really because I'd like to discuss why you believe finance is the key deciding factor in everything but I simply can't waste my time with people who witter. Don't worry, you are not the only one on here doing that.

It's not about finance, it's about personal responsibility for the personal choices you are advocating. I would have thought that was clear. 

As I've repeatedly said I have no strong opinion on abortion. A woman's choice? I can accept that despite having a fair degree of sympathy for the Pro Life argument that the foetus is a human life. I certainly feel that in the UK we allow abortions far too late into the pregnancy. I also feel that the celebrations seen on TV in Ireland after the vote were wholly distasteful and the subsequent pressure being put on Northern Ireland to follow the Republic of Ireland in legalising abortions - something there has never been a mandate for in Northern Ireland - is abhorrent. 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

His opinion is worth considerably less than the woman's because it is not him who has to put his body through the dangers of a pregnancy.

I would never have considered forcing my wife to go through a pregnancy if she genuinely hadn't wanted a baby. I may well have found a wife who WOULD want to keep one but I'd never force ANY woman to have a baby of mine. The very idea sends a shiver down my spine.

According to the Lancet, 8.2 out of every 100,000 pregnancies in the UK result in death for the mother. That's not including life changing health problems.

I think it would help the debate if men were generally better informed about exactly what they are asking women to go through on their behalf.

If you read my earlier comments you'd have noticed I did actually mention that one of my reasons to (reluctantly) legalise it would be due to the potential threat to the mother's life in some instances.

50 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If you read my earlier comments you'd have noticed I did actually mention that one of my reasons to (reluctantly) legalise it would be due to the potential threat to the mother's life in some instances.

Every single pregnancy is potentially dangerous to the mother.

Like I said, it would help the debate immeasurably if men could take the responsibility of educating themselves more about what women go through during a pregnancy and the effect on their bodies. Right now, the discussion is being fuelled by ignorance.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:30 PM, helpmaboab said:

What is the point of this thread? 

You looking for a comment?

Like.....who cares. It's just a rule change. So now abortion is legal in Ireland. Big deal.

So now no need to go outside Ireland for an abortion.

How about don't get pregnant if you don't want a kid.

"a woman's body is her own property".....yeah?

how about the unborn child's body is its property.

and don't give me that 'age of the foetus' BS

everyone reading this was 'the age of the foetus' once

......all those that would have been happy to be aborted put up your hand.

friggin hypocrites..... 

abortion, nice word.

"I'm going to have an abortion".   /    "Really, good for you, well done"

"I'm going to kill my unborn baby"   /    You're f**kin kidding, right?"

Right f**k face you started this whole f**king debate as a way of getting attention no one commented on this thread for a full week before you decide that you had to get on your f**king moral high horse and make sure everyone had to give you the attention that you desperately crave and listen your “good guy” opinion on a subject that you clearly have never been in a situation of experiencing so away and suck your high horse’s cock you massive f**king c**t 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, helpmaboab said:

Two people, a man and a women

they agree to start a family

the woman falls pregnant, they are both happy

the woman has second thoughts about giving birth and being a mother

she suggests having an abortion

her partner, the father, says no way, it is his child as well as hers

she has the abortion anyway, she kills his child 'legally'

Prove it. 

3 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

'abandoned', my god, that sounds serious, crowd trouble wis it. Good job a showed up just in time tae breath life intae it again then, eh?

I'm all fur everyone having the chance tae breath life. Even wee misfits like yersel. Yes there's even enough space in this world fur the wee jobby mouths of society like yersel. You are probably a beautiful person trapped in the body of a jobby mouthed knob. Maybe someday someone will find the key tae unlock yer arse and let you oot. Hope it's a really big rusty key wi jaggy edges. :D

This..this is Shite your obsession with ‘jobby’ really makes me question your age, you’re an arsehole you came in here going why is this thread in here why would someone want to shit stir in the sin bin then you’ve proceeded to make numerous posts in the same thread where all you are doing is shit stirring. You really are the poster child for abortion 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god