2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

See that line in the Stubbs interview where he said the BoD had "realistic expectations"?

I'm confused: wasn't Tony telling candidates that we had to finish top four? :rolleyes:

Maybe Stubbs spoke to Scott rather than Fitzpatrick. 

If he hasn't, Faraway can apparently knock him one up.

Back on topic, I suspect that Stubbs will do fine. Any specific predictions before squads are shaping up would be silly - so here's mine. default_smile.png

Comfortably at the top end of the bottom six, achieving safety from the playoffs one game after the split. Tony will be livid but talk it up anyway and Robbie Neilson will say "I could have done that".

Yep - good shout Slarti.

I’d just throw in a wee Triple Treble Trashing Scottish Cup final win -and then the season would rate as “acceptable” [emoji3]

6 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
18 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Yep - good shout Slarti.

I’d just throw in a wee Triple Treble Trashing Scottish Cup final win -and then the season would rate as “acceptable” emoji3.png

Get your money on it now, it's happening...

Double it up with John Kennedy for manager and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.:thumbsup

Double it up with John Kennedy for manager and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.default_thumbup2.gif

There's a good reason for me thinking that, FTOF, my old man was 28 in 59, I was 28 in 87 and my son will be 28 next cup final. And if you think that's nonsense, I was 9 in 68, my son was 9 in 2000 and my grandson turned 9 in July last year.

I could add my grandfather to the cup thing his army record would show him as 28 in 26 but he added 2 years to his d.o.b. to join early in WW1..and he wasn't a buddie.

ETA

Might not be the soundest logic out there but it's still better than anything StuD's come up with.

:)

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:
1 hour ago, southsidebud said:

Yep - good shout Slarti.

I’d just throw in a wee Triple Treble Trashing Scottish Cup final win -and then the season would rate as “acceptable” emoji3.png

Get your money on it now, it's happening...

Wow , that sounds like a postulate Buddie. I like your thinking. .

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

I was thinking earlier that it must be a while since we've had a manager who wasn't Scottish.

Anyone know who that would have been?

Willie Cunningham.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/willie-cunningham-1-917404/amp

Edited by HSS
edited to add link.

13 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

See that line in the Stubbs interview where he said the BoD had "realistic expectations"?

I'm confused: wasn't Tony telling candidates that we had to finish top four? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, StuD said:

Maybe Stubbs spoke to Scott rather than Fitzpatrick. 

Or maybe more likely he thinks top 4 is realistic :headbang

47 minutes ago, Drew said:

Official unveiling press conference about to start at the stadium. Looking forward to hearing what the new manager has to say.

Every one of us on this forum could post right now what he will say.... delighted to be here....great opportunity....carry on and build from the work already done...club has great infrastructure....looking to identify signing targets....realistic expectations....looking forward to the challenge ahead....the new kit better not be a munter and the Wank Tank must stay....

...that’ll cover it.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Every one of us on this forum could post right now what he will say.... delighted to be here....great opportunity....carry on and build from the work already done...club has great infrastructure....looking to identify signing targets....realistic expectations....looking forward to the challenge ahead....the new kit better not be a munter and the Wank Tank must stay....

...that’ll cover it.

You are very positive these day's Poz. The future is bright mate Black & White

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You are very positive these day's Poz. The future is bright mate Black & White

I am poz-itive. The names in the frame were ‘meh’ in my book, but, having calmed my jets and considered things,  Stubbs is still a young manager, has a reputation for giving youth a chance and has a decent signing record, has good experience and may well be just the ticket to carry on Jack’s Journey. He may be shit though, but until we see, shhhhhhh... Anyway, enough of that. The unveiling of the new manager is going well, and fair play to GLS and Fitzy for staging a right royal box office event.... we are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

C9891029-2120-4FAC-9F18-A9D93A58E6E4.jpeg

A few quotes on Twitter from Stubbs this morning would seem to suggest that he won't be messing about in terms of deciding which players will feature next season.

I'm paraphrasing, but he said something to the effect that there are some good players at the club, and they will all be given a chance to show what they can do, but that he wants to bring in his own options. Let's face it, he will have to do that in any event, but I reckon he could be pretty ruthless if push comes to shove (as JR was).

I wonder, for example, if the contract extension offer to Reilly will remain on the table.

I'm trying to recall what, if any, other loose ends there are.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

A few quotes on Twitter from Stubbs this morning would seem to suggest that he won't be messing about in terms of deciding which players will feature next season.

I'm paraphrasing, but he said something to the effect that there are some good players at the club, and they will all be given a chance to show what they can do, but that he wants to bring in his own options. Let's face it, he will have to do that in any event, but I reckon he could be pretty ruthless if push comes to shove (as JR was).

I wonder, for example, if the contract extension offer to Reilly will remain on the table.

I'm trying to recall what, if any, other loose ends there are.

Yes I read that to.......

We still have most clubs stumbling about with players, and things as shown last Jan , happen quick, we basically had a new team then......

I am expecting 1/2 signings a week for next 6 weeks.

Livi still don't have a manager and yet they are signing players- how does that work?

8 minutes ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

Martindale seems to have the ear of the Livingston board. Their new manager/ head coach will have to work with him and not be able to bring in their own coaching team.

The secret to Failure

They really aren't taking this seriously are they ?

G O O D