Jack's Return!

Drew

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Did Sunderland not do a pre-season tour of Scotland this time last year and got ridden dry by every team they played? 

No. They drew with Hibs at Easter Road, beat Livingston, and lost to St Johnstone. They then went back to England and played several more friendlies before returning to take on Celtic

6 hours ago, StuD said:

No. They drew with Hibs at Easter Road, beat Livingston, and lost to St Johnstone. They then went back to England and played several more friendlies before returning to take on Celtic

Did they not play Sellic at the City Centre SOL?

19 hours ago, StuD said:

If you are talking about being there in person the last one was on the 27th of April at Craven Cottage when I was in London for a training course and stayed an extra night, before that was the 20th of January when I was down at the Stadium of Light to see them beat Hull 1-0.  I haven't seen the Under 18's play, but the Under 23's matches are quite easy to find on the internet. The Under 23's made it to the final of the Premier League Cup last year losing to Porto. 

Was the training course entitled 'how to make up things on a football internet forum'? 

7 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Yeah I wouldn't bother reading that site eastlandsaint. It's full of shite - or at least it really has been this summer. This article is typical of the pish he comes away with. No room for negativity apparently, and then he slates Tony Coton. Then he says "but Ross rates him highly" - yet it wasn't Ross that recruited him at all - it was Donald. 

It's a bit like reading some of the posts on the St Mirren Facebook page, best left alone. 

8 hours ago, StuD said:

Yeah I wouldn't bother reading that site eastlandsaint. It's full of shite - or at least it really has been this summer. This article is typical of the pish he comes away with. No room for negativity apparently, and then he slates Tony Coton. Then he says "but Ross rates him highly" - yet it wasn't Ross that recruited him at all - it was Donald. 

It's a bit like reading some of the posts on the St Mirren Facebook page, best left alone. 

He didn't "slate" Coton at all.

He also didn't claim Ross signed him.

You need to learn to interpret the written word my friend.

8 hours ago, StuD said:

If what you say is true it could equally be applied to many of your posts, particularly when you promised that your return to the forum would be limited to the 3 Monthly Spend thread. anyone who believed that was deluded.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

He didn't "slate" Coton at all.

He also didn't claim Ross signed him.

You need to learn to interpret the written word my friend.

He says it was an odd choice and he claims Ross rates him. I paraphrased but I'm right about the sites content. 

Roker Report were put in their place two days ago. They'd be linking Ross with all manner of shite players from the Scottish Leagues on the basis that Jack Ross might know them. With Naismith going to Peterborough, and Kamberi signing for Hibs the Chairman responded to tweets about how disappointing it was to miss out  on targets to their rivals. Donald responded as directly as he could

"We can’t be beaten to a signing of a player we don’t want to sign. We have plenty of targets and we haven’t lost any yet."

4 hours ago, StuD said:

He says it was an odd choice and he claims Ross rates him. I paraphrased but I'm right about the sites content. 

Roker Report were put in their place two days ago. They'd be linking Ross with all manner of shite players from the Scottish Leagues on the basis that Jack Ross might know them. With Naismith going to Peterborough, and Kamberi signing for Hibs the Chairman responded to tweets about how disappointing it was to miss out  on targets to their rivals. Donald responded as directly as he could

"We can’t be beaten to a signing of a player we don’t want to sign. We have plenty of targets and we haven’t lost any yet."

I wasn't asking for a discussion on this. I was merely correcting you.

He did not "slate" Coton and he did not claim Jack Ross had signed him.

End of discussion.

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Seems like Ross has not learned anything from the way he treated us when talking to Sunderland behind saints back.