Alan's first signings

He is going to assess his present playing staff. 

He doesn’t say that in the interview at all. You just made it up!

And he doesn’t say that some of the players aren’t pulling their weight. IOBS just made that up!

1 minute ago, zico said:

He doesn’t say that in the interview at all. You just made it up!

And he doesn’t say that some of the players aren’t pulling their weight. IOBS just made that up!

Amazing.  You clearly haven't read anything I have said.  This is a non story with a misleading headline to gather readers in and you have fallen for it.  Over and out. 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Both you and IOBS could have done the decent thing and admitted you had misrepresented what Stubbs had said.

Even Drew had the decency to admit jumping the gun.

You have made a total arse of yourself over this.

Zico has handed your arse to you here. Zico FFS. :lol:

If you don't come up to the mark you will be shipped out to the sin bin :P It could not be more clear Oak.

Amazing.  You clearly haven't read anything I have said.  This is a non story with a misleading headline to gather readers in and you have fallen for it.  Over and out. 

Fallen for what?

Stubbs didn’t say that he will assess the squad, you just made it up!

No amount of whatsboutery changes that!

Just now, zico said:

Fallen for what?

Stubbs didn’t say that he will assess the squad, you just made it up!

No amount of whatsboutery changes that!

I give up on you.  You seem to be living in an alternative reality. Every new manager assesses the squad.... they might say it in different ways.  hence why I asked you if you understood the difference between explicit and implicit.  This is a non story of the type that does the rounds when managers change and are sensationalized by a sub editors headline to draw attention when there is nothing else to write about.  Wise upZico. You seem like a decent guy. 

Every new manager assesses the squad.... they might say it in different ways. 

Yeh, every manager assessed the squad.

But Stubbs didn’t say it in that interview in ANY way! You just made it up!

The rest of your post is irrelevant to that point!

1 minute ago, zico said:

Hey.... believe what you want despite all the evidence to the contrary.  Over and out.  No more from me on this topic whatever.  

Hey.... believe what you want despite all the evidence to the contrary.  Over and out.  No more from me on this topic whatever.  

There is nothing to believe! He either said it or he didn’t!

The evidence is that you made it up!

To be fair though, at least you didn’t accuse him of saying that some players aren’t pulling their weight!

10 hours ago, zico said:
10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Read the article Zico. Then read  between the lines. 

In other words you've just made it up! :lol:

Please quote anything that Stubbs is actually quoted as saying that backs up this:

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

He has however made it clear that the present players have to show HIM that they are up to the job and want to play for him or  be shipped out sooner, rather than later. Clear and fair all around.

Do you actually understand what 'reading between the lines mean'  although it looks like nothing is there  (just like in your brain) there is information to be gleamed (see dictionary) from what's written.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Good interview with the club captain on Buddievision.

He seems to be very positive about the new managerial appointment, so that is encouraging. Stephen talks about players ge knows (including his brother John) who have nothing but good things to say about Stubbs as a coach and a person more generally.

Nice to see some positivity regarding  an interview and a point well made which got obscured in all the guff about 'Journo's' :thumbsup

Do you actually understand what 'reading between the lines mean'  although it looks like nothing is there  (just like in your brain) there is information to be gleamed (see dictionary) from what's written.

Information to be “gleamed” (see dictionary)

Shine brightly, especially with reflected light??

[emoji23]

:1eye

4 hours ago, magnus said:

Alan Stubbs comes across as a thoroughly decent and compassionate guy. 10/10. I like him.

The more I listen to him the better he seems, doesn't have a ready answer, thinks about what he has been asked, non committal re things and people he hasn't spoken to yet, extremely .sensible actions.  Gie the man a chance B)

5 hours ago, zico said:

See that smell zico? No, not the one coming from your house......the other one.

That's the smell of the decomposing corpse of the horse you are continuing to flog long past its expiry date.

Drop it. You are boring everyone now,

3 hours ago, zico said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Information to be “gleamed” (see dictionary)

OK, language my dear friend is a matter of interpretation of words used in relation to an event or topic occurring within particular circumstances and as in all aspects of Life tainted by each individuals discourse.  So; when someone you have never meet greets you and says 'Pleased to meet you?'  are they really? or perhaps they are just being polite, I mean this is something where you read between the lines, you do not assume the person is being disrespectful or lying, what they are doing is just verbalising a common courtesy in a standard greeting.  In the point I was trying to make re AS and 'reading between the lines' information can be gleaned from what is said, from what is left unsaid, from demeanor, from facial expressions, tics and all manner of other sources, but the 'gleaning' is incorporating everything one knows about the subject and based on past history reaching a conclusion.  It may be correct or partially correct or it may be way of the mark and utterly wrong, BUT everybody does it, everyday.:D

OK, language my dear friend is a matter of interpretation of words used in relation to an event or topic occurring within particular circumstances and as in all aspects of Life tainted by each individuals discourse.  So; when someone you have never meet greets you and says 'Pleased to meet you?'  are they really? or perhaps they are just being polite, I mean this is something where you read between the lines, you do not assume the person is being disrespectful or lying, what they are doing is just verbalising a common courtesy in a standard greeting.  In the point I was trying to make re AS and 'reading between the lines' information can be gleaned from what is said, from what is left unsaid, from demeanor, from facial expressions, tics and all manner of other sources, but the 'gleaning' is incorporating everything one knows about the subject and based on past history reaching a conclusion.  It may be correct or partially correct or it may be way of the mark and utterly wrong, BUT everybody does it, everyday.[emoji3]

Where did you “gleam” that from?

:1eye