Alan's first signings

Not much mention of who we want Stubbsy to sign, what do we need, probs 2 for each position so need a good few in, a lot of players left at the end of the season and a couple in.  Do we need to wait and exploit the loan market, Stubbs wants players in but how much does he have to spend. 

35 minutes ago, Anybuddie said:

Not much mention of who we want Stubbsy to sign, what do we need, probs 2 for each position so need a good few in, a lot of players left at the end of the season and a couple in.  Do we need to wait and exploit the loan market, Stubbs wants players in but how much does he have to spend. 

I think we benefitted last season from doing much of our business early and having the bulk of the squad in place for most of pre-season training. Not too sure what to make of Stubbs talking about needing to wait until the World Cup is over before we can talk to some of his targets and English U23 players. It's less than 4 weeks until our first competitive League Cup game and 6 weeks until the league starts. Would like to see us add a few good signings in the next 2 weeks. It's important to keep the momentum going and not be playing catch up after the league season has started.

40 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think we benefitted last season from doing much of our business early and having the bulk of the squad in place for most of pre-season training. Not too sure what to make of Stubbs talking about needing to wait until the World Cup is over before we can talk to some of his targets and English U23 players. It's less than 4 weeks until our first competitive League Cup game and 6 weeks until the league starts. Would like to see us add a few good signings in the next 2 weeks. It's important to keep the momentum going and not be playing catch up after the league season has started.

From that interview he said he is speaking to players he expects to sign next week only the English U23's would take longer. It will also come down to the budget we have . Would not be surprised to see Stocks coming in which will put the forum into meltdown . 

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

From that interview he said he is speaking to players he expects to sign next week only the English U23's would take longer. It will also come down to the budget we have . Would not be surprised to see Stocks coming in which will put the forum into meltdown . 

Stocking up the flames of controversy again?

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Could the "wait till the World Cup is over " be code for - let's wait until John McGinn is sold ? 

27 minutes ago, Hambud said:
5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Elvis.....Stokes.
As to the signings.  Being able to have quality cover in each position before the league starts would be good.

Ooft has Stokes not got history with Elvis?

200,000 pounds worth 

Bit concerning at the lack of signings. Jack always liked to get his business done early which I think paid off for us massively.

I'm not a fan of this waiting to the last minute to get players in and I'm not really buying the excuse he gave.

Hope we see a bit of movement soon. 

Edited by LargsBud

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

Bit concerning at the lack of signings. Jack always liked to get his business done early which I think paid off for us massively.

I'm not a fan of this waiting to the last minute to get players in and I'm not really buying the excuse he gave.

Hope we see a bit of movement soon. 

Aye , very good. The guy has hardly been in the door five minutes yet you are not willing to give him the benefit of th doubt ?  

Surely  he should be allowed time to get the players he wants in and some games under his belt before judging him and his signings.

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Aye , very good. The guy has hardly been in the door five minutes yet you are not willing to give him the benefit of th doubt ?  

Surely  he should be allowed time to get the players he wants in and some games under his belt before judging him and his signings.

The excuse being "the world cup is on". What's that got to do with anything?

Are we not allowed to pass opinion on anything he says until he's been in the job 6 months?

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Nope , with the guys he's bringing into our club already,  he's coming across as Tommy Craigish  i.e.  Doesn't really give a f**k and clueless into the bargain.

24 minutes ago, billyg said:

Nope , with the guys he's bringing into our club already,  he's coming across as Tommy Craigish  i.e.  Doesn't really give a f**k and clueless into the bargain.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Bud. 

I hope it doesnt turn out to be a Craig ,Rae or Murray debacle and live in hope of the continuation of the good work that has been done so far. Either way , i still believe the management tean need to take their time and get the right people in rather than signing up the fist CV that falls on the doormat. 

Time will tell , i just dont think its right to judge the guy on 7 days work.

ETA : Which Guys ?    Have i missed something ? 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

20 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'd like to think he would have to have gone over his signing plans with the Board at his interview and that the complacency towards signings in front of the media is mere PR? 

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion Bud. 

I hope it doesnt turn out to be a Craig ,Rae or Murray debacle and live in hope of the continuation of the good work that has been done so far. Either way , i still believe the management tean need to take their time and get the right people in rather than signing up the fist CV that falls on the doormat. 

Time will tell , i just dont think its right to judge the guy on 7 days work.

ETA : Which Guys ?    Have i missed something ? 

I'm happy with Darren Jackson and Brian Rice, if he chooses to join us, as part of the management team.

Both very experienced individuals who seem to command respect from the players that they've worked with.

I can understand the clamour for signings however i would like to make sure we get quality not quantity. If we need to wait to get the right player in then so be it. We could sign a number of journeymen players and have the forum on meltdown or else we could wait and get players in who can take us forward. I prefer the latter