The Alan Stubbs Appreciation Thread

7 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I think Stubbs is exactly what we need, admitting I'm disappointed Ross has left.

We have limited attraction, no matter how much people scream and scream, and he will, IMO, at least make us safe next season.

Then it's a building job, every transfer window, like Ross did, is a chance to improve our standing with better players.

Yes we agree as have myself and several others who have made these very points. Good to see you feel the same.

23 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Welcome Stubbsy - with only two vowels in your name it’s hard to make an anagram! :nerdy

Alan Stubbs blunts a bus :blink: made my day anyway!

2 Us? Or is it U2?

Anyway. Alan Stubbsy

Abyssal Bunt

Can't get much lower than that!

Edited by stlucifer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was reading all the Anti Stubbs posts plastered across most of the forum and wondered what happened to this thread.

I eventually found it on page 4 of the general discussion pages. July 29 was the last time anyone thought to consider posting anything appreciative on it. "Maybe the "Stubby says" thread is where you all say nice things about our leader now.

Maybe it's just more fun putting the boot in when he's down.

To all those willing to give Stubbs a chance. 'I Salute you.' I think, in the times he is working and with the resources he has, he is trying hard to succeed in difficult conditions. Remember he stepped in to take a Job that others wouldn't touch, so give the guy some credit.  I'm confident he believes he can succeed and wasn't just desperate for any old gig.

To those with different opinions. Well that's up to you but hopefully on Saturday we'll all get behind him and give him some support.

If we're lucky there will be 3000 plus there on Saturday with about 172 Livingston fans.

All those who still lament for JR can reminisce about those halcyon days when he saw off the little teams with his "world Class" Championship winning squad which all went on to become the greatest players in the deepest figments of our imaginations but everyone knew in reality would never hack it with the big boys.

It's all about 'Now' and 'Now' AS is at the helm.  So lets get behind him and turn up this Saturday to show  him and the team that the fans do care and should be rewarded with effort and performances every week.

After beating Livingston and a few chants of 'AS B+W Army' maybe we might even get a couple of appreciative posts on here come 5pm on Saturday. 

I'll settle for a celebratory Pint.

looking forward to Saturday's appreciative posts.  

See you all there. I hope.

:bounce1:bounce2:bounce3:bounce4

:cheers

Edited by East Lothian Saint

We have to remember that thankfully its only a small representation of our fan base that comes on here. And even smaller percentage that is this sites infamous ranters..... Alan future is just fine as long as he delivers the progress the BOD wants and i personally think he will. As for the back stabbers they just exist on forums and do it for attention. Come Sat there will be 4000 saints fans. Win lose or draw cause that what true supporters do. The rest and the majority of this forum. Is just background noise. COYS

Time to get behind the manager and all his new signings, as well as those who starred for us last season. Nobody has hit the heights in the last couple of games, but Saturday is a chance to put that right with a good performance, and three points to open up a wee gap between us and Livi, and possibly an even bigger one between us and Dundee and Motherwell.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Time to get behind the manager and all his new signings, as well as those who starred for us last season. Nobody has hit the heights in the last couple of games, but Saturday is a chance to put that right with a good performance, and three points to open up a wee gap between us and Livi, and possibly an even bigger one between us and Dundee and Motherwell.

Agreed but thats my point vast majority of fans are behind the manager and players. The local lads the loanees the heroes like Samson and Mcginn. Yes opinions are good but some of the drivel in here is getting personal against our team. Being called a happy clapper just shows the mindset of some morons on here. There will be 4000 plus happy clappers when the players run on to the field Sat and hopefully delighted after game. If not.... we go again......

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Agreed but thats my point vast majority of fans are behind the manager and players. The local lads the loanees the heroes like Samson and Mcginn. Yes opinions are good but some of the drivel in here is getting personal against our team. Being called a happy clapper just shows the mindset of some morons on here. There will be 4000 plus happy clappers when the players run on to the field Sat and hopefully delighted after game. If not.... we go again......

Optimism costs nothing. It is a way of approaching life and it's challenges (football included). Blind faith is different and I understand that some will have doubts for one "reason" or another. That's fine but my advice would be - if you want your opinion to have validity then make sure you are contributing to the club by having a season ticket, going to home games, being part of the 1877 Club or through SMISA.  If you are not - and there can be valid reasons why not - then at least comment constructively and above all treat other St Mirren Fan's views with respect. If not then neither the club or the fan base need those involved. Harsh but true.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Optimism costs nothing. It is a way of approaching life and it's challenges (football included). Blind faith is different and I understand that some will have doubts for one "reason" or another. That's fine but my advice would be - if you want your opinion to have validity then make sure you are contributing to the club by having a season ticket, going to home games, being part of the 1877 Club or through SMISA.  If you are not - and there can be valid reasons why not - then at least comment constructively and above all treat other St Mirren Fan's views with respect. If not then neither the club or the fan base need those involved. Harsh but true.

:lol:

There you have it if you're not part of this elite club you can feck right off.......................:1eye

#utterclown

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

There you have it if you're not part of this elite club you can feck right off.......................:1eye

#utterclown

How do you support the Club F Man?

And I said there could be valid reasons why some people can't do this.

Some won't.

Nice to know that you describe supporters who  " are contributing to the club by having a season ticket, going to home games, being part of the 1877 Club or through SMISA."  As Elite. I wouldn't. 

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Ricky, are you an Dougie sittin the gither crossed legged on the flair smoking that wacky baccy?

I like a touch of humour HMB.

DJ and I often take different views.

If we are on the same page with this - then so be it.

Others have Every Right to disagree or question.

Free country. Free forum. Just be respectful of different views.