45 minutes ago, billyg said:

I would imagine that Stubbs would now want to bring in some of his old pals , and the likes of Reilly would have his offer withdrawn , it's been on the table long enough anyway imo !

The apethy towards him by some fans just because he wants to keep his options open is ridiculous. 

When was the last time we had a player score 20+ goals in a season? 

The thing teams down the bottom half of the table always struggle with is scoring goals. We've been there plenty of times before. Reilly is a proven goalscorer. We should be going all out to convince him to sign.

13 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Can see us bringing in someone like Simon Murray - possibly some loan signings from Everton?

Murray scored almost as many goals in the league cup last season as he did in 36 league appearances.

PS... welcome to St Mirren, Alan.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Happy with the appointment too, wasn’t sure who I wanted when I looked at the list of potential managers but he’s our man now. He’s now part of our club will be part of our history, let’s get behind him all the way. I’m sure the majority feel the same as I do. Welcome to the greatest club in Paisley [emoji23]OK the greatest club ever [emoji6]

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc.

He must be good at interviews so there’s that. And he’s won the Scottish cup too.

Might be a decent appointment, only one way to find out. Wait and see.

As for next season 10th would be a success. We’ve lost our two best players and our manager and we’re already behind most of our other rivals in terms of planning for next season.

Agree TC

However Livi are actually now behind us, and lets be honest, Accies, Dundee, St Johnstone have more offloaded that on

Welcome to Paisley Santos.  No pressure Alan.  Put together a decent squad,  keep us in the Premiership and make progress in both cups and then build from there.  Ps: We last won a cup in 2013 and before that in 1987 so you don't have the weight of 114 years gap on your shoulders.  Our 4 season tickets arrived in the post today so we will be there to support Alan Stubb's Black and White Army at every game. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Welcome to Paisley Santos.  No pressure Alan.  Put together a decent squad,  keep us in the Premiership and make progress in both cups and then build from there.  Ps: We last won a cup in 2013 and before that in 1987 so you don't have the weight of 114 years gap on your shoulders.  Our 4 season tickets arrived in the post today so we will be there to support Alan Stubb's Black and White Army at every game. 

Ricky, Alan is popping round to Stu Ds tonight for the full low down. So he will see your post and no doubt reply to you

His handle name is  Whydowebother :thumbsup

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Fcuk sake, that T Shirt has come out quicker than ‘Ricky’ starting a thread, or helpmashull / faradhabisaint creating new shite aliases.

Made in a sweat shop in Malaysia .................... cost 10p to make , hopefully worth more than that at end of season

Edited by DougJamie