Gavin Reilly

40 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Gavin’s goals were a big reason we returned to the Premier.

Can only score against what’s in front of you. We’ve seen many of our strikers fail to hit just 5 goals a season including cup games. Indeed Gavin still hit 11 of those in the league - only Lewis Morgan had a higher tally for us (14), and Gavin spent most of January onwards on the bench with Mullen in favour (who only managed 3 goals in over half a season).

Now at Cheltenham on loan. Ffs

12 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

English League Two. A similar standard to the likes of ourselves, Hamilton, Livi, St Johnstone, Ross County.

Exactly. One of our “top 3” got beaten by a welsh team. I think people overestimate the standard of player required to stay in this league.

Reilly scored against Aberdeen at pittodrie. Don’t see why he couldn’t score a lot of goals with decent supply. 

Edited by Big Yards

38 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Exactly. One of our “top 3” got beaten by a welsh team. I think people overestimate the standard of player required to stay in this league.

Reilly scored against Aberdeen at pittodrie. Don’t see why he couldn’t score a lot of goals with decent supply. 

He linked up well with Morgan and Smith, and as a result the three of them smashed in the goals. Morgan may have been a special talent, but the loss of Gavin didn’t help Cammy, who’s struggles were probably aided by the lack of a decent striker. Again it says a lot to me that Mullen never got many goals while having an on form Cammy and Lewis Morgan supplying him. I was hoping we’d seen the improved version when he hit some goals at the end of last season, but the League Cup efforts weren’t great (whereas Reilly did well in these games).

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

English League Two. A similar standard to the likes of ourselves, Hamilton, Livi, St Johnstone, Ross County.

I thought he played for the mighty Bristol Rovers, oh wait they binned him out on loan 

Super Gav, at his best with QOS that's his level. 

33 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

I thought he played for the mighty Bristol Rovers, oh wait they binned him out on loan 

Super Gav, at his best with QOS that's his level. 

I thought you didn't care about Reilly? How come 24hrs have past and you're still going on about him ? Strange. 

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Do you think people should stop endlessly discussing former players, even when their views on that player are widely known already? Asking for a friend.

Nothing wrong with them getting discussed on Other Football. 

I think I will head right there and start a SAMSON IS A GOALKEEPING GOD THREAD. 

Standby. 

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Bristol Rovers are a decent League One club.

We would not survive in English League One.

You've answered your own question he couldn't cut it at that level or any decent level 

Flattered to deceive, agree to disagree, now let's move on.

Gav's on loan who cares.