Harry Davis

1 minute ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Why is it bullshit? for a team like St.Mirren to be in National league 2 they would have a much higher turnover due to much of the money coming from tv revenue etc filtering down, due to their larger home crowds our turnover would of course then be higher.

Statistics can be made to say anything

Because the thread is about the reality of an ex St Mirren player moving to a League Two side. Not some hypothetical rubbish about how much St Mirren might be worth if only they could get a move to the English Leagues. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, StuD said:

Oh dear. 

Dundalk are in the Champions League again this year. 17 honours in his managerial career. Going for a fourth league title in a row and currently top of the league as usual. And Dundalk aren't the richest or most popular side in Irish football. Not only that he's won those honours over FOUR clubs - all unfashionable. And even at Dunfermline he got them into Europe. A record even Tony Fitzpatrick can only have wet dreams about having. 

Wow what an achievement- did they actually qualify again from the League of Ireland- which as demonstrated in the diddy cup they cant beat League One teams...........

Did they play against 11 players each game, did all the opposition have football boots?

Whats an expensive Irish football team look like. One that has deckchairs behind the goals

Anyway in your little world he is Pep.......... Hmmm wonder who really was pill popping ??

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, zico said:

Now, now Stuart. You know that folk on this site get angry when you start stating the bleedin' obvious!

The average attendance in English League One last season was 7,805 and that was with 24 teams. The average in the Scottish Championship was 2,882 with 10 teams. That's a huge gulf!

English League One average is 41% higher than the highest single club average in the Scottish Championship! The highest average attendance in League One last season would have been the 3rd highest in Scotland, behind only the Old Firm!

15 clubs in League One had an average attendance higher than the highest in the Scottish Championship. The average of the top 10 in League One is over 4 times higher than the 10 cluns in the Scottish Championship.

League One in England is far far ahead of the Scottish Championship!

Are you and StuD really saying that the best measure of a team's footballing capabilities is their average gate? :whistle

(Oops! Slarty beat me to it.)

Edited by smcc

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Wow what an achievement- did they actually qualify again from the League of Ireland- which as demonstrated in the diddy cup they cant beat League One teams...........

Did they play against 11 players each game, did all the opposition have football boots?

Whats an expensive Irish football team look like. One that has deckchairs behind the goals

Anyway in your little world he is Pep.......... Hmmm wonder who really was pill popping ??

Quite clearly it's you! 

Dear oh dear. 

I can't be arsed looking back, but weren't you the one last week who claimed Kenny wouldn't leave Dundalk, and a chance of another league title, and a crack at Europe to come to St Mirren. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, smcc said:

Are you and StuD really saying that the best measure of a team's footballing capabilities is their average gate? :whistle

(Oops! Slarty beat me to it.)

Nope - that's never been my contention. But annual turnover is a big indicator as we keep being told in Scotland. Apparently here clubs cannot compete with the wealth and resources of Celtic and "Rangers". Even in his latest Sky Sports interview Gordon Scott makes the same assertion. Sunderland in League One have an annual turnover that is greater than Celtics. That's a marker of the gulf in the respective leagues. 

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Yeah, weird isn't it. Some St Mirren fans delude themselves that St Mirren would hold their own in Englands League Two but at the same time they think St Mirren are too small a club for Stephen Kenny to consider leaving Dundalk for.

I guess the drug problems Paisley endured through the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s have had a seriously detrimental effect on the ability of most BAWA users to use logic. 

Some St Mirren fans couldn't give a shit, and think it's weird that someone would try so hard to make a point nobody really cares about.

Some also wondered how you'd shoehorn the object of your desires into yet another unconnected thread...

14 minutes ago, StuD said:

Quite clearly it's you! 

Dear oh dear. 

I can't be arsed looking back, but weren't you the one last week who claimed Kenny wouldn't leave Dundalk, and a chance of another league title, and a crack at Europe to come to St Mirren. :rolleyes:

No that's was not me, again pills clouding your memory ? 

I have been consistent in that I don't want that failure near my club. Oh that's my club...... why not petition him for Sunderland after your claim that Jack will be sacked within two months:byebye

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

FFS, can someone please make him stop?  I'm losing brain cells reading his posts.

You had brain cells? 

One would have thought if you did have you'd have worked out how to use the ignore function on the forum. One might have thought someone with brain cells wouldn't have thought the countries national debt was funded by Premium Bonds. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

No that's was not me, again pills clouding your memory ? 

I have been consistent in that I don't want that failure near my club. Oh that's my club...... why not petition him for Sunderland after your claim that Jack will be sacked within two months:byebye

I'd take Kenny at Sunderland anytime over Jack Ross. Ofcourse I would. Ross is a hellish appointment for a big club like Sunderland. 

18 minutes ago, StuD said:

Quite clearly it's you! 

Dear oh dear. 

That might have been me.

I don't have a feeling either way on Kenny but getting Dundalk to the Europa group stages last season was an impressive feat that none of Scotland's clubs are capable of doing.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That might have been me.

I don't have a feeling either way on Kenny but getting Dundalk to the Europa group stages last season was an impressive feat that none of Scotland's clubs are capable of doing.

Ah sorry. You aren't as drug addled as Doug. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

I'd take Kenny at Sunderland anytime over Jack Ross. Ofcourse I would. Ross is a hellish appointment for a big club like Sunderland. 

Do that and you will have Hartlepool and Grimsby also ahead of you in the NE...........................

I think more importantly..... Football clubs don't have you as an advisor.............

Oh how is the Kennedy St Mirren appointment going ?:whistle 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Dundee United (among others) had a higher average attendance than us last season so they must have been better than us - oh, wait.

Yeh, oh wait, your point is irrelevant. Yet again!

1 hour ago, smcc said:

There is a good correlation!

I was talking about the standard of an entire league rather than an individual team in any case (thus rendering Slartifart's point irrelevant).

33 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

That's more brain cells away.  A guy who doesn't know what a question mark is for, is attempting to slag me for asking someone if they were referring to a particular thing (hence the question mark).  He seems to think that an ability to comprehend basic punctuation is a gift.  The really funny thing is that he has quoted the post previously and so proved it was a question.

Not to forget that he HOPED babies would die so that he could point score on a daft football forum - Dorothy "Numbnuts" baby cuddler.

premium bonds! :lol:

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

But not higher than St Mirren's average attendance which is the whole issue here.

The whole issue here is that Harry Davis will earn more with Grimsby than he will with St. Mirren!

Just now, zico said:

Did you go to the same school at slarti?

HSBC! :lol: 

you really need to try harder wee man, yer making a fool of yerself, but I can help you if you are willing to let yourself go, and recognise that you have a proble, but the beginning of coming to terms with it is owning it wee man 

23 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I highly doubt it, but it's a mute point anyway because he left for personal reasons and not money.

Aye. Personally he fancied earning more money in the English 4th tier than he would do at St Mirren

Edited by StuD