It's All Guti....

Lord Pityme

He's prepared to turn his back on the good life, better money, facilities, support staff etc coaching youth, and waiting for a chance at Real Madrid, to stand Friday night, plastic pitchside this July in Kilmarnock geeing on his young Paisley Galacticos on the road to Hampden.

Its Gotti Be Guti..!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

He's prepared to turn his back on the good life, better money, facilities, support staff etc coaching youth, and waiting for a chance at Real Madrid, to stand Friday night, plastic pitchside this July in Kilmarnock geeing on his young Paisley Galacticos on the road to Hampden.

Its Gotti Be Guti..!

Someone made a point that it might be linked to him doing coaching licenses in Scotland. The course is very highly thought of. 

It would certainly give the SPFL a bit of wow factor, Rodgers, Gerrard, Clarke and now potentially Guti as managers. I am a bit sceptical of the deal but would love it if it where true.. Hopefully scottish football starting to rise again. Now just need to get the sponsorship and TV deals done and we are laughing :D

22 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

It would certainly give the SPFL a bit of wow factor, Rodgers, Gerrard, Clarke and now potentially Guti as managers. I am a bit sceptical of the deal but would love it if it where true.. Hopefully scottish football starting to rise again. Now just need to get the sponsorship and TV deals done and we are laughing :D

Apparently he is determined to prove to their president he can eventually manage Real Madrid and has identified SMFC as a great place to build his reputation and experience. The guy is willing to do it for the wages on offer, and will boost season/matchday tickets, merchandise, pies, patats bravas etc.. etc...

here is a big message to the club. Sign him, reverse the decision to let old firm fans onto the family stand, and do a special "Guti Deal' price for ST's just in that stand.

Ross county sold adult ST's for £200 in their least popular stand last season. Isnt that better to fill it with saints fans, rather than throw families out to accommodate sectarianism..? Its a no-brainer... sign him.  Lets get the 'Feel Guti Factor' back where it belongs!

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

LP, have you ever considered starting a new hobby?

St Mirren obviously angers you to the point where you seem barely able to function.

Life is too short for that surely?

There it is again, right there..! This stupid, senseless, continual bollocks which is apparently why i am in the forum owners 'abuse & harass' section.

any normal person reading the topic i created would see someone excited at the prospect of their football team signing an inspirational manager. Wheras you, and who knows who else on here, probably havent even read through the thread, but still post the same old mindless, lazy drivel that bears no relation to the posts. 

At least you are consistently wrong!

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There it is again, right there..! This stupid, senseless, continual bollocks which is apparently why i am in the forum owners 'abuse & harass' section.

any normal person reading the topic i created would see someone excited at the prospect of their football team signing an inspirational manager. Wheras you, and who knows who else on here, probably havent even read through the thread, but still post the same old mindless, lazy drivel that bears no relation to the posts. 

I think it's more the point that they won't reverse that decision and neither should they. Guti coming in would increase a lot of income streams. It wouldn't fill a whole extra stand though. Would love if we didn't need to have Sevco and Celtic in both stands but financially it makes sense. best way to stop it is fan numbers to increase, that's on the armchair fans. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think it's more the point that they won't reverse that decision and neither should they. Guti coming in would increase a lot of income streams. It wouldn't fill a whole extra stand though. Would love if we didn't need to have Sevco and Celtic in both stands but financially it makes sense. best way to stop it is fan numbers to increase, that's on the armchair fans. 

Nope! Thats on the club to make the appointments and decisions that make it easy for more people to buy a ST.

if they appoint Guti it would be sheer criminal negligence not to have a season ticket special offer riding on tne crest of that interest and momentum. Tony F has said begore he wants to see all four stands full of saints fans! So set them another challenge to sell 750 or more cut price ST's for the family stand.

if not our club looks like its their to facilitate fans of other clubs more than the people paying the wages every week!

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Your posts drip with sarcasm.

If people are misinterpreting that and it bothers you that they do so then you should take steps to correct your online behaviour.

Edited by oaksoft

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your posts drip with sarcasm.

If people are misinterpreting that and it bothers you that they do so then you should take steps to correct your online behaviour.

Thats got to be the 'totally oblivious of self behaviour' line of the decade on here...!

I havent ready something so intended, so funny and so completely bonkers, out there, brazen denial. On a side note, have you ever listened to the lyrics of the Carly Simon song 'You're So Vain'? I bet you think that song is about you? Don't you, don't you..?

Think it could be a done deal with this ready made job for Guti's missus.

GREENOCK/INVERKIP AREA
We are looking for a ️SPANISH SPEAKER in the area to take over classes teaching local children.  These classes are already set up and ready and waiting for the right person to take over. Fantastic opportunity for part-time work with an excellent rate of pay! Fill out our enquiry from here https://www.lajolieronde.co.uk/contact/#work-enquiry

mind you i think Guti will have the easier task winning the league than his missus would educating the REAL unwashed.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats got to be the 'totally oblivious of self behaviour' line of the decade on here...!

I havent ready something so intended, so funny and so completely bonkers, out there, brazen denial. On a side note, have you ever listened to the lyrics of the Carly Simon song 'You're So Vain'? I bet you think that song is about you? Don't you, don't you..?

It's not me currently residing in the Sin Bin.

Or had that escaped your attention?

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Think it could be a done deal with this ready made job for Guti's missus.

GREENOCK/INVERKIP AREA
We are looking for a ️SPANISH SPEAKER in the area to take over classes teaching local children.  These classes are already set up and ready and waiting for the right person to take over. Fantastic opportunity for part-time work with an excellent rate of pay! Fill out our enquiry from here https://www.lajolieronde.co.uk/contact/#work-enquiry

mind you i think Guti will have the easier task winning the league than his missus would educating the REAL unwashed.

Making the assumption that she can speak English :P but I do like it, maybe you should offer your services in finding his family a job etc :P

Its Guti for me as well ,  a couple of Real Madrid youngsters on loan , and a couple of Spanish youngsters signed on the cheap , theres potential for us to use the rules to sign a few decent players and sell them on ,  Guti  as manager would make it a far more interesting couple of years than a season or two under Jim McIntyre , failing Guti Micky Mellons not a bad shout

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope! Thats on the club to make the appointments and decisions that make it easy for more people to buy a ST.

if they appoint Guti it would be sheer criminal negligence not to have a season ticket special offer riding on tne crest of that interest and momentum. Tony F has said begore he wants to see all four stands full of saints fans! So set them another challenge to sell 750 or more cut price ST's for the family stand.

if not our club looks like its their to facilitate fans of other clubs more than the people paying the wages every week!

Season ticket sales might go up if we bring in Guti, in fact I’m sure they would. what if he does terribly and is away in three months though?

We don’t come close to selling out two stands, hiring Guti is not magically going to mean season ticket and fan numbers will now fill more than those two fans in every game, even against Celtic and Rangers. 

But if I’m proven wrong and tickets sell out for the main and the west stand then I’m sure the club will re-evaluate. Until then it’s just wishful thinking and the club is right to maximise match day income in the absence of stands full of St Mirren supporters. 

Basically my point is with or without Guti, I’m sure the stadium won’t sell out against Celtic and rangers even with them having two stands. 

35 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Season ticket sales might go up if we bring in Guti, in fact I’m sure they would. what if he does terribly and is away in three months though?

We don’t come close to selling out two stands, hiring Guti is not magically going to mean season ticket and fan numbers will now fill more than those two fans in every game, even against Celtic and Rangers. 

But if I’m proven wrong and tickets sell out for the main and the west stand then I’m sure the club will re-evaluate. Until then it’s just wishful thinking and the club is right to maximise match day income in the absence of stands full of St Mirren supporters. 

Basically my point is with or without Guti, I’m sure the stadium won’t sell out against Celtic and rangers even with them having two stands. 

Both those Clubs would sell out our four Stands very easily 

Back in the day, they regularly brought 30000 plus to Love Street. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You make my point so well!

it doesn't stack up to this businessman that you would actually disenfranchise your own faithful, regular customers in the hope you might make a few more quid from teams that actually never sell out thestadium. And might only call three times. Indeed our biggest crowds in recent years have been relegation battles and derbies.

the downright lazy, shortsightedness of the decision beggars belief! How in gods name do you intend to build a support for Years to come if you turn away families and children? Because in essence that is what is happening. Yes they get a deal on a west stand ticket, but not the same one for each game, and what if there arent enough available seats together? Are we doing a Trump and splitting families up?

the message you are sending out to current and future fans is "the OF are more important than you", the consequence of which will be potential young supporters getting that message, and deciding to follow the teams even SMFC say are more important.

so as we agree the OF arent goung to sell out the family stand anyway, why not offer a great deal on reduced ST's on tne back of the new managers appointment and get more people in the stadium for EVERY game, instead of treating our own as second best?

5 hours ago, shull said:

Both those Clubs would sell out our four Stands very easily 

Back in the day, they regularly brought 30000 plus to Love Street. 

It’s not back in the day though unfortunately. Regardless of who the manager is next season the main and West stand will have empty seats against those teams.

Until we can get fan numbers that stop that being the case, we can’t deny the justification in the decision. 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You make my point so well!

it doesn't stack up to this businessman that you would actually disenfranchise your own faithful, regular customers in the hope you might make a few more quid from teams that actually never sell out thestadium. And might only call three times. Indeed our biggest crowds in recent years have been relegation battles and derbies.

the downright lazy, shortsightedness of the decision beggars belief! How in gods name do you intend to build a support for Years to come if you turn away families and children? Because in essence that is what is happening. Yes they get a deal on a west stand ticket, but not the same one for each game, and what if there arent enough available seats together? Are we doing a Trump and splitting families up?

the message you are sending out to current and future fans is "the OF are more important than you", the consequence of which will be potential young supporters getting that message, and deciding to follow the teams even SMFC say are more important.

so as we agree the OF arent goung to sell out the family stand anyway, why not offer a great deal on reduced ST's on tne back of the new managers appointment and get more people in the stadium for EVERY game, instead of treating our own as second best?

I’m not making your point, again you’re in the minority here. The majority of fans are fine with the decision, they don’t feel disenfranchised

if you reduce season tickets now that would disenfranchise those that have already bought. It also (again) would not sell out stands and mean we have to reverse the decision. It’s an idealistic view and just wouldn’t generate the same income or have a greater long term impact.  

I know you don’t like it but the cold, hard truth is from all available evidence, the vast majority of St Mirren fans (including those in that stand) would much rather we had the best financial platform possible to make next season a success  

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’m not making your point, again you’re in the minority here. The majority of fans are fine with the decision, they don’t feel disenfranchised

if you reduce season tickets now that would disenfranchise those that have already bought. It also (again) would not sell out stands and mean we have to reverse the decision. It’s an idealistic view and just wouldn’t generate the same income or have a greater long term impact.  

I know you don’t like it but the cold, hard truth is from all available evidence, the vast majority of St Mirren fans (including those in that stand) would much rather we had the best financial platform possible to make next season a success  

Sorry you lost me there when you said "all available evidence" but failed to quote a single item of it. You like using 'majority, minority, all etc' but you, like the club have absolutey nothing to back it up with.

lets play your game for a minute though.... if on the back of a new manager appointment the club decided to reduce season tickets in the family stand,( reimburse anyone the difference if they had already paid) and reverse the decision to kick out families and children to accommodate sectarian chanting fans.....  which group of St Mirren fans do you think would be in favour?

A. The Majority

or 

B. The minority

or

C. All

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry you lost me there when you said "all available evidence" but failed to quote a single item of it. You like using 'majority, minority, all etc' but you, like the club have absolutey nothing to back it up with.

lets play your game for a minute though.... if on the back of a new manager appointment the club decided to reduce season tickets in the family stand,( reimburse anyone the difference if they had already paid) and reverse the decision to kick out families and children to accommodate sectarian chanting fans.....  which group of St Mirren fans do you think would be in favour?

A. The Majority

or 

B. The minority

or

C. All

• Season ticket sales are up
  • No reported official complaints to club
  • Majority of people on here that have spoken about it agree it's best approach
  • That is mirrored with general consensus on social media

That okay for you? 

As for your game, the things you suggest would cause a big reduction in budget given the money the bigot brothers will bring in. As with right now, the majority would likely be in favour of leaving it as is. 

If you really think your idea would bridge the financial gap of not letting them have both stands, I'd love to see your stats and figures? How much of a reduction? how many would have to buy tickets to compensate for the money we'd estimate to lose by not given them two stands?.. Oh I forgot, one rule for you when it comes to facts and a different one for others. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
  • Season ticket sales are up
  • No reported official complaints to club
  • Majority of people on here that have spoken about it agree it's best approach
  • That is mirrored with general consensus on social media

That okay for you? 

As for your game, the things you suggest would cause a big reduction in budget given the money the bigot brothers will bring in. As with right now, the majority would likely be in favour of leaving it as is. 

If you really think your idea would bridge the financial gap of not letting them have both stands, I'd love to see your stats and figures? How much of a reduction? how many would have to buy tickets to compensate for the money we'd estimate to lose by not given them two stands?.. Oh I forgot, one rule for you when it comes to facts and a different one for others. :rolleyes:

So no evidence then, not even a 'Minority Report'?

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So no evidence then, not even a 'Minority Report'?

All available evidence which is my four noted points (the most telling one being an increase in  season ticket sales).

It’s four more points than you have for your statements. Again, one rule for you and a different for everyone else in backing up your points?