Photographs of The Past and Present

shull

On 6/24/2018 at 11:15 PM, jaybee said:

the cross looking towards the Abbey .......but when?     Don't ever remember the trams in the middle like that although I did ride on one from up the west end I think, sometime in the middle 1950's ? 

Yes and when the trams got to the roundabout at Linwood (where there was a depot) the conductor came along and switched the back of the seats so all the seats pointed towards the direction of travel and they trundled off back up to Glasgow.

Yes and when the trams got to the roundabout at Linwood (where there was a depot) the conductor came along and switched the back of the seats so all the seats pointed towards the direction of travel and they trundled off back up to Glasgow.
The depot was at Linwood Toll. In Elderslie...

[emoji846]

10 hours ago, The Original 59er said:
On 6/24/2018 at 11:15 PM, jaybee said:

the cross looking towards the Abbey .......but when?     Don't ever remember the trams in the middle like that although I did ride on one from up the west end I think, sometime in the middle 1950's ? 

Thanks for that, I think at the time I must have been 4 or 5 so Linwood was far tooooooo BIG a place for wee yin like me :P on my own certainly

9 hours ago, The Original 59er said:
10 hours ago, mcd54 said:

Not the jail!

And also not sky dishes on the front balcony....................... loudspeakers to quell the baying public!

was the jail not to the left of it? or am I away wi the faeries?

14 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

Probably a football team arriving to play one of the bigot brothers! :whistle

Back in those days , large East European fishing vessels fished Scottish waters , the ships would dock in Glasgow every month and these planes brought in fresh crew and took the old crew home !