Alan's first signings

Best of luck with the forthcoming season(s).  Darlo are a smashing club in a town very similar to Paisley in size and they even play in black and white.

Haven't been to a Darlo game for a while now, I visited Phetams (did I spell that right?) many a time, wandering down through market square via the cricket bit.  Last time I was in that ground Marco Gabbadini (did I spell that right?) played a blinder.  Only visited the arena once and that was when Darlo played the mighty Mirren pre-season, what a stadium that was.  Couple of years ago I went to an away match (Bishop Auckland was it?), sitting in a pub in market square (hole in the wall, it was a proper boozer once but now a fancy dan buftie place) I wandered over to the Dolphin centre and found myself on a bus to the game.

Anyway Darlo are a great club and I truly wish you all the very best, hope to see you back in the league soon. 

PS:  The Tapas bar is very good and the pub next door is rather reasonable....£2.80 a pint!  Only issue being that the English beer is piss water but cheap piss water so not all bad
Think your looking for Tripadvisor?

4 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Good to see these younger players coming to saints, i believe we already have enough experienced players in McKenzie, McGinn x 2, McShane and Eckersley. And these new players seem just what we need to build a squad and have decent competition for places. Hope they all turn out good.

Incidentally i saw Duncan Ferguson in Ikea today.

Looking for a new pigeon house. 

6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry Pod .....not having a good day today / this week / this year / century / ever.  I need to stop just picking out the bits I want to comment on and post them and THEN notice i have attributed them to the wrong person, sincere apologies :wub:

Log off and come back................around next May. :lol:

8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry Pod .....not having a good day today / this week / this year / century / ever.  I need to stop just picking out the bits I want to comment on and post them and THEN notice i have attributed them to the wrong person, sincere apologies :wub:

Not to worry, they're other who have made bigger gaff's and not big enough to apologise. :wink:

4 hours ago, pod said:

FFS,  what utter rubbish to come up with.  :wacko:   To  even suggest St.Mirren  would go that low.   I don't draw the lines, I don't sign the players.

It's their ability as footballers  being questioned by others I'm talking about.      At least our players are showing faith in our manager, when some of our support don't.

Nice one  Kyle. 

WTF?? Has everyone been smoking weed today? :lol:

My name is not Kyle BTW.

Not hiding my satisfaction that we wont be signing Kenny Miller. Yes he's sored a lot of goals in this league, but last season he got 3..! And two of them were in one game. He's just too old and injury prone as a result. I bet he wont start many times for Livi, and is sure to pick up a muscle injury early doors.

now we just need some equally good news about avoiding the inevitable car crash siging Stokes would bring. Again we just dont need what would likely be our highest earner embarrassing the club, the support and the community. Let someone else have the job of clearing up in his wake.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not hiding my satisfaction that we wont be signing Kenny Miller. Yes he's sored a lot of goals in this league, but last season he got 3..! And two of them were in one game. He's just too old and injury prone as a result. I bet he wont start many times for Livi, and is sure to pick up a muscle injury early doors.

now we just need some equally good news about avoiding the inevitable car crash siging Stokes would bring. Again we just dont need what would likely be our highest earner embarrassing the club, the support and the community. Let someone else have the job of clearing up in his wake.

Yeah, I read KM is going to learn the job as he goes along

That must have been a great interview :D

And another fecking 3G pitch!!!!

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I don't disagree with anything you stated. However, it will be up to AS who he feels will improve our team and fans will simply have to accept that it is his decisions (live and die by them) to making us strong enough to compete at this level.  I think he will surprise us in a similar way that JR did with some of his successful signing - many we had never heard of.  

On a separate note, how can Livvie afford Miller?

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I don't disagree with anything you stated. However, it will be up to AS who he feels will improve our team and fans will simply have to accept that it is his decisions (live and die by them) to making us strong enough to compete at this level.  I think he will surprise us in a similar way that JR did with some of his successful signing - many we had never heard of.  

On a separate note, how can Livvie afford Miller?

Exactly! Think he'll be lucky to see a season out with them.

By all accounts Stokes was booked to go with the squad to La Manga and didn't show up at the airport.

If that is true, and there were no mitigating circumstances, I'd reckon that alone will be the end of any chance he had of getting a contract offer.

28 minutes ago, div said:

By all accounts Stokes was booked to go with the squad to La Manga and didn't show up at the airport.

If that is true, and there were no mitigating circumstances, I'd reckon that alone will be the end of any chance he had of getting a contract offer.

I thought i saw him in one of these pics honouring a previous commitment?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44667266

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...