Darren Jackson Head Coach

20 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I remember it well.

As long as he is backroom staff and doesn't appear out the tunnel then I'll be happy.

StraightLegTackle.thumb.jpg.b762b3355e3ae93ac5c0e3bd5f5a56bf.jpg

It doesn't look at all clever does it? Jackson's leg is fully extended, knee locked, and he's clearly not pulling back from the challenge. It's hard to conclude anything other than this being a reckless, maybe even dangerous challenge. It would be a straight red card offence today. Back then, incredibly, it wasn't even deemed a foul and when the ball broke free Christian Dailly took full advantage to score. 

You've got to wonder about the conversation that took place recruiting Jackson though. Did Jackson not tell Stubbs that he wasn't the most popular man in Paisley? Did Tony Fitzpatrick or Gordon Scott not flag up a possible problem - after all both of them are supposed to be big St Mirren supporters aren't they? Or was Stubbs happy to knowingly recruit a divisive figure that could turn, at least a section of, the St Mirren support against him? Maybe all four just felt that at a "fan owned" club they could use this to tell their fellow owners to wind their neck in and to show who is in charge?

7 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

I may have missed this though all the changes so far.
But, can I ask, are Alan McManus and Jamie Langfield still on the coaching staff or did they go with Ross?

Don't believe they went with Ross.  Stubbs stated he was happy to retain Jamie as goalkeeper coach.

12 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

I may have missed this though all the changes so far.
But, can I ask, are Alan McManus and Jamie Langfield still on the coaching staff or did they go with Ross?

McManus primary job was with the youth so he will carry on doing that. Whether Stubbs wants him helping with first team, we need to wait & see. Langfield I have no idea

Edited by 17/03/13

It doesn't look at all clever does it? Jackson's leg is fully extended, knee locked, and he's clearly not pulling back from the challenge. It's hard to conclude anything other than this being a reckless, maybe even dangerous challenge. It would be a straight red card offence today. Back then, incredibly, it wasn't even deemed a foul and when the ball broke free Christian Dailly took full advantage to score. 
You've got to wonder about the conversation that took place recruiting Jackson though. Did Jackson not tell Stubbs that he wasn't the most popular man in Paisley? Did Tony Fitzpatrick or Gordon Scott not flag up a possible problem - after all both of them are supposed to be big St Mirren supporters aren't they? Or was Stubbs happy to knowingly recruit a divisive figure that could turn, at least a section of, the St Mirren support against him? Maybe all four just felt that at a "fan owned" club they could use this to tell their fellow owners to wind their neck in and to show who is in charge?

Can’t believe you didn’t patent being a divisive figure. Fortune lost there I think [emoji23]

1 hour ago, billyg said:

If we sign one more Partick player , and get Hibs in the first game , that comparison may no longer be shite ! :D

We'll need to get ourselves into several hundred thousands of pounds of debt first.

Fortunately, under the stewardship of our current excellent BoD that won't be happening.:)

Let's see if this gets a wee cup notification from Lookatme.:byebye

58 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Can’t believe you didn’t patent being a divisive figure. Fortune lost there I think emoji23.png

Eh? I'm not divisive. If you check out the forum I seem to be the one forum member everyone rallies together about. :rolleyes:

I have to say that if that's who Alan Stubbs wants then that's fine by me. I'm sure GS and TF were fully aware who Alan was considering as part of his coaching staff... i don't have an issue with it, welcome Darren!

As long as they don’t bring back Tommy Craig. [emoji85]

Always remember managers, coaches, players will come and go ..... it’s St Mirren that matters nothing else. Being stuck in with the ugly sisters location wise makes it hard to grow our fan base but I think we are generating some interest amongst the younger fans which can only be good for the club ........ that W6 & W7 section will be rocking this season.

Welcome aboard Darren and all the best. COYS !!!

10 hours ago, ged62 said:

Div or any mod, if Stubbs & Jackson send request to join B & W army nock them back, can’t have them reading some of this crapemoji90.png

Have to agree it's unbelievable a squad still to be built. A ball still to be kicked nothing quite like shooting yourself in the foot. Doom and gloom the world ends tomorrow. These are all players that have played at the highest level you have to ask would you have had anyone of them in your own team ? Of course you would have. We had Abba , Murray, Goodwin nothing wrong with having a bit of grit in your team or another way to look at it is winners that will do me. 

The only difference between this site and the facebook site is that the protagonists are at least revealed in FB whilst here they hide behind their nom de plumes ! :unsure:

Anyway none of this surprises me in that all these experts who berate either a managerial or coaching appointment are all full SFA approved coaches and they all have personal associations with the appointed person to the extent that they know every flaw that they have. They post in this fashion in order to be able to say 18 months down the line that they were right at the outset and that the Manager and the coach were crap and they knew it.

Life's too short! :mellow: