Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

Missed most of the second half but was pleasantly surprised. Thought Kirkpatrick looked like he's played at that level for a while and didn't look out of place and looked pretty useful as did McPherson as well. I hadn't thought either would be first team contenders this season. Coulson looks to be a very good find. Our overall standard of play was pretty tidy as well. Given the squad is still coming together and hasn't had a pre-season friendly we looked fairly well organised and we got the ball down and played and were better going forward than Killie. Stubbs said after the game they had done more work on the defensive aspects and will be sharpening up on our play in the final third over the next few weeks. It's early days, but a positive start at a tricky venue.

2 hours ago, shull said:

Sammy is good at saving penalties :D

Someone please pick me up. :o

I think Baird is going to be out of his depth at this level. He has too many uncertain moments which will cost us dearly. Really hoping Heaton or another new addition will provide a bit more strength. Thought Kpekawa would have been stronger in the air, could do with building up a bit to make him more physical.

1 minute ago, truesaint said:

I think Baird is going to be out of his depth at this level. He has too many uncertain moments which will cost us dearly. Really hoping Heaton or another new addition will provide a bit more strength. Thought Kpekawa would have been stronger in the air, could do with building up a bit to make him more physical.

Baird has been OK at this level before and I think he has improved each season. It was basically a pre-season game and the first time he'd played with 3 of the back 4.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Very pleasantly surprised, all the new players that got a decent chunk of the game did very well, I shouldn't really have doubted Stubbs as I knew his recruitment was one of his strengths. Desperately need a goal scorer though, I like Mullen and he works really hard but he won't score you 15 goals a season.

He's coming.

Just watched the recording of the game after avoiding hearing the score at work. Really enjoyable  for a 0-0. Lots  to be positive about on that showing. Thought Coulson and King looked promising. All that was lacking was the finishing but early days. Very encouraging. Doesn't  seem right playing competitive games mid July but tonight got me looking forward to the new season.

Edited by john scott

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

To be fair, Shull did say that Sammy was good at saving penalties, whether he was taking the piss or mot is another matter.

Genuinely serious for once...………………………………….

………….I think.

Just watched the post match interview with Stubbs. Impressed with what he had to say. Only downside if i had to be picky is at the end he couldnt turn away quick enough. Didnt seem to be any handshake for top man jimbo.

That been said, if the team performs every week id gladly watch Stubbsy kick the shit out of Jimbo for 4mins default_smile.png

The morning after the night before.

It's great to wake up as a St Mirren Supporter.

So looking forward to the rest of the Season after the fabulous performance against Killie.

Stubbsy and the players :clapping

Not forgetting the outstanding Black and White Army at Rugby Park - What a superb atmosphere they created.

BRING ON ANYBODY & EVERYBODY.