Alan's first signings

21 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:
In today's PDE

Leaving aside the fact the we are talking about the evening times article, please let us have the directly attributable quotes from Stubbs in today’s PDE.

Edited by zico

3 hours ago, zico said:

His comment was directed at YOU!

I haven't made up anything.

The jorno, IOBS and yourself have all made up stuff and tried to pass it off as comments that Stubbs has made about the current players!

You are too busy being pedantic.  The Boss has said nothing that other managers coming in wouldnt say.  That is: I will give the players a chance to impress me.  I will improve and add depth to the squad.  I would like to further improve the facilities. And.... I would like to do these things as quickly as possible. Background : Players have a week's training and a training camp in which to impress.  The World Cup and holidays,  particularly in England (supposition) might slow things down.  Simple really (just like me). 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The Boss has said nothing that other managers coming in would say.  That is: I will give the players a chance to impress me. 

Show me where he has said this?

Nothing pedantic about it...  you've just made it up!

And he didn't say that some of the players weren't pulling their weight either as IBOS suggested!

1 minute ago, zico said:

Show me where he has said this?

Nothing pedantic about it...  you've just made it up!

And he didn't say that some of the players weren't pulling their weight either as IBOS suggested!

You have yourself wound up over nothing here.  I have never criticized a player in my life on or off forum. 

You have yourself wound up over nothing here.  I have never criticized a player in my life on or off forum. 

And?

You’ve stated that Stubbs has said that the players have to impress him or they will be shipped out.

IBOS says that Stubbs has said that certain players aren’t pulling their weight.

I’ve simply asked you both to supply the quotes from Stubbs which say this.

Of course, you can’t, cos the 2 of you just made it up!

4 minutes ago, zico said:

And?

You’ve stated that Stubbs has said that the players have to impress him or they will be shipped out.

IBOS says that Stubbs has said that certain players aren’t pulling their weight.

I’ve simply asked you both to supply the quotes from Stubbs which say this.

Of course, you can’t, cos the 2 of you just made it up!

Nonsense.......Just read the article and what I have written.  It's self explanatory. 

But.... You will need to ask IOBS to speak for himself as he is more than capable of doing. 

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You are too busy being pedantic.  The Boss has said nothing that other managers coming in wouldnt say.  That is: I will give the players a chance to impress me.  I will improve and add depth to the squad.  I would like to further improve the facilities. And.... I would like to do these things as quickly as possible. Background : Players have a week's training and a training camp in which to impress.  The World Cup and holidays,  particularly in England (supposition) might slow things down.  Simple really (just like me). 

There's only a small piece I believe to be true.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nonsense.......Just read the article and what I have written.  It's self explanatory. 

If its self explanatory then please quote me the line where Stubbs says that players have to impress him or be shipped out.

1 minute ago, zico said:

If its self explanatory then please quote me the line where Stubbs says that players have to impress him or be shipped out.

I take it that you understand the difference between implicit and explicit.  That's my final reply to you on this. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I take it that you understand the difference between implicit and explicit.  That's my final reply to you on this. 

Yeh, in your case it means that you've just made it up! That's my final reply to you on this.

7 minutes ago, zico said:

I thought you weren’t going to reply again?

And I haven’t agreed anything with you!

I did but there is no placating you. It seems to be a case of "my way or no way" + Knew you can't resist having the final word... Or can you? Over and out. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I did but there is no placating you. It seems to be a case of "my way or no way" + Knew you can't resist having the final word... Or can you? Over and out. 

I can say all the above about you too!

The fact is that Stubbs didn't say that the players needed to impress him or they'd be shipped out. You can neither show me a quote where he did nor a quote that infers he meant this.

You just made it up and every post since then has been whataboutery!

Over and out!

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Think Ricky is getting confused in his advancing years. :lol:

No confusion.  Every manager who is new to a club will  have a look at his current squad and then make decisions on their future.  That's exactly what has been said.  Whether all stay or some go will be his decision,  whatever his predecessor thought.  Similarly it makes sense to listen to the previous incumbent,  look at the list of targets and compile your own list.... He is The Boss after all and he will, rightly,  be judged on the outcomes on the pitch.  No room for sentiment - that's for us,  the fans.