Hats off to the board..!

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, StuD said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Stud

You know that I have very similar views regarding making more progress in being a community club and gave given examples of what Falkirk have done in this regard to strengthen their ties including appointing the CEO of the Trust to be the CEO of the club etc. I used the word excellent about Alan Stubbs contacts in football.

You said 

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

A touch harsh LPM. We have been all over the news and social media since JR was in the running for Manager of the Year. That doesn't happen by accident. Our PR has been excellent. 

That's what I was questioning. I know you and I, and LPM for that matter, all agree the club should focus more on the community. I just wish the board would let the performances on the pitch do their talking for them, whilst getting on with the job of prioritising working with the community to generate new revenue streams. Listening to Fitzpatrick blabbering on about his latest dreams about Fergie coming back as manager and him being captain of a St Mirren side beating Real Madrid in the Champions League final doesn't interest me in the slightest. What would interest me would be seeing the club genuinely engaging the local community. 

You two should get a room..........just don't let LPM in:lol:

On 6/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, whydowebother said:

Ridiculous right enough, nothing to agree with emoji3.png

More often than not, you're right but his comments about Stubbs being a very underwhelming appointment and from being linked to people like Guti. This appointment has taken the wind out a lot of fans sails. That's pretty spot on. Hope Stubbs proves me wrong but not a great choice at all IMO. 

More often than not, you're right but his comments about Stubbs being a very underwhelming appointment and from being linked to people like Guti. This appointment has taken the wind out a lot of fans sails. That's pretty spot on. Hope Stubbs proves me wrong but not a great choice at all IMO. 

Totally agree, the ‘hype’ only usually leads to disappointment, some seen it as exciting etc, but it was an unwelcome distraction.

Stubbs, I hope will surprise us ( he says hopefully)