Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Looking forward to hearing what research the BT commentary team have done on our new signings. We should have a sweepstake on how many times the Jamie Vardy Academy is mentioned.

Family commitments mean that I won't make the match in person but might manage to catch it on BT at the City Walls pub/diner in Stirling. I will listen carefully Stu. 

One day to go does not seem to be much interest in the game with only two pages on the thread for our first competitive game of the season. Here is my prediction Kilmarnock 3 St Mirren 1 hope I'm wrong. Basing this on a team with a lot of new players who will need time to settle in and get used to the Scottish game. 

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Looking forward to hearing what research the BT commentary team have done on our new signings. We should have a sweepstake on how many times the Jamie Vardy Academy is mentioned.

It'll be interesting to see what all these new comers are like. As I've said elsewhere I have the fear.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If we get don't win surly you are not going to judge us on our first friendly/ cup game. 

It is not a Friendly. 

It is a  competitive first team match. 

A Scottish League Cup Tie. 

Remember March the 17th 2013,  it was not a friendly match. 

It is not a Friendly. 
It is a  competitive first team match. 
A Scottish League Cup Tie. 
Remember March the 17th 2013,  it was not a friendly match. 
We lost our first (proper) game last season 5-0 to Partick Thistle with an experimental side remember all the Thistle fans after the game telling us we were sh*t and they were heading for Top 6 again LOOK HOW THAT ONE WORKED OUT BOYS.

I'm sure B&W Army went a bit crazy at the result too Riley was terrible was one of the main points to come out of it.

Kilmarnock will probably beat us easily tomorrow night and to be honest I don't really care this is just a glorified friendly.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We lost our first (proper) game last season 5-0 to Partick Thistle with an experimental side remember all the Thistle fans after the game telling us we were sh*t and they were heading for Top 6 again LOOK HOW THAT ONE WORKED OUT BOYS.

I'm sure B&W Army went a bit crazy at the result too Riley was terrible was one of the main points to come out of it.

Kilmarnock will probably beat us easily tomorrow night and to be honest I don't really care this is just a glorified friendly.

I wouldn't go so far to call it a friendly.

However, circumstances, mostly out with our control, have rendered it part of our pre-season warm up, even if it is a competitive game.

I do care how we perform and whether we win or not. However, I won't be predicting our performance over the course of a season, on one match with a team that is incomplete and hasn't played a single match together against another club.

54 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I wouldn't go so far to call it a friendly.

However, circumstances, mostly out with our control, have rendered it part of our pre-season warm up, even if it is a competitive game.

I do care how we perform and whether we win or not. However, I won't be predicting our performance over the course of a season, on one match with a team that is incomplete and hasn't played a single match together against another club.

Spot on even if we get defeated as long as I see a good performance and things to come will accept that. 

Plan on watching the game in nearby Alva , look forward to seeing our new players and hope to see the bones of a right good team , the fixtures fall relatively well for us , and three straight wins after tomorrows game should take us through to the next stage , and also allow us to evolve as a team , and get a clear idea of our best starting eleven .

On 7/11/2018 at 8:52 AM, East Lothian Saint said:

Don't see much on the Killie website about walk up ticket arrangements. I take it they'll be a wee portacabin somewhere selling tickets on the night.  I will have to take the car,  Any advice on parking. From what I found on the web ;

"There is a car park at the ground, but this is for permit holders only. So it is a case of finding some street parking, or using one of the pay and display car parks located in the nearby town centre."

Is the Chadwick Stand at the Dundonald Place end of the ground??????

This Again ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will I be the only numb skull there tonight????????????????

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

This Again ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will I be the only numb skull there tonight????????????????

You can park in streets around the ground ok. They do not usually have a ticket outlet and you just pay at the turnstile. I'll see you there :)