Stubbs Already Doomed

faraway saint

28 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Oh so its Sammy and Mullen that you cant stand........................

You tried getting out thru the sewers ?

You should be used to being full of sh!t :rolleyes: 

Maybe marvellous human beings. 

However, when it comes to football, one dives to cheat and the other dives to save the ball, with very little success. 

Less of your abuse please. 

I don't abuse anybody unless in retaliation. 

Now feck off.  :byebye

1 minute ago, shull said:

Maybe marvellous human beings. 

However, when it comes to football, one dives to cheat and the other dives to save the ball, with very little success. 

Less of your abuse please. 

I don't abuse anybody unless in retaliation. 

Now feck off.  :byebye

Not abusing

Just giving you advise how to rejoin mainstream society

I would tell u to feck off. But you already have :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ahh! So who signs players at the club whilst they are waiting for a new manager to come in? And does that person accept responsibility if said player is mince, or the new manager wants rid as soon as he is in?

ps... this is fun!

Jack Ross.

Ahh! So who signs players at the club whilst they are waiting for a new manager to come in? And does that person accept responsibility if said player is mince, or the new manager wants rid as soon as he is in?

ps... this is fun  I am a fandan!

Agreed :P

38 minutes ago, pod said:

Jack Ross.

But Jack Ross left weeks ago, so who do you say was signing/re-signing players after he left? Ahh yeah maybe he was managing Sunderland & SMFC... maybe he still is???

I'll give you a clue - naebody! They were waiting for the new guy to decide his squad and be responsible for it. But dont take my word for it, ask everyone else on tbe forum!

But Jack Ross left weeks ago, so who do you say was signing/re-signing players after he left? Ahh yeah maybe he was managing Sunderland & SMFC... maybe he still is???

I'll give you a clue - naebody! They were waiting for the new guy to decide his squad and be responsible for it. But dont take my word for it, ask everyone else on tbe forum!

Jack was always going to leave. he signed to two before he did.    If you think I'm talking daft, did you really think you only had the monopoly. :whistle 

20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is it? Dont you think the club suspended all contract/player negotiations after Ross left, to let the new guy make his own picks?

Well Livy don't since they been signing players without a manager.

33 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Well Livy don't since they been signing players without a manager.

Yeah... apart from the fact WGAF about Livvy, there are a couple of posters on here suggesting the guy doing their signings was in effect managing the team anyway. Add to that it would appear no manager worth his salt wants the job! Just sayin...

Reilly totally refuting Stubbs latest account of contract withdrawal. He inderstood he would have to wait till the new guy came in to see if an offer still stood, however Stubbs told him he wasnt going to offer him a deal! Seems Stubbs is playing a bit fast & loose with the facts? Other players/agents will take note.

Reilly has been offered the chance to train with QoS to keep fit whilst considering his other options.

Reilly could have signed an extension months ago.

With more money and with us going into the Premiership. What's not to like? 

He became greedy and blew it. 

Good riddance. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah... apart from the fact WGAF about Livvy, there are a couple of posters on here suggesting the guy doing their signings was in effect managing the team anyway. Add to that it would appear no manager worth his salt wants the job! Just sayin...

Aye and I am just saying they DON'T have a manager in place but are still signing players, and if the guy doing the signing was managing the team, why would they be looking for 1  :lol:  :byebye

15 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Aye and I am just saying they DON'T have a manager in place but are still signing players, and if the guy doing the signing was managing the team, why would they be looking for 1  :lol:  :byebye

Its not hard to figure out Sherlock! :P

22 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I didnt say he was managing the team, others have. Just pointing out that for whatever readons Livi are the exception to the rule and seem to be signing of a quality knowing they are headed straight back doon!

Another player identified by the club/Ross as a target Halkett now re-signed for Livi..! Missed out again, still there might be 'Pops'Miller to come in?

I have to admire the 'spin' Stubbs put on the paucity of his squad by saying he wants "two good players for each position"..!

feck me thats almost the minium number of signings he has to make to have a squad..! I wonder who else he is going to show the door, or decides to jump ship now?

I can understand where some of the knickerwetters are coming from Re: Stubbzo's swoop for a trio (so far) of English non/lower league players. That said if these lads have it about them, isnt this the type of recruitment we've been crying out for..?

Young, developing (tall), strong players who we can build for the future with, instead of the usual suspects out of the scottish game?

i am much more intrigued to see how these lads get on against the hoof & hope football that most prem teams play. Yes Stubbzo has put his reputation on the line by being bold enough to ring the changes, after all unlike Tommy C, Stubbzo has seen these lads in the flesh, but if it pays off then perhaps we will see another good young team, and pick up the dividends of future transfers.

only query is/are Miller &Stokes... yes Miller has been a great player, but he will pick up more and more injuries and i suspect we dont have the budget to carry a big earner who cant play. This is wher the decision to let Reilly go is strange, as he would be the perfect foil for a big young physical forward.

Stokes is just a wrong 'un full stop, and will crash & burn again,  sooner rather than later. Its not in his make up to just knuckle down and use his talent. So yeah you cculd get some good performances out of him, but inevitably you'll end up dropping him, or he drops you.

on a footnote, given the establishment these young english lads are coming from, any chance the founder could be tepted to join them?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I can understand where some of the knickerwetters are coming from Re: Stubbzo's swoop for a trio (so far) of English non/lower league players. That said if these lads have it about them, isnt this the type of recruitment we've been crying out for..?

Young, developing (tall), strong players who we can build for the future with, instead of the usual suspects out of the scottish game?

i am much more intrigued to see how these lads get on against the hoof & hope football that most prem teams play. Yes Stubbzo has put his reputation on the line by being bold enough to ring the changes, after all unlike Tommy C, Stubbzo has seen these lads in the flesh, but if it pays off then perhaps we will see another good young team, and pick up the dividends of future transfers.

only query is/are Miller &Stokes... yes Miller has been a great player, but he will pick up more and more injuries and i suspect we dont have the budget to carry a big earner who cant play. This is wher the decision to let Reilly go is strange, as he would be the perfect foil for a big young physical forward.

Stokes is just a wrong 'un full stop, and will crash & burn again,  sooner rather than later. Its not in his make up to just knuckle down and use his talent. So yeah you cculd get some good performances out of him, but inevitably you'll end up dropping him, or he drops you.

on a footnote, given the establishment these young english lads are coming from, any chance the founder could be tepted to join them?

Well a few weeks ago on here there were several posters -including you LPM - who were claiming that Kyle Magennis, Gavin Reilly, and a number of others could walk into any side in the English League Two and be a superstar - yet this week we see St Mirren shopping for players who have spent much of their career struggling to stay up in the English SIXTH tier. Stubbs may be right and may have unearthed a gem, but it fair puts the ridiculous claims of some of the forum users into sharp perspective. It's certainly puts Scottish Footballs youth development into sharp focus. Would players like Cody Cooke, Jeff King, James Kellerman and Josh Heaton even figure amongst the top 100 in their age group in England? Yet here we see the manager - having seen St Mirren's players in action - rating them as better than anything the club has in the academy. That's a worry not just at St Mirren, but in terms of Scottish Football on the whole.

Personally I think Reilly will be a huge loss to the club. It seems silly to have let a natural goalscorer walk away even if the plan is to sign a couple of big name strikers.  

14 minutes ago, StuD said:

Well a few weeks ago on here there were several posters -including you LPM - who were claiming that Kyle Magennis, Gavin Reilly, and a number of others could walk into any side in the English League Two and be a superstar - yet this week we see St Mirren shopping for players who have spent much of their career struggling to stay up in the English SIXTH tier. Stubbs may be right and may have unearthed a gem, but it fair puts the ridiculous claims of some of the forum users into sharp perspective. It's certainly puts Scottish Footballs youth development into sharp focus. Would players like Cody Cooke, Jeff King, James Kellerman and Josh Heaton even figure amongst the top 100 in their age group in England? Yet here we see the manager - having seen St Mirren's players in action - rating them as better than anything the club has in the academy. That's a worry not just at St Mirren, but in terms of Scottish Football on the whole.

Personally I think Reilly will be a huge loss to the club. It seems silly to have let a natural goalscorer walk away even if the plan is to sign a couple of big name strikers.  

I agree with you on Gavin Reilly. We should have kept him.

My hope is that the 3 early signings are just that. The start of a new squad. The £75k spend is significant to me and shows that Alan Stubbs is confident in his ability to spot a player regardless of the level he is currently playing at.