Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

Very pleasantly surprised, all the new players that got a decent chunk of the game did very well, I shouldn't really have doubted Stubbs as I knew his recruitment was one of his strengths. Desperately need a goal scorer though, I like Mullen and he works really hard but he won't score you 15 goals a season.

Well that has settled my nerves!
We looked good.  Fit, motivated, and with some decent new signings in the team.  Looking forward to the rest of the group games now!

Only a part squad so far, so potentially that was a makeshift team.

Forgot about penalties after a draw, so good way to start the season.

Promising start and with the manager saying hopefully 4 or 5 in next week and one or two of them will ‘excite the fans’ interesting season ahead.

Fans again, superb.

Well that was rather unexpected. Wasn't as worried as some folk going into the game but was still a bit concerned, however it was clear pretty early on that the players were more than capable.

The team selection seemed bizarre. I'd assumed Kirkpatrick would be out the door by the end of the month and forgot we had MacPherson. Both had great games. I hope Kirkpatrick;s injury isn't too bad. After not doing particularly well on the few chances he got last season he was really good (although should have scored) and it would be a shame if that injury keeps him out for a while.

Kpekawa and Coulson were superb and King looked handy when he came on. only thing I thought Stubbs got wrong was replacing Smith with Cooke. Dunno if it's coincidence but that coincided with our worst period of the game. Would just have done a straight swap with Mullen.

Pleasantly surprised but not getting too carried away. Killie were missing two of the best players in Boyd and O'Donnell (although we were missing Magennis) and I can remember plenty of new signings who look superb at first but turn out to be crap (Paeslack, Crilly and Agnew spring to mind).

But a good first game for a new manager and a new team :)

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

Only a part squad so far, so potentially that was a makeshift team.

Forgot about penalties after a draw, so good way to start the season.

Promising start and with the manager saying hopefully 4 or 5 in next week and one or two of them will ‘excite the fans’ interesting season ahead.

Fans again, superb.

Coulson has already excited me, and big Nat King in defence has excited Mrs Poz. She seemed quite excited about our new centre back. 

I cannae’ see it personally. :P

Really happy with that. Some of the youngsters looked experienced beyond their years. Impressed with Coulson and Macpherson (the conveyor belt keeps rolling them out)

Lacking up front a bit but impressed with front 3 rotating about and looks like we’ll be playing a similar brand of fluid football to last year.

I dare say there are a few embarrassed posters on this thread tonight as it turns out we were excellent.  Coulson and Kpekawa were class however the big surprise for me was McPherson and Kirkpatrick who both looked Premiership players. McPherson in particular had a great first half. Delighted with tonight's showing and the subs all contributed when they came on.

Another another special mention to the 830(?) Buds who travelled tonight and made a fantastic noise from start to finish. For those that decided to stay in and watch the telly - you missed a great evening out :)

Well played tonight all the new boys played well hope that settles a few of our fans on the signings. Alan Stubbs interviews were great at start & finish of the game plus said couple of exciting players coming in hopefully. Bring the new season on.