Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

No Magennis, guessing he's injured. MacKenzie there but no McShane or Eckersley. Stewart and Kirkpatrick in the squad although would be surprised if that was still the case come the start of the season.

No number nine or 11 in the squad at the moment - too simplistic to say at least one more striker and winger/attacking midfielder to come in?

On 6/20/2018 at 3:15 PM, chalky1 said:

Goes straight to a penalty shoot-out so I don't think a draw is relevant

On 6/20/2018 at 4:25 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yes no draws - pen shoot out to decide if level.  Will we be able to field a team ???

On 7/8/2018 at 4:08 PM, St.Ricky said:

Spot on...... penalties........ 

A draw is relevant. If it goes to pens, the winner gets 2pts and the losers get 1pt. Could be the vital point needed or lost that keeps us in/sends us out.

I was going to predict Killie 3-0 Saints. Our lack of match prep (cheers Bolton) is going to hurt us here, and we have a fair new number of players who haven't played alongside each other yet. On the other side, Killie are the best side in the group stage overall, with more stability and will probably be more ready for today. I wouldn't be too concerned as I believe 9pts against the other sides is achievable/a must, and that should be enough to progress, probably as a best runner up.

That lineup looks terrifying though. Maybe Stubbs is taking into consideration the lack of playing time mixing with the new guys, and is trying to stick with the players who know each other, at least until we get some more matches in?

To the complaints about playing in mid-July - most clubs in Scotland finished their season way before the English sides did. I exclude playoff sides and SPL sides in that.

40 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Fcuk me. No Magennis, yet we’ve managed to name 18 players for the game.

How did we manage that with so few bodies! emoji23.png

Interesting that Stubbs has said most of our new non-league wonder signings are on the bench to allow them time to make the step up to this level and find themselves behind players who were on loan to Alloa last year in the current pecking order.