What is the target?

The management team and players will have targets which they will divulge  periodically IF they make them. We have expectations and aspirations. We can't set targets because we can't affect the outcome. Unless you believe we really are the twelfth man of course. Then we might have a miniscule effect. 

I am hoping for a mid table finish but, more importantly, a style of football that is good to watch. I really hate the shitfest we were forced to watch under previous regimes in the SPL.

Let me be entertained without needing a cinema.

Edited by stlucifer

Targets: 1. Get past the first round in the League Cup. 2. Get through two rounds of the Scottish Cup. 3. Average 3 wins and 3 draws per quarter in the league (12 points). Anything better would be great. Last season the team set themselves a 21 point target for the first quarter and beat that. Obviously tougher this time around.

12 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbs has announced his target as to be the best we can be, with no mention of points totals or league placings.

Please tell me any manager in the history of St Mirren that's mentioned points or League placing in the top league?

Edited by DougJamie

On 6/8/2018 at 12:17 PM, Drew said:
On 6/8/2018 at 8:39 AM, David Mc said:

8th

Aye.

Could 'staying up/survival' really be considered a target? That should be what we expect at the very least. Otherwise, what is the point?

8th would be a very respectable (and, hopefully, achievable) placing come the end of the season.

If we stay up by the skin of our teeth, at least we will have stayed up, but surely we must aim a wee bit higher without being silly (ie - oaksoft).

Why is Oaksoft being silly?  All he suggested is trying to win more games than anybody else, is that not the object of being in a league?  Whether or not the league is football is irrelevant  .....the OBJECT is to WIN,  I personally would rather follow Jacks philosophy from last season; whereby we won quite a few, drew not too many and got fairly well beat a couple of times, better that than boring 0. 0  draws or 'parking the bus' in an attempt to just remain in the division.  If we want to progress in a sustainable manner we (that is the club) need to be pro-active on the field and off the field, I think the BOD are acting in as pro-active a manner as our financial situatio allows, lets see how the manager directs his team on the field of play and make a decision in the fullness of time . IN MY OPINION OF COURSE :D

On 6/8/2018 at 2:54 PM, oaksoft said:
On 6/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Unsurprisingly you don't understand the difference between realistic targets and expectations.

You have obviously never been in charge of any set of humans, outside your family.

Any team with you in charge would be nervous wrecks after the first 3 or 4 games and, as a result of your unrealistic targets, would be in the depths of depression.

Your last sentence reinforces the point that you have no idea what the difference is between expecting to win and targetting a win which is why you are wittering on about people being nervous wrecks.

Look, I am not an unreasonable person. In order to have a conversation with me you need to have a modicum of intelligence and the ability to think about what others are saying. I am not prepared to waste my time talking to idiots. Your ignorance is not my problem. I will leave you to it until you start demonstrating you have something other than sawdust between your ears.

If I were you Oaksoft I wouldn't hold my breath

Danny did well, so did Gus, so did SG and Co to be fair. History should judge em’ kindly.
Time to move on though..... 
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Although I think you spelt 'em wrongly. Smiley face etc.

Back on topic I would love us to finish 8th and I think that's realistic.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Black & White Army mobile app

Just now, gilberto said:

Agree with this wholeheartedly. Although I think you spelt 'em wrongly. Smiley face etc.

Back on topic I would love us to finish 8th and I think that's realistic.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Black & White Army mobile app

Aye, I have an issue with em’ .... Mon’ tae’ fcuk though mate. :P

7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

To make Martin Cannaeing and Neil  McCannae  look stupid  

If that translates into finishing ahead of them in the league then I might settle for that but being greedy it would be nice to finish above St Johnstone and Motherwell.