Entertaining interview there with Fitzy on STV, with comments from a few miserable Paisley basturts’ outside the theatre of Stubbsy Dreams. Nothing from Sir Stubbs himself yet, must be busy signing players and flicking the V-sign to Guti.

Over to you BBC Scotland....

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Fitzy speaks about Stubbsy

Aye, just watched the full interview on Buddievision. It is hard not to get caught up with Fitzy's enthusiasm. He seems happy, so we should be happy:)

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Has it been announced who his assistant will be? 

Fitzy says that it is entirely down to Stubbs to decide who he wants in, and he reckons he will already have a good idea. Likewise players, so all good.

Welcome to the best club in the universe.
some of the apprehension is maybe just because Jack was so successful and the prospects under him looked good. If Stubbs had been appointed right after Tommy Craig    or Murray we would be celebrating his arrival with widespread enthusiasm.
let’s get right behind him and see who he brings in to strengthen our squad. I personally can’t wait for the new season COYS!!!!

“If Stubbs had been appointed right after Tommy Craig or Murray we would be celebrating his arrival with widespread enthusiasm.”

Spot on chap, that’s exactly what I said yesterday.

Guest TPAFKATS
The apethy towards him by some fans just because he wants to keep his options open is ridiculous. 
When was the last time we had a player score 20+ goals in a season? 
The thing teams down the bottom half of the table always struggle with is scoring goals. We've been there plenty of times before. Reilly is a proven goalscorer. We should be going all out to convince him to sign.
No apathy from me Bud. He's been given a contract offer and he's not signed it. Time to get an answer so we can move on if need be.
Also much as I think he had a great season those goals weren't all in the league.

Sent from my phone using sausage fingers

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

No apathy from me Bud. He's been given a contract offer and he's not signed it. Time to get an answer so we can move on if need be.
Also much as I think he had a great season those goals weren't all in the league.

I said before that we shouldn't be any players other option , offer the contract , set a time to accept or reject and then move on.

Guest TPAFKATS
I said before that we shouldn't be any players other option , offer the contract , set a time to accept or reject and then move on.
There would be dome exceptions for me. Morgan if he was still here, magennis and McGinn. Reilly wouldn't be one though.

26 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Why wasn't Stubbs talking to the press , He's took a chance leaving it to Fitzy , just surprised he's not repeated his Champions League comment and how Stubbs has agreed with him.

Maybe Alan Stubbs had a prior engagement set for today. Anything could explain why he didn’t feature on the news tonight. Maybe today was the day he promised to run his brother and family to the airport for their holi-bobs. Maybe Mr and Mrs Stubbs had a weekend away booked. Maybe they were at a wedding today.  Who da’ fcuk knows!

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe Alan Stubbs had a prior engagement set for today. Anything could explain why he didn’t feature on the news tonight. Maybe today was the day he promised to run his brother and family to the airport for their holi-bobs. Maybe Mr and Mrs Stubbs had a weekend away booked. Maybe they were at a wedding today.  Who da’ fcuk knows!

Maybe he's away saying to Stokes "Hoy Stoksey stop punching Elvis and come and sign for my new team"

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ricky- BTW- This is another example of sarcasm...................:whistle

Oh I get that DJ. Biting, cutting edge from ADS . Make anybody hoot with laughter.....oh dear I may just have been sarcastic.  Note to self. .cut that out.

Edited by St.Ricky

Good appointment for us - got a bit of a point to prove and joining a club that is on the up. Everton connection could be good for us as well in terms of loan market. Whilst likes of Guti would have been a wow factor, realistically how long would he have lasted over here ........ can you see him at Hamilton on a cold November night. I’m just amazed that St Mirren’s current profile is such that he applied in the first place !

All aboard the Stubbsy Express 

COYS !!

Welcome aboard and good luck Alan Stubbs.

Uncertain about how it will turn out but felt the same when JR was appointed.

A few years ago he wouldn't have looked at us but his star has fallen and ours is on the rise.

Its a new start and quite exciting - might be a disaster in the end but as long as we win the Scottish Cup during his tenure I will be happy no matter what else happens

Now I just have to remember to book that Season Ticket.

5 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Welcome aboard and good luck Alan Stubbs.

Uncertain about how it will turn out but felt the same when JR was appointed.

A few years ago he wouldn't have looked at us but his star has fallen and ours is on the rise.

Its a new start and quite exciting - might be a disaster in the end but as long as we win the Scottish Cup during his tenure I will be happy no matter what else happens

Now I just have to remember to book that Season Ticket.

Have to agree.

As much as we're in a decent position, we're not the box office draw that some of seem to think we are.

Initially, I was underwhelmed as to the perceived quality of the candidates. However, when reality kicked in I realised that the likes of Stubbs and McIntyre are as good as we're going to get, without breaking the bank.

Any manager that we could have appointed would have some sort of blemish on their CV, and it's really down to an individual's opinion as to whether one candidate is better than the other.

Stubbs could bomb or he could be a success, much like what could have happened with JR.

I'll reserve judgement until I see who signs and how we perform over the first couple of months.

The one thing that does worry me a bit is the three year contract. As others have mentioned, I hope that there is some sort of release/relegation clause that minimises any financial hit that we may take if he bombs.

Onwards and upwards! Hopefully.