Jack's Return!

Drew

On 6/11/2018 at 9:47 PM, pozbaird said:

Indeed, it’s a good fixture. A chance for Sir Smiley Stubbsy to try out some formations against lower league opposition, and for Sunderland, another skelping administered by superior opposition who play in black and white stripes.

You obviously don't know jack all about Sunderland v Newcastle, just mention 5 in a row, it would have been 6 but the scum scraped a draw late on.

I was at them all.

I'll be in Harvies, Tile Bar and the Bull before the game savouring the atmosphere, then back in to celebrate afterwards before I walk home, as it's always great to beat anyone who wears black n white

3 minutes ago, Macmackem said:

You obviously don't know jack all about Sunderland v Newcastle, just mention 5 in a row, it would have been 6 but the scum scraped a draw late on.

I was at them all.

I'll be in Harvies, Tile Bar and the Bull before the game savouring the atmosphere, then back in to celebrate afterwards before I walk home, as it's always great to beat anyone who wears black n white

Newcastle United - English Premier League.

Sunderland - League One following successive relegations.

Individual match results you say? Five in a row you say? Well played, well played indeed....

4 minutes ago, Macmackem said:

I was at them all.

He doesn't much abut much to be honest. :wink:

28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Newcastle United - English Premier League.

Sunderland - League One following successive relegations.

Individual match results you say? Five in a row you say? Well played, well played indeed....

Believe me, beating the scum 5 times in a row, takes all the pain away from being relegated twice, still, we will take another 6 points off them come the season after next.

7 hours ago, Macmackem said:

I was at them all.

YOU obviously  don't  know  Jack all about Sunderland v Newcastle because as a toon fan with a strong saints affinity,  i can tell you it was actually  6 in a  row. Would have been 7 but for a late equaliser. Not afraid to point that out because I can think of good times with nufc in my lifetime that involve more than success against our derby rivals. Relegated in successive seasons but that doesn't  matter because of your 6 in a row? Seriously? 

Edited by john scott

7 hours ago, john scott said:

YOU obviously  don't  know  Jack all about Sunderland v Newcastle because as a toon fan with a strong saints affinity,  i can tell you it was actually  6 in a  row. Would have been 7 but for a late equaliser. Not afraid to point that out because I can think of good times with nufc in my lifetime that involve more than success against our derby rivals. Relegated in successive seasons but that doesn't  matter because of your 6 in a row? Seriously? 

Didn't say it didn't matter getting relegated twice, I said it nulled the pain, was it 6 in a row, must have lost count, you tend to do that when you get bored of doing things time and time again..

The good times with the unwashed, so you're old enough to remember the 60's when the scum won something.

11 minutes ago, Macmackem said:

Didn't say it didn't matter getting relegated twice, I said it nulled the pain, was it 6 in a row, must have lost count, you tend to do that when you get bored of doing things time and time again..

The good times with the unwashed, so you're old enough to remember the 60's when the scum won something.

You didn’t say it nulled the pain, you said it took it all away... 

If St Mirren being in the top flight and Morton being two divisions below wallowing in shite means that Morton beat us five, six, ten times in a row once upon a time, then brilliant, go on Morton, well played you cheeky Greenock scamps....

Now back in yer’ cage. :double

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

You didn’t say it nulled the pain, you said it took it all away... 

If St Mirren being in the top flight and Morton being two divisions below wallowing in shite means that Morton beat us five, six, ten times in a row once upon a time, then brilliant, go on Morton, well played you cheeky Greenock scamps....

Now back in yer’ cage. :double

Oooooo must STILL be hurting 

Check nulled in the dictionary, obviously didn't go to Paisley Grammar

Edited by Macmackem
Additional

Will the Alan Stubbs. Black and White clad team nullify the threat posed by the Makems when we meet?  Truth is... I don't know.  Will be interesting to see what a mid table Division 1 team being to the party. Both Saints and Sunderland have proud histories.  By any standard Sunderland,  like NUFC have huge and loyal supports.  My team,  Saints is on the up and seeking to reassert itself as one of the top clubs in Scotland.  Interesting sub plot of Scotland v England so soon after the World Cup! 

44 minutes ago, Macmackem said:

Oooooo must STILL be hurting 

Check nulled in the dictionary, obviously didn't go to Paisley Grammar

Good point, well made. I stand corrected, my auld brain is failing... now back in yer’ dookit. :P

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Will the Alan Stubbs. Black and White clad team nullify the threat posed by the Makems when we meet?  Truth is... I don't know.  Will be interesting to see what a mid table Division 1 team being to the party. Both Saints and Sunderland have proud histories.  By any standard Sunderland,  like NUFC have huge and loyal supports.  My team,  Saints is on the up and seeking to reassert itself as one of the top clubs in Scotland.  Interesting sub plot of Scotland v England so soon after the World Cup! 

Not really Ricky as one may be World Champions whilst the other is bricking itself going against Albania and Israel

22 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If last night is anything to go by, we won't bring much.

'Mid table' we will have to see. If Mr Ross can replicate what he done for the Buddies, that will do me.

I've lived in Paisley for over 35 years, more than I ever lived in Sunderland, I have a fondness of St Mirren, my pal and his boy both played for them, never been to either of St Mirrens parks, this will be the first.

3 hours ago, Macmackem said:

I've been on fantastic trips around Europe taking in some of the 120+ European ties my club has played in my days. I've watched some greats wear my clubs' shirt. Malcolm Macdonald, Keegan, Beardsley, Gascoigne, Shearer and more but hey, you've seen a handful of derby wins- a six fingered mackem hand- so i suppose you're the lucky one :). As for winning things i see Jack Ross is bringing cups to the stadium of light already.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2018/july/exclusive-season-card-holder-event-marks-launch-of-new-kit?gamp=true&__twitter_impression=true

F**king fairground teacups :lol.  Fans of some clubs sometimes say following their team is like being on a rollercoaster.  Sunderland fans have been on the ghost train for years. In a very dark place.  I've said before, a St Mirren forum isn't the place for a Newcastle/Sunderland debate. I must remember that. Won't be drawn into anymore discussion about lowly Sunderland, for now at least.

Edited by john scott

50 minutes ago, john scott said:

I've been on fantastic trips around Europe taking in some of the 120+ European ties my club has played in my days. I've watched some greats wear my clubs' shirt. Malcolm Macdonald, Keegan, Beardsley, Gascoigne, Shearer and more but hey, you've seen a handful of derby wins- a six fingered mackem hand- so i suppose you're the lucky one :). As for winning things i see Jack Ross is bringing cups to the stadium of light already.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2018/july/exclusive-season-card-holder-event-marks-launch-of-new-kit?gamp=true&__twitter_impression=true

F**king fairground teacups :lol.  Fans of some clubs sometimes say following their team is like being on a rollercoaster.  Sunderland fans have been on the ghost train for years. In a very dark place.  I've said before, a St Mirren forum isn't the place for a Newcastle/Sunderland debate. I must remember that. Won't be drawn into anymore discussion about lowly Sunderland, for now at least.

ve been on fantastic trips around Europe taking in some of the 120+ European ties my club has played in my days. I've watched some greats wear my clubs' shirt. Malcolm Macdonald, Keegan, Beardsley,Gascoigne, Shearer 

And what did win ,Fukc all

Nobody remembers a loser L

28 minutes ago, john scott said:

You forgot Paul Dummet :P

2 hours ago, Macmackem said:

If last night is anything to go by, we won't bring much.

'Mid table' we will have to see. If Mr Ross can replicate what he done for the Buddies, that will do me.

I've lived in Paisley for over 35 years, more than I ever lived in Sunderland, I have a fondness of St Mirren, my pal and his boy both played for them, never been to either of St Mirrens parks, this will be the first.

Well...one way or another Makem,  enjoy your visit and who knows you may be back regularly!