Should st Ricky be in the sin bin

Should st Ricky be in the sin bin  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've just seen yet another nonsensical thread started by this guy and, once again I ask, can somebody with the authority not limit the pile of sh!te building up from one individual? It can't be that hard to see he's ripping the p!sh out of this to the detriment of the site.

45 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Clever stuff Zico. Care to repeat that. Think twice. 

Cringe. Grow a thicker skin FFS.

Oh and stop making ludicrous threats. You are about as threatening as a wet sock.

Edited by oaksoft

I think some people really need to cut St. Ricky some slack, how anyone can get upset by his presence on here is beyond me!!

I also wonder though if St. Ricky would be a good Moderator? He ticks many boxes. He appears fair, has good temperament, wants genuine St. Mirren debate, is on the forum quite a bit and most importantly is a supporter?

44 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I think some people really need to cut St. Ricky some slack, how anyone can get upset by his presence on here is beyond me!!

I also wonder though if St. Ricky would be a good Moderator? He ticks many boxes. He appears fair, has good temperament, wants genuine St. Mirren debate, is on the forum quite a bit and most importantly is a supporter?

OK Stricky.

4 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Supporting yer Da’.

5 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Throwing a tantrum over someone posting too many threads.....if you don't like it, bugger off.....don't go greetin tae the teacher.

Fair comment Helpmaboab, if stlucifer; doesn't like Ricky's threads the wise thing to do would be not to read them then he wouldn't  get wound up and 'greet like a bairn tae the teacher' and consequently not annoy other people (some of whom) actually quite like his threads.  Please Mr teacher that nasty Ricky is starting new threads again sir....it's not fair  :clapping

9 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Fair comment Helpmaboab, if stlucifer; doesn't like Ricky's threads the wise thing to do would be not to read them then he wouldn't  get wound up and 'greet like a bairn tae the teacher' and consequently not annoy other people (some of whom) actually quite like his threads.  Please Mr teacher that nasty Ricky is starting new threads again sir....it's not fair  :clapping

It's the sheer number of threads, many of which are  duplicates to other topics already started. It just gets tedious trying to sift through them to find actual decent topics. In the main I don't read any thread with Stricky being the author. Given I have him on ignore I choose not to see what his latest input is. I merely suggest that I would like to negate the need for this sifting by having the opportunity to not see all the sh!te threads he starts. Surely that's a reasonable request?

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

t's the sheer number of threads, many of which are  duplicates to other topics already started. It just gets tedious trying to sift through them to find actual decent topics. In the main I don't read any thread with Stricky being the author. Given I have him on ignore I choose not to see what his latest input is. I merely suggest that I would like to negate the need for this sifting by having the opportunity to not see all the sh!te threads he starts. Surely that's a reasonable request?

No; it is not at all reasonable, perhaps it's simply that you are not aware of what we in the West call 'free Speech; I think they may even have a corner in that big place called London where they encourage it, probably a couple of corners actually.  Now just to further explain ......if I happened to be in that big place and was walking past someone who was 'voicing an opinion' I have a choice!  does it bother/interest/annoy me enough to stop and join in the debate offering my opinions as indeed everyone else who stops is entitled to do' or does it bore me so much I keep walking, so perchance if you think of Sir Ricky as that wee man on the box 'giving it laldy, then you know your options; walk on bye or if you choose to offer a comment as you pass bye such as 'this is a load of  whatever' then do not be surprised if you receive some derogatory cat calls or comments as you walk away. I think this really should have been written by tedious tom :D

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Nice story, only we are in a forum where free speech, seemingly, isn't tolerated otherwise their would be a sin bin.

Your attempt at an analogy fails in so many ways. 

To clarify, the needless creation of duplicate threads, etc is unnecessary and messes up the forum which, just because you don't see this as an problem, others do.

You did get something right, your post is in the tedious area, although Tom does is much better. 

1. Nice story, only we are in a forum where free speech, seemingly, isn't tolerated otherwise their would be a sin bin.

Response : as to point one if there was no free speech I wouldn't be reading what you posted and as for two there actually is a sin bin , isn't your other persona in it

2. Your attempt at an analogy fails in so many ways. 

Response: that may be perhaps because you are what used to termed 'a dunderheed'

3. To clarify, the needless creation of duplicate threads, etc is unnecessary and messes up the forum which, just because you don't see this as an problem, others do.

Response: who decides what's unnecessary?  You!  I wasn't aware there was a thread police and even less so that you were in charge

$. Can't argue with that one as indeed I said it myself . makes me wonder why you bothered to mention it

Bottom line here is whilst I don't read all of St Ricky's posts and do agree some are not my cup of tea; nevertheless he has every right to post whatever he wishes to.  I notice that you also post in response to various opinions on a variety of subjects and you too are entitled to do so.  The main point I am trying to make here is that when others such as St Ricky respond; they do so in a reasonable of perhaps slightly humorous manner and they do not attempt to belittle people .. like perhaps some other people do

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Aye, takes all types, seems your ability to understand has left you.

Again, you fail to see by the poll results there are people who see Ricky as a nuisance, nothing sinister, but a nuisance none the less. 

Thread police................there used to be moderation which could be seen as exactly that who cleaned up the forum and merged threads, don't you think the forum needs that?  

As for the highlighted part, I must have missed any of them.  :byebye

My ability to understand is fine my friend, I just doubt your ability to comprehend unless of course you are intentionally being obtuse  you know 'don't agree with you but fight for the right for you to say it anyway' or perhaps you don't subscribe to that philosophy.  And if you actually ponder upon 'moderation' that in itself is being policed and the point of an open forum is to offer opinions ......unless of course they upset you.  As for the highlighted part, it was unintentional.

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

No; it is not at all reasonable, perhaps it's simply that you are not aware of what we in the West call 'free Speech; I think they may even have a corner in that big place called London where they encourage it, probably a couple of corners actually.  Now just to further explain ......if I happened to be in that big place and was walking past someone who was 'voicing an opinion' I have a choice!  does it bother/interest/annoy me enough to stop and join in the debate offering my opinions as indeed everyone else who stops is entitled to do' or does it bore me so much I keep walking, so perchance if you think of Sir Ricky as that wee man on the box 'giving it laldy, then you know your options; walk on bye or if you choose to offer a comment as you pass bye such as 'this is a load of  whatever' then do not be surprised if you receive some derogatory cat calls or comments as you walk away. I think this really should have been written by tedious tom :D

Free speech is all well and good but "nattering and whittering on" and, more so, repeating things that people have already posted as an actual thread is just clutter. And putting this nonsense in the "General St. Mirren section". This is what stricky  does. Even if he did have a decent post, and I'm sure he's had some, it would take some amount of sifting to locate it.

We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts but the sheer volume from him is why I would appreciate the opportunity to ignore threads. He could do the same to me but, when Istart a nonsense thread, it's in the appropriate place. 

This said. This thread should have been in General nonsense too.

26 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Be grateful there's been a serious broadband problem in the Stirling area, if that's really where he lives, and there's been nothing posted today. 

I was wondering why the thread start rate was down to reasonable levels.

1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:

The forums good today..............why's that? 

Hmmmmm, let me think......  cause last night yi slept wi yer camel?

Dunno, why?  ........Sunday? all the troublemakers are at church?

am a close?

Hahahaha get it he’s in the Middle East therefore he must shag camels 561BAD81-0EAF-4C0B-8AAB-DACEFC5F243C.jpeg.0ffaaddf43aa41bb10f6b5e0ebe20001.jpeg

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Free speech is all well and good but "nattering and whittering on" and, more so, repeating things that people have already posted as an actual thread is just clutter. And putting this nonsense in the "General St. Mirren section". This is what stricky  does. Even if he did have a decent post, and I'm sure he's had some, it would take some amount of sifting to locate it.

We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts but the sheer volume from him is why I would appreciate the opportunity to ignore threads. He could do the same to me but, when Istart a nonsense thread, it's in the appropriate place. 

This said. This thread should have been in General nonsense too.

I see; someone else who wishes to join the thread Police, tell me do, why you think you know what I and others like? Why you should decide where a thread is posted? And why you should be the arbiter of what is and is not clutter/  and furthermore when you say 'We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts'  My answer to that my friend is speak for yourself, one thing about St Ricky is he doesn't come across as a sanctimonious prat which certain 'other' people on here today most certainly have.  Have a good one:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I see; someone else who wishes to join the thread Police, tell me do, why you think you know what I and others like? Why you should decide where a thread is posted? And why you should be the arbiter of what is and is not clutter/  and furthermore when you say 'We are all guilty of inane and annoying posts'  My answer to that my friend is speak for yourself, one thing about St Ricky is he doesn't come across as a sanctimonious prat which certain 'other' people on here today most certainly have.  Have a good one:rolleyes:

I'm not advocating stricky doesn't start threads or where he puts them.. I am advocating an extension to the already in use "ignore" function so I suggest you pull your neck in as I'm not speaking for you or anyone else. As for inane posts. See the quote.