Stadium developments

Instead of talking about filling in corners, safe standing areas, offices.... why not get something that works to replace this damn thing? It’s Scotland, it snows, it rains, it gets windy, it gets icy... no shit. Not fit for purpose. It’s the middle of June FFS, not January, and the bouncy castle is shut with no idea of when it will be open again?

https://www.stmirren.com/news/community/community-news/1928-dome-update-3

Edited by pozbaird

The corners could be filled in to accommodate catering, offices, reserved boxes or just a blank wall to keep the wind out and enclose the stadium for a better atmosphere. It does not have to be filled with seats.

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The corners could be filled in to accommodate catering, offices, reserved boxes or just a blank wall to keep the wind out and enclose the stadium for a better atmosphere. It does not have to be filled with seats.

My point though is that instead of talking about doing any of that, talk should instead be of getting something built that can be used 365 days a year, in a Northern European country where inclement weather is guaranteed, the bouncy castle is a pig in a poke.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:52 PM, car-d bud said:

first section to get looked at is space between main stand and family stand.  i think we could increase hospitality numbers on matchday and use space during week  for coffee shop[think this has been suggested before numerous times by LPM], as well as increasing fans there too[not standing]believe architects looking at it.   Money may come from chunk of what we get if McGinn or Magennis move on from hibs or us

LPM>>>>>Coffee................   Coffee>>>>>>>Americans.....................     Americans>>>>>>>>>>>>Yuch!..................         Therefore LPM = Yuch  :lol:

On 6/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

How can thousands stand “safely “ at gigs through the land and have a drink ,yet a couple of hundred footie fans need a special area with special handrails and extra stewards ? 

Fairly obviously Adult football fans, particularly of the Male persuasion are not to be trusted when they congregate with other like/weak minded males, unles they are on leishes and have a sensible Female in charge. :P 

42 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Instead of talking about filling in corners, safe standing areas, offices.... why not get something that works to replace this damn thing? It’s Scotland, it snows, it rains, it gets windy, it gets icy... no shit. Not fit for purpose. It’s the middle of June FFS, not January, and the bouncy castle is shut with no idea of when it will be open again?

My understanding is the dome is absolutely fine unless it’s too wet, too cold or too hot, so as long as we have a dry, 15 degree climate for the rest of Scotland’s existence, our all weather Dome is just the ticket... 

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

My point though is that instead of talking about doing any of that, talk should instead be of getting something built that can be used 365 days a year, in a Northern European country where inclement weather is guaranteed, the bouncy castle is a pig in a poke.

Difficult to argue with you. They manage it in Iceland. Corner's filled with SMISA sponsored community facilities which provide employment and volunteering below areas which are seated.

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Difficult to argue with you. They manage it in Iceland. Corner's filled with SMISA sponsored community facilities which provide employment and volunteering below areas which are seated.

I don’t know how you can argue against it. It’s June, the school holidays are nearly upon us, but the airdome is shut with the official website saying they don’t know when it will open. To my eyes at least, the airdome ‘experiment’ is very seriously flawed, if not failed. IMHO the club should not be talking about expensive stadium redevelopment while there’s an unfit for purpose burst baw’ lying out the back of the North Stand looking like a StuD forum argument that has had the air sooked out of it.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t know how you can argue against it. It’s June, the school holidays are nearly upon us, but the airdome is shut with the official website saying they don’t know when it will open. To my eyes at least, the airdome ‘experiment’ is very seriously flawed, if not failed. IMHO the club should not be talking about expensive stadium redevelopment while there’s an unfit for purpose burst baw’ lying out the back of the North Stand looking like a StuD forum argument that has had the air sooked out of it.

I just agreed with you.

38 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I just agreed with you.

I never suggested you didn’t. The fifth word of my post should maybe have been ‘anyone’, the ‘you’ was a generalisation, not intended merely as you personally.

Edited by pozbaird

My understanding is and it was muted sometime ago is that eventually the Dome will be replaced with a permanent Building attached to the North Stand that will include a similar type pitch.The new structure is planned to display roof Airline Advertising similar to Brentford FC with the proposed Airline granted naming rights and providing Sponsorship.

9 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Some nice trees in the corners would be very pleasing and would improve the vibe in the ground a million percent. Don’t underestimate how positive and powerful trees  can be.

Wouldn’t be a very poplar idea.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I agree. This should be the priority over anything else. That's the one facility we lost when we moved to the new stadium as we had the Caledonia stand at Love street with everything inside.

I always thought the dome/tent was just there as a stop gap till we had cash to build something better and more permenant.

Edited by LargsBud

Do people seriously advocate spending thousands on enclosing the corner gaps just for aesthetics ? I would much prefer that money was spent doing the one and only thing that will improve atmosphere, that being putting a winning team on the park. I'd be furious if the club even contemplated spending my hard earned ST money on building needless brick walls. A replacement indoor facility where the dome is fair enough but we simply don't have the money to waste on aesthetic projects.

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Do people seriously advocate spending thousands on enclosing the corner gaps just for aesthetics ? I would much prefer that money was spent doing the one and only thing that will improve atmosphere, that being putting a winning team on the park. I'd be furious if the club even contemplated spending my hard earned ST money on building needless brick walls. A replacement indoor facility where the dome is fair enough but we simply don't have the money to waste on aesthetic projects.

It’s not just for aesthetics, the driving force behind filling the corners is to increase income by creating offices, more hospitality etc.

5 minutes ago, Cairters_Corner said:

It’s not just for aesthetics, the driving force behind filling the corners is to increase income by creating offices, more hospitality etc.

Town's full of empty office. 

Edited by pod