Alan's first signings

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Im hoping/presuming the club are managing the news.

Wed - DJ as First Team Coach

Today - New Strips

Tomorrow - Fixtures (9am) followed by a coupla signings in the afternoon.

They are keeping the club in the spotlight.  I think the players fly out to La Manga tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

just saw Mr Stubbs on stv news. Basically give me  a  few weeks and I will bring some wee boys in on loan from england. Was not over impressed.

You must be hearing things then.

Either that or you've made the assumption that any loan signings will be younger players.

Given what the youngsters from our own youth system have achieved for us, then I'd be happy if we could secure a couple of EPL signings in the same mould.

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You must be hearing things then.

Either that or you've made the assumption that any loan signings will be younger players.

Given what the youngsters from our own youth system have achieved for us, then I'd be happy if we could secure a couple of EPL signings in the same mould.

That was what I took from it. I maybe incorrect but no mention was made of anything else. Basically seemed to be I am waiting for people to come back from WC to talk to about loans.I assumed the people were managers/coaches rather than players. Hopefully I am wrong and other irons are In the fire.

The STV news interview revealed that we should not expect any major signing for some time and that we need to be patient. He talked of nothing other than using the English loan market. Hopefully he has other feelers out and hopefully Jackson is a bit more clued up on the Scottish market. It appears there will be no signings of note for a while.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The STV news interview revealed that we should not expect any major signing for some time and that we need to be patient. He talked of nothing other than using the English loan market. Hopefully he has other feelers out and hopefully Jackson is a bit more clued up on the Scottish market. It appears there will be no signings of note for a while.

Glad to see the Boss having his own ideas and ways of doing things and like you hope that Darren J can bring things to the party.

18 minutes ago, guinness said:

That was what I took from it. I maybe incorrect but no mention was made of anything else. Basically seemed to be I am waiting for people to come back from WC to talk to about loans.I assumed the people were managers/coaches rather than players. Hopefully I am wrong and other irons are In the fire.

That was my take on it as well - unless it was players who were away playing in spectating at the tournament.

1 minute ago, zico said:

Why does he have to wait until they come back from the WC?

He never mentioned the WC. He just said the people he needed to speak to about loans were "away" More likely on holiday imo but it wasn't made specific in his interview. He appeared to be rambling a bit hopefully just not wanting to give too much away. Have to say he didn't really inspire confidence in the interview. Not exactly a ST selling rallying cry.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He never mentioned the WC. He just said the people he needed to speak to about loans were "away" More likely on holiday imo but it wasn't made specific in his interview. He appeared to be rambling a bit hopefully just not wanting to give too much away. Have to say he didn't really inspire confidence in the interview. Not exactly a ST selling rallying cry.

I'm sure he said "the world cup"

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yip was expecting a bit of tap dancing myself with some scantily dressed females in the background  :headbang

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Glad to see the Boss having his own ideas and ways of doing things and like you hope that Darren J can bring things to the party.

If rumours are to be believed, what Jackson brings to the party is a very large carry out, an unhealthy interest in his friends wife and feelings of guilt and shame the next morning. 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

One of the reasons Stubbs got the job is because he knows the Scottish market = Gordon Scott = Gordon Scott we will bring in 6 to 7 players maybe more. Alan Stubbs = Will try and bring in up to 3 players from England who are ready to break into first team football . That leaves 3 to 4 players avaiable on the transfer market to come in. No need for panic things will happen. 

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

If rumours are to be believed, what Jackson brings to the party is a very large carry out, an unhealthy interest in his friends wife and feelings of guilt and shame the next morning. 

Sounds like that comment comes from experience tut tut Hendo.  We just need to relax maybe get into the world cup  to take our mind off why we have not signed a player yesterday.