Alan's first signings

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

He just asked if you fancied Stubbs, not if you wanted your hole aff’ him.

Seriously, this forum. Whit’s it like.

No I'm getting into golf my Saturday boy who is still at school is the young champion of Bute he even plays for the adult team in their league games. They tell me he will go far. 

1 hour ago, Hambud said:
13 hours ago, zico said:

Those signings were a bit more than fine tuning. Along with Broadfoot, they were the outstanding players in the side!

You’re right though. They don’t happen very often!

Yet it was David Van Zanten that won player of the year that year.

A bit like Lewis Morgan not winning POTY this year! Fans wanting to be alternative!

Broadfoot, Adam & Sutton were the key players that season. Van Zanten could easily have been replaced and it would not  have made not difference!

Edited by zico

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can see the melt down coming. Aberdeen have offered him a deal that says it all for me. You can't take away his work rate there is still a season in these legs. 

I'm just a bit surprised, to be honest.

Aberdeen have offered him terms with Hibs and Motherwell interested.  For me he is a work horse who can score goals. Personally I thought he was right to stand up and be counted when his team were not performing it shows passion. He has not undermined manager's before in his loooog career. 

On 6/19/2018 at 8:40 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No I'm getting into golf my Saturday boy who is still at school is the young champion of Bute he even plays for the adult team in their league games. They tell me he will go far. 

Living in Bute he's bound to go far every time he leaves the island and heads off to university / the big bad world that is outside Rothesay! :youngman

6 minutes ago, magnus said:

Same here. I would prefer we take a chance with younger players. 

Aye, 38 is stretching it bit.

That said, and as others have mentioned, if he joins up, then he'll get my support the same as every player who wears the stripes.

Perhaps he could have a player/coaching role as Langfield had in his first season. I've no idea whether he is cut out for coaching, but he certainly knows how to look after himself, and that is a good attribute to share with younger players.

The main issue for me is how much in terms of wages he would be looking for. We don't have a big pot, so will have to spend it very wisely.

Edited by Drew

40 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can see the melt down coming. Aberdeen have offered him a deal that says it all for me. You can't take away his work rate there is still a season in these legs. 

Too short termist Ian , we want to be building a team for a higher level , not building someone's pension  fund , we've been stung too many times with signing ageing players. For every Andy Millen , there's an Ian Ure a Jim Storrie and a Mark Reid !

35 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aberdeen have offered him terms with Hibs and Motherwell interested.  For me he is a work horse who can score goals. Personally I thought he was right to stand up and be counted when his team were not performing it shows passion. He has not undermined manager's before in his loooog career. 

Also Livi interested for player/manager position. 

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, 38 is stretching it bit.

That said, and as others have mentioned, if he joins up, then he'll get my support the same as every player who wears the stripes.

Perhaps he could have a player/coaching role as Langfield had in his first season. I've no idea whether he is cut out for coaching, but he certainly knows how to look after himself, and that is a good attribute to share with younger players.

The main issue for me is how much in terms of wages he would be looking for. We don't have a big pot, so will have to spend it very wisely.

I agree. My concern would be that Jamie and Masimo prove that age catches up fast and their contribution on the park turned out to be limited. If cheap fine worth a punt. If it's a full wage then I would prefer we look elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good article in the Sun today if someone cares to post the link. Stubbs saying he wants 2 first team players for each position he wants the players pushed it's the only way to take the club forward.  

Don't buy the rag, don't read the rag, don't post the rag - simple.

Good article in the Sun today if someone cares to post the link. Stubbs saying he wants 2 first team players for each position he wants the players pushed it's the only way to take the club forward.  

Are you sure he actually said this or did the journo just make it up again?