Toulon Tournament

TPAFKA Jersey 2

47 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I just noticed that Scotland U21s kick off this evening in the Toulon Tournament.

Any reason why Kyle Magennis isn't in the squad?

Good question. All I can think of is that he misses the age group. 

38 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

He's only 19.  Could be having some minor treatment I suppose but on the SFA site he only has 4 U20 caps.

I didn't realise he was still that young.   A very powerful young man.  I think he has been in under 21 squads. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Of course he has. Apart from when he was injured I think he’s been in all the recent squads. That’s why I asked why he wasn’t in this one. 

I watched Scotland’s Under 21 at Perth. Mallan and Smith got game time as did Lewis Morgan but not Kyle. His time will come. 

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I just noticed that Scotland U21s kick off this evening in the Toulon Tournament.

Any reason why Kyle Magennis isn't in the squad?

Because he hasn't been transferred to the green bigots?:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He was in the squad. He just didn’t get a game. Do you understand how international football works?

Well I just said , or attempted to say, that he was in the squads at Perth but didn't play.  The others mentioned did. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Even I was able to watch a bit of it on Freesports. Pathetic display and result. The guy in charge - could hear him shouting from the touchline in an English accent - has a pretty poor record at this level and should be relieved of the position. some of Scotlands play was amateurish, could hardly string a pass together.

9 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Even I was able to watch a bit of it on Freesports. Pathetic display and result. The guy in charge - could hear him shouting from the touchline in an English accent - has a pretty poor record at this level and should be relieved of the position. some of Scotlands play was amateurish, could hardly string a pass together.

Froggie. Have a look at our record at this level on Wikipedia.  It makes sad reading.  I am not knocking Scott Gemmell.  Perhaps explains some of the reasons for change in Project Brave but more needs to be done at grass roots level in the country as we have fallen behind others.