What is the target?

Am I right in thinking that no team with more than 40 points has ever gone down in the new format (I know we went down with 41 in the old system)? 

50+ points guarantees us top 6?

Which one is the target for the new manager in 2018/19?

https://spfl.co.uk/premiership/archive/

Edited by smitchu2

12 minutes ago, smitchu2 said:

Am I right in thinking that no team with less than 40 points has ever gone down in the new format (I know we went down with 41 in the old system)? 

50+ points guarantees us top 6?

Which one is the target for the new manager in 2018/19?

https://spfl.co.uk/premiership/archive/

My feeling is that 10 points per quarter makes you safe whilst 14 points a quarter has you competing in the top 6. 

Breaking this down then we are looking at 3 wins and a draw for 10 points and 4 wins and two draws for 14 points. The latter would be exciting.

What would my personal target be. I think 8th or 7th.

3 hours ago, David Mc said:

8th

Aye.

Could 'staying up/survival' really be considered a target? That should be what we expect at the very least. Otherwise, what is the point?

8th would be a very respectable (and, hopefully, achievable) placing come the end of the season.

If we stay up by the skin of our teeth, at least we will have stayed up, but surely we must aim a wee bit higher without being silly (ie - oaksoft).

I agree with this.
It is a realistic ambition that we should aim to finish above Livingston, Hamilton, Dundee and St Johnstone.

Agreed. We should be aiming for maximum points against these teams and picking up points against the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock and hearts (between 4 and 7)
Anything against the top four from last season is a bonus.

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

:hammer

Unsurprisingly neither you nor Drew understand the difference between setting a target and setting an expectation.

I am therefore not surprised that you have responded like this.

Neither of you has a winning mentality as a result.

Your funeral.

Our target should be to try and win every single game home and away.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Unsurprisingly you don't understand the difference between realistic targets and expectations.

You have obviously never been in charge of any set of humans, outside your family.

Any team with you in charge would be nervous wrecks after the first 3 or 4 games and, as a result of your unrealistic targets, would be in the depths of depression.

Your last sentence reinforces the point that you have no idea what the difference is between expecting to win and targetting a win which is why you are wittering on about people being nervous wrecks.

Look, I am not an unreasonable person. In order to have a conversation with me you need to have a modicum of intelligence and the ability to think about what others are saying. I am not prepared to waste my time talking to idiots. Your ignorance is not my problem. I will leave you to it until you start demonstrating you have something other than sawdust between your ears.

Oaky still trotting out the ‘Challenge Celtic for the title’ pish? Good man. After 5 games, when Celtic are on 15 points at a canter, and St Mirren are sadly slipping behind in the title race, I fully expect him to come on berating Stubbs and the team for their miserable failure in keepng  pace with the Champions of the last, erm, is it 100 seasons in a row now?

Get it sorted Stubbs.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Thanks to JR’s premature departure we have half a team at present - just one week or so before the return to training for the new season.

Our immediate target therefore should be to sign the other half.

At least the new manager will get to pick his half.

1 minute ago, pod said:

At least the new manager will get to pick his half.

Absolutely right pod.  Timing is just about spot on.  The opportunity to bring in so many players gives Alan a sound base to work from in building his Saints team. 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Oaky still trotting out the ‘Challenge Celtic for the title’ pish? Good man. After 5 games, when Celtic are on 15 points at a canter, and St Mirren are sadly slipping behind in the title race, I fully expect him to come on berating Stubbs and the team for their miserable failure in keepng  pace with the Champions of the last, erm, is it 100 seasons in a row now?

Get it sorted Stubbs.

You are as incapable of reading a post as Faraway. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft