Aaron Mooy

4 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Great to see an ex Saint appear and play at World Cup. How did we not spot the talent when he was a member of our team?  Is he the number one that got away?

I think Danny and his boss at Bolton knew fine well he was a talent but he was young and homesick. Great to see him now. 

Well we paid I believe 100,000 Euros for him we should have had an agreement that after him leaving Saints that we would have received a portion of any future transfer.

Are you sure about the figure we paid for him ? I thought he left Bolton after knocking back a contract and all that was due was development fee?
As for getting a portion of future transfer value , to do this we would have to had sold him which we didn’t .

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Are you sure about the figure we paid for him ? I thought he left Bolton after knocking back a contract and all that was due was development fee?
As for getting a portion of future transfer value , to do this we would have to had sold him which we didn’t .

The development fee was reported to be between £15 - 30K.

There weren't any doubts with regards to his talent. It was his lack of application that was in question, which was, as previously mentioned, put down to him being homesick.

Whether that was the real reason or not, I guess we'll never really know.

Maybe a Jack Ross type manager may have got more out of him.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

There weren't any doubts with regards to his talent. It was his lack of application that was in question, which was, as previously mentioned, put down to him being homesick.

Yeah, looks like things finally clicked for him when he went back home.

Probably being a young lad, on his own to look after diet, etc didn’t help. 

I remember a story about him paying himself out of his Bolton contract.

I always thought he was a good player and then he scored that blinder of a goal against that now defunct club but who started this thread and what right do they have etc when there must be another Mooy thread somewhere blah blah blah etc. . it was an important goal that served to provide the best Saint Mirren Christmas Eve in decades. .

1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:

From Scotland (Paisley), to Australia, to ENGLAND.

Nought to do with homesick, Just sick of shitty Paisley. Who wouldn't be?

You Paisley folk are living under a cold, damp, wet, dreary, miserable rock. Surely you have worked that oot?

Get it he’s a posh c**t so he says paisley is shite 561BAD81-0EAF-4C0B-8AAB-DACEFC5F243C.jpeg.0ffaaddf43aa41bb10f6b5e0ebe20001.jpeg

2 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Hey, that's enough of that, I'm not just an arse. I'm a posh arse wi a great repertoire of funny comments that work a treat at winding up the dumb arses on here. Like you genius and your mate Isma Arsonfire. :double

Turns out you’re also illiterate and you have never posted anything funny on the forum 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

No I'm not illiterate, ya eejit, and heaps of folk have had a wee laugh at my hilarity. You just struggle in both departments.

Here's a wee definition tae help wi yer education. Every little helps.......

illiterate
ɪˈlɪt(ə)rət/
adjective
  1. 1. 
    unable to read or write.
    "his parents were illiterate"
    synonyms: unable to read or write, unletteredanalphabetic, functionally illiterate
    "he was no illiterate peasant"

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who is unable to read or write.

You can’t write you can’t spell arse you f**king arse 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

No I'm not illiterate, ya eejit, and heaps of folk have had a wee laugh at my hilarity. You just struggle in both departments.

Here's a wee definition tae help wi yer education. Every little helps.......

illiterate
ɪˈlɪt(ə)rət/
adjective
  1. 1. 
    unable to read or write.
    "his parents were illiterate"
    synonyms: unable to read or write, unletteredanalphabetic, functionally illiterate
    "he was no illiterate peasant"

noun
  1. 1. 
    a person who is unable to read or write.

Dictionary definitions 561BAD81-0EAF-4C0B-8AAB-DACEFC5F243C.jpeg.0ffaaddf43aa41bb10f6b5e0ebe20001.jpeg

8 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Are you an Arab lassie?  Nice name, a bit like Iona.

Yi swear a lot fur a lassie mind yi. Yi should try an stop that. No very lady like.

Isma

Meaning:Protection

Origin:Arabic

Pronunciation:IS ma

Do you often search the internet looking for Arabic women. Stop trying to be funny honestly it’s just sad watching you keep trying and finding so many ways to fail.

Don't you concern yersel Isma. Run af and protect yer maw hen. Isma pantyhose straight? Isma dug needing oot? Isma hoosework done? Isma team at hame this week? Isma bum big?

Ur yi getting excited aboot coming intae yer new season. 

I understand this was a genuine attempt at being funny and that’s what makes it even more tragic that fact you tried makes this even more unfunny  

Guest TPAFKATS

Yeah, looks like things finally clicked for him when he went back home.
Probably being a young lad, on his own to look after diet, etc didn’t help. 
The player acknowledges that he didn't apply himself as well as he could have at either Bolton or St. Mirren and puts it down to being homesick and also young.

Seems some saints fans just look at where he is now and assume it's St. Mirren fault.

• 2 years later...