The Simple Digital Arena

The new sponsorship was inevitable to be fair.

Good that it’s linked to a Saints supporter.

It appears we are definitely improving off the field business wise and that can only be good for the club/fans/town etc in the long run.

The SDA it is officially but as others say, we’ll all refer to it in our own way.

Good news though regardless

4 minutes ago, Happy Go Lucky said:

Excuse me, are you blind......................can't you see Geekthebuddie's posts? 

That's not the point. The topic is the point. Remember it? Just my view of course.

I think DTB is attempting to suggest that there are acceptable and unacceptable ways to do things...in other words to be gentlemanly.   I could be wrong and certainly can't speak for him. 

Meanwhile I have just liked WDWB''s latest comment on this topic.

Edited by St.Ricky

I'd happily give you the hiding you deserve in a boxing ring,  but you'd probably be too busy financing your mum/sister in a nice wee bar In Greenock.  Face facts my friend, apart from being an inbred you seem to have the opinion that your opinions are the only ones that count.

Tut tut ..... you wanting a stint in the bin ? [emoji14]

The new sponsorship was inevitable to be fair.

Good that it’s linked to a Saints supporter.

It appears we are definitely improving off the field business wise and that can only be good for the club/fans/town etc in the long run.

The SDA it is officially but as others say, we’ll all refer to it in our own way.

Good news though regardless

Excuse me, are you blind......................can't you see Geekthebuddie's posts? 

Erm, fairly sure that’s trying to stay on topic

8 hours ago, Happy Go Lucky said:

Not a great name for me I'm afraid, suppose it really isn't that important but still, there's better named stadiums in the UK.

6 hours ago, pod said:

and they're worse.

3 hours ago, Happy Go Lucky said:

There are but that doesn't matter to St Mirren fans. 

3 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

What's that supposed to mean?

Think there may be some misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

It was 'and their worse' part, didn't get that 

Never claim to be good at spelling, never was.  But Tony Macaroni and no doubt other stadium names are worse than "The Simple Digital Arena" 

Looking forward to seeing our gladiators entering the arena.  [emoji3]

I widnae put money on me [emoji3]

5’ 6” & 10 stone , but he wants to knock f**k out of ‘happy go lucky’ & ‘faraway’ I think too.

He cannae spell ‘nomination’ but he’s much more intelligent than me, so the ‘smart’ money should be on him, clearly a hard man.

Perhaps ‘Simple digital’ can produce the fliers for it ?

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Hopefully the council paid up front when they sponsors the ground and if so, that would mean we been paid twice for the next few years emoji106.png

Would have been nice but the 2021 sponsorship finished at the end of last season.

Imo i am not fussed what they call the stadium if it brings in cash. Everyone will still call it St Mirren park. What I am impressed with is how the club has been progressing under Gordon Scott. He is doing an amazing job at maximising revenue streams and putting things in place to make us stronger. 

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Don't like this one bit, but as it is such a ridiculous name it now gives us the chance to cement "Love Street Stadium" as the universally used name.

Which part don’t you like ?  The Fact that a local business ,which I believe is run by a Saints fan is ploughing over £100000 into the club. Or is it the fact that we are naming the bround after sponsors in genera! 

We have a main shirt sponsor that sounds like a Bond Movie  , are you suggesting should we turn these people away ?  

On 6/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, helpmaboab said:

Yes turn them away. Do you guys saying take the money understand the concept of protecting 'intellectual property'?

Do you know what that is?

In an ideal world HMB, I would agree with you for both emotional and strategic reasons. Then again I liked the name Love Street rather than St Mirren Park

On 6/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Which part don’t you like ?  The Fact that a local business ,which I believe is run by a Saints fan is ploughing over £100000 into the club. Or is it the fact that we are naming the bround after sponsors in genera! 

We have a main shirt sponsor that sounds like a Bond Movie  , are you suggesting should we turn these people away ?  

I don't like selling the name of the stadium.  Not everything needs to be up for sale.

Would you accept 25,000 per year to change the name of the club?  It won't be long before a British club does that, already happens in other countries.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't like selling the name of the stadium.  Not everything needs to be up for sale.

Would you accept 25,000 per year to change the name of the club?  It won't be long before a British club does that, already happens in other countries.

Did the owner of Hull not try to change their name to Hull Tigers?  I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Did the owner of Hull not try to change their name to Hull Tigers?  I could be wrong. 

Yes, had accepted a sponsorship deal from Kellogs Frosties.

Edited by Kemp

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yes, had accepted a sponsorship deal from Kellogs Frosties.

Love it.  Wanted to change the colour of the strips too as a new owner at one of the Welsh clubs wanted to do. 

Tried to Re-Register the Club as Hull City Tigers. 

Edited by St.Ricky