Darren Jackson Head Coach

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

So you automatically need another coach up a division. I'd rather the money available was spent in players leaving Stubbs and his assistant to get on with coaching. No need at all.

How do you know there is no need?

JR said last season that he would be looking to add an additional coach this season because the work load was too much for him and James. 

Just because they aren't seen out on the park doesn't mean they aren't adding value. Another coach was clearly needed. 

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

There is hostility on here because some of the " fans" are grumpy old farts that just hate for no reason. Better suited to the Ugly sisters than Saints, but hey ho . Takes all sorts

To be fair there is plenty history between Darren Jackson the player and St.Mirren supporters who were around at that time.

I never ever liked him as a player, but that was a long time ago and I'm happy to welcome him to the club and hope he will be a big success.

2 minutes ago, div said:

To be fair there is plenty history between Darren Jackson the player and St.Mirren supporters who were around at that time.

I never ever liked him as a player, but that was a long time ago and I'm happy to welcome him to the club and hope he will be a big success.

I hear you Div, I remember but its hardly worthy in 2018. Also he is a coach and TBF did well previously........

I am sure Alans first request will not be met, "oh no you cant have him" - Proving at least our BOD are not as small minded as some on here

I don’t get the hostility towards Jackson. Yes I know he injured a buddie but if we ruled out every former player who had ever locked horns with Saints players we wouldn’t have much to choose from . IF and as it seems the Sun are the only ones running the  story it’s a big IF , he joins Saints I wish him every success.

I don't understand it either and I am old enough to remember him playing. Surely Stubbs will know him better than any of us on here, and if he want him, then that is good enough for me.

I don’t get the hostility towards Jackson. Yes I know he injured a buddie but if we ruled out every former player who had ever locked horns with Saints players we wouldn’t have much to choose from . IF and as it seems the Sun are the only ones running the  story it’s a big IF , he joins Saints I wish him every success.

Yup. If “Old” Donald and “Rocket man” Kim can kiss and make up......... just saying.

A player our support disliked. That doesn't bother me - more concerned about his reputation since then.

Would agree.

He was disliked due to a mistimed challenge 27 years ago.

One in a long line of pantomime villains that Saints fans hated.

Mind you, it was an awful challenge!

Note, Alan Main is another for the list

So you automatically need another coach up a division. I'd rather the money available was spent in players leaving Stubbs and his assistant to get on with coaching. No need at all.

Possibly. Probably up to the manager to decide though.

If he’d rather spend a wage on another coach rather than a player then it’s his judgement.

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1918-darren-jackson-appointed-as-first-team-coach
Welcome to the club Darren.
Hope that you are a huge success.

Darren Jackson [emoji20] Can't see it anywhere, is it a three year contract as well?
What a come down the last couple of weeks have been, that's for sure... 

Is/was he not an agent as well? If he was then he’ll have a good few contacts of out of contract players etc.
That was my initial thoughts. Ok it was my second thought with the first being I hate that c**t.

Anyway welcome DJ, you brought us Stevie Thompson though you took away John McGinn.

Let's have more bringing and less taking.

1 hour ago, zico said:

Would agree.

He was disliked due to a mistimed challenge 27 years ago.

One in a long line of pantomime villains that Saints fans hated.

Mind you, it was an awful challenge!

Note, Alan Main is another for the list

Alan Main possibly top of the list. Horrible Arab supporting arse.

1 hour ago, zico said:

If he’d rather spend a wage on another coach rather than a player then it’s his judgement.

Player / Assistant Manager anyone. 

For those berating Jackson for one bad tackle all those years ago - you obviously never saw Aber in full fury?  :sorry

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

What a come down the last couple of weeks have been, that's for sure... 

Promoted on a breath of fresh air , and now hoovering up the deadwood of Scottish Football that nobody else wants !