Alan's first signings

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Suppose depends what age you are I see him as a young man :D. Darlington forums sum him up for me these are the guys watching play week in week out. Not one average post on him they loved him and most say should be playing at a higher level. £75k is an investment I would say.  Edit how often do you hear fans going on about a central back with enthusiasm? Not often. 

No dissenting voices on their forum?

Can we transfer oor Sin Bin?

A free transfer as well.

Anything confirmed on our side yet?

Strange one but great if it comes off. Cody is rated very highly at Truro City and won Player of the Season. I haven't had the chance to see many of their games as I tend to watch the local side here. It's a big step up from the Vanarama North so the question is can he handle the step up? I would love to see someone join from Cornwall's best and do a good job for Saints.

Good to see AS busy making forward moves for the season ahead, especially as part of what appears to be a clear plan. He has proven before he can spot a player and appears to be going down the Motherwell recruitment route; sure makes a change from days gone by of signing other SPFL castoffs, has-beens & never-beens.
In Stubbs we trust.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Didn't seem to affect the players last year when we signed almost a new team.

For those players who were displaced their morale couldn't have been buoyant.  I'm just empathising with those players who will be replaced as better players come in; those players who got us to the premiership. 

3 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

For those players who were displaced their morale couldn't have been buoyant.  I'm just empathising with those players who will be replaced as better players come in; those players who got us to the premiership. 

Fair enough.

I'd prefer that they see it as motivating factor to up their game.

18 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

The reality of more competition for places puts pressure on players.  So why wouldn't it?

I am sure the existing players wouldn't had expected the club to go into next season with 8 players short.

12 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Zico will be ripping the heid off it the now

6ft 6 and 6ft 1 a change of style i think is on the cards

To be fair, if you look at Cooke's goals, despite his stature, I don't think any of them are headed goals.

He looks as if he can hold off a tackle though and he seems a cool finisher.

"Bustling" is the word I'd use to describe him.:)

Edited by FTOF

22 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

The reality of more competition for places puts pressure on players.  So why wouldn't it?

Pressure is a good thing. We couldn't even fill the bench before signing these two, not sure why you have to put a negative spin on everything. 

31 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

It raises the bar and great there is more to come in. Stubbs himself said competition is the way we are going to go in fact his words were no player can expect they are an automatic pick for a Saturday. His words again , players will need to push themselves. Stubbs is 100% correct I see a winning mentality fantastic. 

4 hours ago, Drew said:

He participated in a week long Vardy V9 Academy session, that was attended and facilitated by, among others, Alan Stubbs.

As such, he is presumably highly rated by our manager.

That kind of works for me.

That really, really doesn’t work for me.

However, a few good performances where he proves how good he is, will be and I sincerely hope that happens. 

Also to say he is rated by a manager who has just signed him is a tiny wee bit obvious. Almost as obvious as the fact that in my post I meant in a more general sense worthy of such statements in various articles.

Like I say. Hope the boy is class as we really need a replacement for Harry.