Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

Aye very good. I've posted about the balance of the squad - all our signings bar Paul McGinn have said they are all making the step up to full time, first team premiership level. Normally managers will mix up youth and experienced signings. I haven't said any of our new signings are no good because they are non-league or part time. Stubbs said pre-match on BT Sport that most of the new signings were on the bench at the moment because he didn't think it would be fair to play them at this stage while they are still making the transition from part-time football to full-time and they aren't ready yet to play in a competitive game against a premiership team. That says to me we have made educated punts on lots of our signings - great if most of them work out and they have been well scouted.
When Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan broke into the first team they all had no experience and were all given time by the majority of the fans.
Eckersley was one of our squad who has played at this level before and done fine, and he seemed to be well thought of on and off the pitch.
Don't think Eckersley has played at this level before....just saying.

Remember the feel great factor, top 6 chat, marquee signings talk... twas only 10 days ago!

I truly believe the ‘marquee signing’ comment will bite him on the arse.

I’m not bothered though, as ultimately we’ll still sign players obviously and go on to have a good season I believe.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I’m not bothered though, as ultimately we’ll still sign players obviously and go on to have a good season I believe.

I hope you are right and believe if we end up having a good season people will soon forget the marquee signings comment - it might become a good natured jokey reference at worst if things go well.

Seems the ‘marquee signing’ comments have been retracted during tonight’s Q&A.

Still need 4 bodies minimum, so hopefully if not this week then next.

Really looking forward to the league season starting regardless.