Gavin Reilly

1 minute ago, santo said:

What do we know about this lad?

That he scored a lot of goals for QotS, moved to Hearts and was loaned to Dunferline last season where he had a hard time of it for whatever reason.

JR and JF clearly feel there's something there though as they've been tracking him for weeks.

4 minutes ago, santo said:

Looks promising. Partnership of Reilly and Stewart?

Would be nice to have Loy. Has that ship now sailed?

Not at all. Jack Ross said last week in the Gazette that another striker is his priority and one he's willing to be patient to land.

Think most folk have taken that said striker is Loy. Let's just hope Jack gets his man.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not at all. Jack Ross said last week in the Gazette that another striker is his priority and one he's willing to be patient to land.

Think most folk have taken that said striker is Loy. Let's just hope Jack gets his man.

Possibly Andy Ryan.

Welcome aboard etc.

Very meh signing.  Dunfermline fans think he's a dud and are laughing at us for signing him and some even have described him  as ' the worst player we've ever had '.  Not the kind of signing you think is going to blast us to the Premiership based on what they're saying.

Seems to have had a good season for QOTS in 14/15, flopped at Hearts in 15/16 and then flopped again at Dunfermline in 16/17.  Will get his chance of course and maybe he will go back to the player he was 3 seasons ago.  Here's hoping.

Edited by TopCat

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Very meh signing.  Dunfermline fans think he's a dud and are laughing at us for signing him and some even have described him  as ' the worst player we've ever had '.  Not the kind of signing you think is going to blast us to the Premiership based on what they're saying.

You get that from P&B, I assume? Because you've picked very selectively there. For anyone reading TC's comments there, here are the full posts he's referring to.

'could probably do a decent job elsewhere, just wasn't right for our team'.

'quick and direct... will still be bloody good in the right team... he'll come back to haunt us, a good signing for you guys'.

Still, those comments probably didn't fit your well-kent agenda, did they? :rolleyes:

j3tEvk5.png

lncGe2q.png

19 minutes ago, shull said:

St Mirren Facebook and Twitter entries regarding Reilly signing have been deletit. 

Something dodgy going on here like Shull says above all facebook/twitter & apparently official website too have deleted news of Reilly signing.

Very strange.

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

You get that from P&B, I assume? Because you've picked very selectively there. For anyone reading TC's comments there, here are the full posts he's referring to.

'could probably do a decent job elsewhere, just wasn't right for our team'.

'quick and direct... will still be bloody good in the right team... he'll come back to haunt us, a good signing for you guys'.

Still, those comments probably didn't fit your well-kent agenda, did they? :rolleyes:

j3tEvk5.png

lncGe2q.png

My agenda is that I'd prefer if we signed strikers who had scored more than 1 goal in 22 appearances in our league last season :lol:

If you want a selective quote off I can get you some others from Pars fans about him?

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

My agenda is that I'd prefer if we signed strikers who had scored more than 1 goal in 22 appearances in our league last season :lol:

If you want a selective quote off I can get you some others from Pars fans about him?

No thanks. I'm sure you'd win.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Of Course TC you view is far more valid than Jack and James view?

Or to put it another way- I will go with their judgement so you don't have to post the sack jack thread again:whistle

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Welcome aboard etc.

Seems to have had a good season for QOTS in 14/15, flopped at Hearts in 15/16 and then flopped again at Dunfermline in 16/17.  Will get his chance of course and maybe he will go back to the player he was 3 seasons ago.  Here's hoping.

See you missed out the fact other fans of the Pars writting he is fast and direct though be did not fit in with their style of play. Let's see if it's possible for you to write some positive spin. How many goals did he score at QOS in the championship  and who was his manager. Wont imagine you will answer that given your bee in the bunnet regarding Jack Ross which is hilarious. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

See you missed out the fact other fans of the Pars writting he is fast and direct though be did not fit in with their style of play. Let's see if it's possible for you to write some positive spin. How many goals did he score at QOS in the championship  and who was his manager. Wont imagine you will answer that given your bee in the bunnet regarding Jack Ross which is hilarious. 

Surprised it took you so long bud, that was nearly 27 minutes there!

He didn't fit in at Hearts or Dunfermline so it clearly isn't just a Dunfermline issue.

Maybe he will go on to be the 20 goal a season striker we need if we are going to get out this division.  Based on the fact he's only scored 5 league goals in the last 2 seasons, I think it's fair to say that's unlikely. 

Since you ask his best career return in a league season is 13, so even when he's been at his best he hasn't exactly been prolific.

I really hope we sign at least one more striker.