Should st Ricky be in the sin bin

Should st Ricky be in the sin bin  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Free speech is all well and good but "nattering and whittering on" and, more so, repeating things that people have already posted as an actual thread is just clutter. And putting this nonsense in the "General St. Mirren section". This is what stricky  does. Even if he did have a decent post, and I'm sure he's had some, it would take some amount of sifting to locate it.

We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts but the sheer volume from him is why I would appreciate the opportunity to ignore threads. He could do the same to me but, when Istart a nonsense thread, it's in the appropriate place. 

This said. This thread should have been in General nonsense too.

17 hours ago, stlucifer said:
18 hours ago, jaybee said:

I see; someone else who wishes to join the thread Police, tell me do, why you think you know what I and others like? Why you should decide where a thread is posted? And why you should be the arbiter of what is and is not clutter/  and furthermore when you say 'We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts'  My answer to that my friend is speak for yourself, one thing about St Ricky is he doesn't come across as a sanctimonious prat which certain 'other' people on here today most certainly have.  Have a good one:rolleyes:

I'm not advocating stricky doesn't start threads or where he puts them.. I am advocating an extension to the already in use "ignore" function so I suggest you pull your neck in as I'm not speaking for you or anyone else. As for inane posts. See the quote.

Ok! well my interpretation of 'Free speech is all well and good but "nattering and whittering on" and, more so, repeating things that people have already posted as an actual thread is just clutter.' would imply that since someone else has offered an opinion, then other people opinions are irrelevant ....according to your definition  ie; thread police. solution for you would seem to be just ignore anything with StRicky's name on it, or maybe go the whole hog and ignore anything you disagree with, you could end up talking to yourself .wouldn't that be nice?

As for 'We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts' that my friend is a statement which quite clearly encompasses everyone, myself included which clearly entitles me to as you put it so succinctly 'stick my neck out'. 

As far as I am aware;  my responses to posts have been reasonable and whilst perhaps occasionally slightly sarcastic; I have drawn the line at becoming rude; unlike many others on here who sometimes loose the plot.  :)

Don't personally have any issues with Ricky.  Seems to be a few folk on here who seem to think that they have views above the 'average ' posters on here.  Let the mods decide who is cluttering threads etc, and quit with the shit stirring and bickering.  Never seen so many folk supporting the same team arguing, insulting each other.  It's bloody pathetic and its the one thing that ruins this forum.  Rant over

Don't personally have any issues with Ricky.  Seems to be a few folk on here who seem to think that they have views above the 'average ' posters on here.  Let the mods decide who is cluttering threads etc, and quit with the shit stirring and bickering.  Never seen so many folk supporting the same team arguing, insulting each other.  It's bloody pathetic and its the one thing that ruins this forum.  Rant over

In doing so, you’re offering an opinion branding people pathetic ?

Aye, that’s about the same, bin for you boy [emoji3]

8 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

In doing so, you’re offering an opinion branding people pathetic ?

Aye, that’s about the same, bin for you boy emoji3.png

Not at all, offering opinion is different from classing what posts/threads you deem to be cluttering, repetative etc.  Wind your neck in and stop being a fandan.  Look forward to what is going on with the club and what will be for the new season, instead of ranting about who is worthy of the sin bin.  If the mods want to sin bin me, and provide valid rational for it, I will accept their decision. 

2 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Picking up on the idea of a sin bin. I don't think it is needed. The idea of a forum to me is to share information, thoughts, ideas and suggestions and encourage others to challenge, correct or agree as the see fit. As many as possible and as often as people like. I don't believe it is there to encourage personal insults towards other members, whatever their views. I don't blame Div for looking at ways to re-educate some posters rather than simply removing them all together. The Forum is in good health with more threads being started by a greater variety if people than in the past. Great time to be a Saint Mitten Fan and a Forum Member.

Not at all, offering opinion is different from classing what posts/threads you deem to be cluttering, repetative etc.  Wind your neck in and stop being a fandan.  Look forward to what is going on with the club and what will be for the new season, instead of ranting about who is worthy of the sin bin.  If the mods want to sin bin me, and provide valid rational for it, I will accept their decision. 

My ‘monination’ is you [emoji3]

Leave Ricky alone .... no really, leave him alone.

I have nothing against Ricky. He as we all do sometimes get a bit involved with posts, but so far have you most of his to be valid and with reason, that's all I was saying but some folk on here think it's a good idea to vilify a fellow supporter.  Very very poor, something I might have expected on other forums but seems here is no escape 

30 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Picking up on the idea of a sin bin. I don't think it is needed. The idea of a forum to me is to share information, thoughts, ideas and suggestions and encourage others to challenge, correct or agree as the see fit. As many as possible and as often as people like. I don't believe it is there to encourage personal insults towards other members, whatever their views. I don't blame Div for looking at ways to re-educate some posters rather than simply removing them all together. The Forum is in good health with more threads being started by a greater variety if people than in the past. Great time to be a Saint Mitten Fan and a Forum Member.

That was a really good post until the St Mitten bit. TBF the r is next to the t. Now be more careful you rir:P

43 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A lot of those people you refer to are simply aliases , some people have a few it seems. .

7 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:
52 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A lot of those people you refer to are simply aliases , some people have a few it seems. .

Didn''t know we had aliens on here  . what planet are they from? what do they look like? have they got six legs?   Oh! Oppppps aliases mmmmmmmmmmmm  :wub:

I don't mind St Ricky but where did he come from ? To appear on a forum at his age and to make so many posts in a short time, makes me wonder was he a saint fan when he was making all his millions of £££££££ during his working life ?

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

I don't mind St Ricky but where did he come from ? To appear on a forum at his age and to make so many posts in a short time, makes me wonder was he a saint fan when he was making all his millions of £££££££ during his working life ?

I wish Renfrew.  I wish.  But money has never been a great motivator for me.  I started watching Saints when I moved to the area in 1973. Started taking my kids and a few of their pals to games home and away in 1974. Moved away from Paisley in 1992 but have continued to go to games home and away.  Started working internationally around 1999 but for family and football watching reasons only agreed to 5 to 10 day visits and let me help mentor MBA students at a well known Scottish  Business  School.  This let me earn a penny or two and meant that I could still see most Saint's games. Sometimes flew back for the weekend e..g.  from Bloemfontein in South Africa or Istanbul to catch a game and see my wife.  Don't enjoy watching games on TV.  Much prefer being there.  As for the forum,  my interest in it is recent and since I decided not to accept work or travel then besides watching Saints,  playing golf,  going to the cinema,  going to the theatre, reading or going out for meals a couple of times a week I have time to read other people's posts and start a few threads,  but not as many as some.  Deflection is alive and well on the forum.