Just appeared on Twitter

Scott, however, said the club will now press on with signings under Stubbs' watch in a bid to get the Buddies up to speed ahead of their Premiership campaign.

He said: "He'll know himself what he wants to bring in, we've got a core of key players at the club, but even before Jack left we knew we'd have to bring in some players.

"Alan will get the funds to do that, to a degree.

"I'd expect six or seven players to come in at a minimum, possibly more depending on how he assesses the squad."

Former Celtic defender Stubbs has signed on for the next three seasons with the Paisley side after enduring a lengthy spell out of coaching since his sacking from Rotherham in 2016.

Scott insisted the length of contract reflected the longer-term planning taking place at the club.

He said: "You have to give somebody a chance to build something, we were building before and want to do so again.

"We want to develop the stadium and increase our turnover so we can compete in the top six.

"But that's not going to happen overnight so we've a long-term ambition not a short-term one."

Stubbs’ face can trip him up 24/7, 365 days a year if he’s doing a good job and the players and staff like him. He’s clearly not the sort for outward displays of emotion... like cracking a smile, or cheering the fcuk up.

Joking! Put it this way, when we win the Scottish and/or League Cups next season, cannot see Stubbsy dancing on the bar tops of Paisley with his club tie tied around his head and leading a sing-song.

Fine by me.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Stubbs’ face can trip him up 24/7, 365 days a year if he’s doing a good job and the players and staff like him. He’s clearly not the sort for outward displays of emotion... like cracking a smile, or cheering the fcuk up.

Joking! Put it this way, when we win the Scottish and/or League Cups next season, cannot see Stubbsy dancing on the bar tops of Paisley with his club tie tied around his head and leading a sing-song.

Fine by me.

Just thought of Jim Jefferies- Shudder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till I then read the "doing a good job bit" and its passed 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Every one of us on this forum could post right now what he will say.... delighted to be here....great opportunity....carry on and build from the work already done...club has great infrastructure....looking to identify signing targets....realistic expectations....looking forward to the challenge ahead....the new kit better not be a munter and the Wank Tank must stay....

...that’ll cover it.

Stubbsy must have read your post and decided to think outside the box when talking to the press at his unveiling as St Mirren manager. Barely mentioned St Mirren at all and spent more time talking about regretting leaving Hibs, the profile of Scottish football being on the up due to Brendan Rodgers taking the Celtic job, Stevie Gerard going to Rangers, Clarke doing well at Kilmarnock and he's looking forward to renewing his rivalry with Gerard and visiting Celtic Park and Easter Road again. He has said he got a good feeling about the people running the club... maybe when you've worked at Everton behind the scenes or played for Celtic and Everton it gets harder to be impressed with our dinky stadium and training facilities?

On recruitment, he dropped a hint he has lots of English contacts... no mention of the tradition of bring through homegrown young prospects.

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbsy must have read your post and decided to think outside the box when talking to the press at his unveiling as St Mirren manager. Barely mentioned St Mirren at all and spent more time talking about regretting leaving Hibs, the profile of Scottish football being on the up due to Brendan Rodgers taking the Celtic job, Stevie Gerard going to Rangers, Clarke doing well at Kilmarnock and he's looking forward to renewing his rivalry with Gerard and visiting Celtic Park and Easter Road again. He has said he got a good feeling about the people running the club... maybe when you've worked at Everton behind the scenes or played for Celtic and Everton it gets harder to be impressed with our dinky stadium and training facilities?

On recruitment, he dropped a hint he has lots of English contacts... no mention of the tradition of bring through homegrown young prospects.

What did he say about the Wank Tank?

21 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

There are some decent quotes from AS from the Official Twitter feed ..

“I haven’t come here wanting to finish 10th. It’s not in my vocabulary to say we want to just stay up. We want it to be exciting. I want to bring some exciting players in.”

There will be players coming in. I’ve looked at the squad and there are some good players there. I’ll give everyone a chance but we want to get players in.”

The club had a real good season coming up and we want to keep that real feel good factor.”

I got good vibes about the job here. They [the board] seem like good honest people and I could see myself working under that structure.”

And from Div ...

Believe the players are delighted with the managerial appointment.

And from a journo ...

Spoke about learning from his time at Rotherham, targeting more than safety & plans to speak to Jack Ross.

Guest TPAFKATS
You're not taking it well [emoji2]
Thought this was a StuD post before scrolling back up to read the user name.

Sent from my phone using sausage fingers

Been away at a music festival since Thursday so missed the reaction,  good or bad, to the appointment. I think that considering those involved  in the running for the job, Stubbs is just as good as the other candidates. Having consistently backed GS and TF to pick the right man i'd have to say that they must have trusted their instincts when appointing Stubbs so that'll do for me. Welcome to the club Alan....i think he'll do a good job for us.

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Impressed at his first interview. 

Aye, he's not the most charismatic, but that needn't matter a jot. He seems to have a calm self-assurance.  I'm pretty optimistic about how we'll do with AS at the helm.

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, he's not the most charismatic, but that needn't matter a jot. He seems to have a calm self-assurance.  I'm pretty optimistic about how we'll do with AS at the helm.

I don’t think he’s dull or lacks charisma (not suggesting you are by the way), he’s just a quiet kind of guy. My guess is that away from the cameras, he would be good company. Might be an idea to organise one of those ‘ a talk-in with Tony’ type of nights in the corporate suite. I reckon if held pre-season, demand for tickets to a night with the new boss and BoD would sell out. 

Charge a fiver a ticket, throw in a bowl of scouse. :D