Gavin Reilly

6 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

You didn't write the deals he was only considering. Is it so hard to write the actual details 1st time.

Instead of the usual sniping at the newly appointed manager.

Ha, ha, ha.... even though i have been at pains to say its up to the new manager to pick who he wants. You still try to make that out as me being negative. Jeez is life that meaningless for you? Ffs man give it a rest, you are bringing ridicule upon yourself.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:07 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Do you actually think i was talking about "All" deals in England ffs..? I was referring to the deals offered to Reilly down south, the ones he is considering are minimum two years. We were offering one.

You said "Deals down south are two years minimum."

You have no idea what Reilly has been offered down south.

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

So far our old manager is bringing in players i would doubt will get them up. 

I was thinking that too. Either there really is no money available or his scouting needs work. Even if it is a lack of money, the Sunderland fans will still want him sacked if they get off to a poor start.

Good luck to Gavin in Bristol though.

5 hours ago, Ethan said:

So far our old manager is bringing in players i would doubt will get them up. 

I hadn't noticed tbh but had a look , and I agree. The likes of Ozturk and Maguire would have been meh signings for us , never mind a supposed major club like Sunderland !

I would have liked Gavin Reilly to stay. I believe he would have been a decent squad member for us. Good championship player, but I don’t think he would have been as effective in the big league. Jack Ross and Gavin Reilly were good for each other, but both are gone. We move on. Good luck Gavin. COYS

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

So tell me why are you negative about our championship winning team? You cant have it both ways mate. The guy scored twenty odd goals, when was the last time we had a player do that?

I'm not being negative Gavin was a big part of winning the league. A prolific goal scorer he is not with 11 league goals. Other goals scored were none league teams and colt teams. He was offered a deal choose  not to  sign so I'm failing to see your argument here. Gav has moved on so should we. 

On 7/3/2018 at 8:49 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Sunderland, Bristol Rovers and Plymouth now all vying for Gav's signature...! Do they know something Stubbzo doesn't ..?

According to his interview on Bristol Rovers site, that was the only offer he had.

Sounded like he felt quite sorry for himself, and was relieved he got an offer. Might have felt sorry for him myself if he hadn't messed us around, which got him into the situation in the first place.

Anyway, hope it works out for him in Bristol.

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm not being negative Gavin was a big part of winning the league. A prolific goal scorer he is not with 11 league goals. Other goals scored were none league teams and colt teams. He was offered a deal choose  not to  sign so I'm failing to see your argument here. Gav has moved on so should we. 

Whats difficult to understand about a guy, with a new baby considering an offer the manager who made it to him was happy to leave on the table till July. Where the manager had the option to improve it as the player wanted more than a one year deal, or say thats it, only for Stubbs to come in and pull the offer?

ffs we've now paid our highest transfer fee in decades, and given a THREE year deal to a guy none of us have seen from non league football, but we've let our highest scorer walk...! 

Reilly's goals have gone, as have Morgan's... what if young Magennis gets a tap on the shoulder as well?

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whats difficult to understand about a guy, with a new baby considering an offer the manager who made it to him was happy to leave on the table till July. Where the manager had the option to improve it as the player wanted more than a one year deal, or say thats it, only for Stubbs to come in and pull the offer?

ffs we've now paid our highest transfer fee in decades, and given a THREE year deal to a guy none of us have seen from non league football, but we've let our highest scorer walk...! 

Reilly's goals have gone, as have Morgan's... what if young Magennis gets a tap on the shoulder as well?

As much as I would have liked him to stay, surely the club are right to withdraw the offer after a month?

It's ironic that as soon as the offer is withdrawn, he's in the papers telling everyone he was happy to sign.  Why didn't he then , were we supposed to wait all summer ?

Of course time will tell but not happy with the Gavin debacle . Appreciate Alan's wants his own team however as LPM says we have lost 38 goals in Morgan and Gavin. Not really seeing the signings yet, of course its totally result driven, so jury remains out 

56 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

As much as I would have liked him to stay, surely the club are right to withdraw the offer after a month?

It's ironic that as soon as the offer is withdrawn, he's in the papers telling everyone he was happy to sign.  Why didn't he then , were we supposed to wait all summer ?

The offer was from Ross till july, no ones fault Stubbs came in and as is his right decided to pull the offer completely before July. Like Stelios last season Gav was happy to wait till the deadline on the offer to see if Ross would improve it, or not. Then decide accordingly.

if an employer makes you an offer of a new position,/contract extension, and says you need to advise if you are accepting it by a certain date, then how does that then make you 'stalling' if you are open to securing a better offer for you and your young family, but the offer is pulled before the deadline?

Reilly has done nothing wrong, Stubbs is entitled to choose his squad, surely its not rocket science to suggest if the club wanted him, he would have been asked to accept or decline by Stubbs?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

The offer was from Ross till july, no ones fault Stubbs came in and as is his right decided to pull the offer completely before July. Like Stelios last season Gav was happy to wait till the deadline on the offer to see if Ross would improve it, or not. Then decide accordingly.

if an employer makes you an offer of a new position,/contract extension, and says you need to advise if you are accepting it by a certain date, then how does that then make you 'stalling' if you are open to securing a better offer for you and your young family, but the offer is pulled before the deadline?

Reilly has done nothing wrong, Stubbs is entitled to choose his squad, surely its not rocket science to suggest if the club wanted him, he would have been asked to accept or decline by Stubbs?

If there was a contract on offer with the terms that one party had until the 30th June to accept or refuse, or allow to lapse, and the party offering the contract could not withdraw the offer and the contract offer would become null and void on the 1st July, then I suggest the first party could sue if the offer was withdrawn before the 30th June.

Gavin didn't, he's at Bristol Rovers.

What's the problem? 

2 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

If there was a contract on offer with the terms that one party had until the 30th June to accept or refuse, or allow to lapse, and the party offering the contract could not withdraw the offer and the contract offer would become null and void on the 1st July, then I suggest the first party could sue if the offer was withdrawn before the 30th June.

Gavin didn't, he's at Bristol Rovers.

What's the problem? 

No problem for Gav, he got a longer and better paid deal. But he did want the option to continue playing for us. As i have said continually, its up to Stubbs who he wants, the upshot of that is a good goalscorer has walked. 

Re your bit i guess hinting at employment law??? Most offers of new/extended/improved contracts come with an accept/ decline date and clause/clauses relating to the company having the right to withdraw their offer at any point without advance notice.