Alan Stubbs Must Go

Christ, this thread is just a daft carry on, but if you drop into the manager thread, it actually appears as though some have already made up their minds that Stubbs will be failure. Incredible stuff.

Edited by Drew

You do realise Ricky will NEVER .........EVER forgive you EVER :thumbs2
It's ok he'll come up with at least another 4 thread titles for the same subject. Along the lines of:

1. How does stubbs leaving compare with Jack leaving?

2. Now stubbs is leaving will his number be promoted or will Lee Mair and John Potter create a love child to take over.

3. Has stubbs done enough to earn legendry status simply for being the only manager who's tenure co-incided with being undefeated in the top league

4. Should stubbs drive down the motorway or the coastal route on his way. There is a lovely fish n chip shop on the coast

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Black & White Army mobile app

Christ, this thread is just a daft carry on, but if you drop into the manager thread, it actually appears as though some have already made up their minds that Stubbs will be failure. Incredible stuff.

Don’t see what’s incredible about folk having an opinion on Stubbs.

Personally, I’m undecided.

My opinion on Craig, Rae and Murray at outset was that they would fail.

Football is all about opinions!

1 hour ago, zico said:

Absolutely this. Reading the other thread what I find far more embarrassing is seeing people who three nights ago wanted Guti as manager. Who two nights ago wanted Micky Mellon as manager cause it sounded good. And who last night were debating the merits of the final four and opting for a part time PE teacher as their preferred choice with Stubbs at least two places behind him. It's one thing getting in line behind the new manager, it's another altogether to start kidding on Stubbs was always the preferred choice. 

As for Stubbs, surely it's inherent on him to win over any doubters by winning matches and by keeping St Mirren up however that looks. Livingston really should be next seasons fall guys so that should buy Stubbs some space. 

He wouldn't have been on my shortlist for the job but in a long list of uninspired choices that have been St Mirren manager in my lifetime, he's not the worst either

9 hours ago, zico said:

It's not the opinion that is the issue, it is the fact that some seem to have written him off already.  Perhaps it is more about managing expectation than anything else, but I find it pretty shabby that folk seem so willing to pre-judge.

It's ok he'll come up with at least another 4 thread titles for the same subject. Along the lines of:

1. How does stubbs leaving compare with Jack leaving?

2. Now stubbs is leaving will his number be promoted or will Lee Mair and John Potter create a love child to take over.

3. Has stubbs done enough to earn legendry status simply for being the only manager who's tenure co-incided with being undefeated in the top league

4. Should stubbs drive down the motorway or the coastal route on his way. There is a lovely fish n chip shop on the coast

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Black & White Army mobile app

Absolutely this ^^

[emoji3]

Careful though, his guardian angel Shull & aliases will be after you.

45 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The Rotherham United fans really don’t like this guy. from some of the comments on Twitter it’s beyond them thinking he’s a poor manager, some seem to actually hate Stubbs! Worrying. 

Of course they don' like him. May I suggest you watch an interview with Alan on you tube covering his whole career.