4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think he’s dull or lacks charisma (not suggesting you are by the way), he’s just a quiet kind of guy. My guess is that away from the cameras, he would be good company. Might be an idea to organise one of those ‘ a talk-in with Tony’ type of nights in the corporate suite. I reckon if held pre-season, demand for tickets to a night with the new boss and BoD would sell out. 

Charge a fiver a ticket, throw in a bowl of scouse. :D

I agree with this. Why not use the feelgood factor to generate a little revenue. I'm in.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

So far like what im hearing. Now lets see what his backroom appointments are and what type of player we bring in.

Hopefully not three or four unknowns from Everton U23s , that would be a disaster !

14 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Every one of us on this forum could post right now what he will say.... delighted to be here....great opportunity....carry on and build from the work already done...club has great infrastructure....looking to identify signing targets....realistic expectations....looking forward to the challenge ahead....the new kit better not be a munter and the Wank Tank must stay....

...that’ll cover it.

just watched both the buddie vision interview with Jimbo and the press one.  Have to admit he came across really well in both but particularly so in the press interview, thoughtful responses; nothing glib either, seems to understand the ethos behind the club and the financial constraints under which he must operate, praised JR for where he took us to and proposed moving us onward in a manner not at all arrogant or condescending.  I must be honest and admit that my perception of him was partly (and wrongly) based on  his accent and phraseology, ashamed to admit that really, does the man an injustice.  All in all the boy did good I think  :wub:

The secret to Failure
They really aren't taking this seriously are they ?
G O O D

Er, but it’s that set up which has won them 2 consecutive promotions.

As I’ve pointed out a few times, Hopkin wasn’t really in charge at Livi, Martindale was.

Indeed, it goes further. From what I hear, Martindale runs the club and will choose the next “manager”.

19 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Stubbsy must have read your post and decided to think outside the box when talking to the press at his unveiling as St Mirren manager. Barely mentioned St Mirren at all and spent more time talking about regretting leaving Hibs, the profile of Scottish football being on the up due to Brendan Rodgers taking the Celtic job, Stevie Gerard going to Rangers, Clarke doing well at Kilmarnock and he's looking forward to renewing his rivalry with Gerard and visiting Celtic Park and Easter Road again. He has said he got a good feeling about the people running the club... maybe when you've worked at Everton behind the scenes or played for Celtic and Everton it gets harder to be impressed with our dinky stadium and training facilities?

On recruitment, he dropped a hint he has lots of English contacts... no mention of the tradition of bring through homegrown young prospects.

I started a Stubbs Must Go thread for you Dibble. Be a good chap and post this kind of stuff in there:)

53 minutes ago, zico said:

Indeed, it goes further. From what I hear, Martindale runs the club and will choose the next “manager”.

To be fair, Andy, it might well be you have have called this part correctly, as it seems their chairman confirmed as much in an interview last week. Very bizarre.

I'm away for a wee lie down now....:wacko:

43 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be fair, Andy, it might well be you have have called this part correctly, as it seems their chairman confirmed as much in an interview last week. Very bizarre.

I'm away for a wee lie down now....:wacko:

Of course I called it correctly!

After I was told what was happening there it didn't take much to find out more with some googling.

Simply observing what was happening on the Livi bench at games was the clincher though. Not only was Martindale barking out the instructions and making the substitutions, Hopkin was disappearing up the tunnel during games and then reappearing and sitting down on his seat without anyone batting an eyelid.

Indeed, he disappeared up the tunnel in the first leg of the Partick game in the 89th minute and was caught on camera.

The Livi chairman confirmed last week that Martindale is the one who is recruiting the new manager! He's signed 4 players already!

And where is Hopkin now?

11 minutes ago, zico said:

After I was told what was happening there it didn't take much to find out more with some googling.

Simply observing what was happening on the Livi bench at games was the clincher though. Not only was Martindale barking out the instructions and making the substitutions, Hopkin was disappearing up the tunnel during games and then reappearing and sitting down on his seat without anyone batting an eyelid.

Indeed, he disappeared up the tunnel in the first leg of the Partick game in the 89th minute and was caught on camera.

The Livi chairman confirmed last week that Martindale is the one who is recruiting the new manager! He's signed 4 players already!

And where is Hopkin now?

It all sounds very suspicious though. Convicted drug dealer becomes such a powerful presence in the club? My money is on him being involved in some drugs cartel and Livi being used as a front to allow them to launder money. 

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

It all sounds very suspicious though. Convicted drug dealer becomes such a powerful presence in the club? My money is on him being involved in some drugs cartel and Livi being used as a front to allow them to launder money. 

I hope you have a good solicitor on speed-dial:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I hope you have a good solicitor on speed-dial:ph34r:

I’m hearing that the club are utterly dismayed that Lord Pityme hasn’t started a thread in the Wank Tank about someone on here accusing  Ferrantibanklivvy FC of being a front for money laundering, drugs and general cuntery.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

I started a Stubbs Must Go thread for you Dibble. Be a good chap and post this kind of stuff in there:)

I'm not fussed one way or another about Stubbs' appointment.  As always I hope it works out well for the club and him. I thought he came across pretty well on the official website's video interview where he went into more detail on the club, players we already have, recruiting his backroom team and new players than was shown on the clips on the mainstream media outlets.

7 hours ago, zico said:

And where is Hopkin now?

Yup it seems Martindale is on holiday (& running the show from Thailand :red according to a dude on P&B) - bizarre!

My apologies. :notworthy

11 hours ago, zico said:

Er, but it’s that set up which has won them 2 consecutive promotions.

As I’ve pointed out a few times, Hopkin wasn’t really in charge at Livi, Martindale was.

You really need to address ur thoughts. Hopkin is highly rated by everyone. Bar you