Stubbs Is Just Depressing

Lord Pityme

Given he's apparently the chosen one, Does anyone else feel a bit deflated when Alan Stubbs appears on a TV interview, even before he speaks? Jeez the guy has all the charisma of a rusty tin can. He reminds me of the school teacher taking register in Ferris Bueller.

his personna makes you feel deflated, and sorry for him. He may keep his light under a bushell and surprise us with a season to savour, however Dumfries may only have be a temporary absence in the away day calendar. Yip the board certainly have chosen someone who has no chance of outshining them. 

Edited by Lord Pityme

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given he's apparently the chosen one, Does anyone else feel a bit deflated when Alan Stubbs appears on a TV interview, even before he speaks? Jeez the guy has all the charisma of a rusty tin can. He reminds me of the school teacher taking register in Ferris Bueller.

his personna makes you feel deflated, and sorry for him. He may keep his light under a bushell and surprise us with a season to savour, however Dumfries may only have be a temporary absence in the away day calendar. Yip the board certainly have chosen someone who has no chance of outshining them. 

Oh FFS. 

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gotta laugh.... ha, ha.. its an all time low stating the bleedin obvious regarding the public persona of Alan Stubbs. Lol..

maybe these posters can make me eat my words and show us what an absolute shining star he is when facing the media?

Is facing the media the most important part of a Managers job?

29 minutes ago, HSS said:

Is facing the media the most important part of a Managers job?

At times yes, most of the time no. My point would be thats also  the persona he displays in the dressing room, on the training field and pitchside If someone actually wants to talk about the job? And the persona he displays to the support.

with a big budget, he did ok with Hibs, with a bigger budget he crashed and burned at Rotherham with possibly their worst ever managerial appointment, and hasn't worked, save his snore-fest occasional punditry on BT for two years being overlooked for numerous jobs in that period.

Hopefully our board will get it, and from the 'B' list appoint McIntyre, who actually knows, and has had a decent upward curve in scottish football management(even the guy who sacked him early doors rues his mistake).

all that said still half expecting given the needless delay in interviews that The board will pull either Hopkin, or McCoist out their ass and curve ball us all.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

At times yes, most of the time no. My point would be thats also  the persona he displays in the dressing room, on the training field and pitchside If someone actually wants to talk about the job? And the persona he displays to the support.

with a big budget, he did ok with Hibs, with a bigger budget he crashed and burned at Rotherham with possibly their worst ever managerial appointment, and hasn't worked, save his snore-fest occasional punditry on BT for two years being overlooked for numerous jobs in that period.

Hopefully our board will get it, and from the 'B' list appoint McIntyre, who actually knows, and has had a decent upward curve in scottish football management(even the guy who sacked him early doors rues his mistake).

all that said still half expecting given the needless delay in interviews that The board will pull either Hopkin, or McCoist out their ass and curve ball us all.

I predict McCoist will come across really well in an interview and could be a positive influence around the club. Still in with a decent outside chance I feel.

33 minutes ago, magnus said:

I predict McCoist will come across really well in an interview and could be a positive influence around the club. Still in with a decent outside chance I feel.

He would split opinions, however with McDowall that one be a tasty prospect. Even if its only for one good season before Sevco pay over the odds compo to recruit him following their next meltdown.

edit: heard the other day that Kevin Holt (Dundee) isnt coming to us, another casualty of Ross leaving.

Edited by Lord Pityme

56 minutes ago, magnus said:

You mean, he could talk a good job.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

LPM. You must be challenging for a place in the forum to be the earliest ever to start a  "New Manager" Must Go thread.

Dont know what you are on about Ricky? My thread was about how Stubbs makes dishwater look like a better dinner party guest than him. Others brought his managerial ability, or lack therof to the party.

maybe we should have a forum vote? Who would you rather invite to your come dine with me night?

A. A bowl of Dishwater

B. Alan Stubbs

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM. You must be challenging for a place in the forum to be the earliest ever to start a  "New Manager" Must Go thread.

That Thread will begin before the first game v Killie, if the Manager gets his Team Lines incorrect. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont know what you are on about Ricky? My thread was about how Stubbs makes dishwater look like a better dinner party guest than him. Others brought his managerial ability, or lack therof to the party.

maybe we should have a forum vote? Who would you rather invite to your come dine with me night?

A. A bowl of Dishwater

B. Alan Stubbs

LPM - The guy is a professional footballer with (IMO) a very decent record. His presentational style is understated. He lets his teams do the talking on the pitch and he does his talking with them behind closed doors. The last thing we need right now is a Jack Ross Take 2. JR was right for the moment. This has passed. Moving on now..............

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM - The guy is a professional footballer with (IMO) a very decent record. His presentational style is understated. He lets his teams do the talking on the pitch and he does his talking with them behind closed doors. The last thing we need right now is a Jack Ross Take 2. JR was right for the moment. This has passed. Moving on now..............

Ok lets go with Alan 'Understated' Stubbs, and his Rotherham team doing the talking on the pitch. Happy Ricky?

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why do u bother coming on here................... moaning already .......... unfortunately us in the mainstream see your predictable anti Saint threads . Seriously thinking you and Mr Dickson are actually the same person

Change the record- or even better Forum

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Why do u bother coming on here................... moaning already .......... unfortunately us in the mainstream see your predictable anti Saint threads . Seriously thinking you and Mr Dickson are actually the same person

Change the record- or even better Forum

Does a favour, run back to the ass kissers section of the forum. Your bringing it down in here.

Edited by Lord Pityme