Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

No intention of going despite it being just up the road. It's not even the middle of July FFS ! The LC really has been massively devalued by playing it so early. The format isn't the worst but playing it now is madness. As for the game who knows ? No idea what the team or formation might be and I would settle for avoiding a humping.  The recruitment policy seems like a revolving door at the moment. I hope Stubbs has a plan because at the moment it all seems a bit haphazard and very high risk. Had we been in the position we are right now for a season in the Championship it would be concerning never mind the top flight but lets see how we look to play tonight for starters, we might get a pleasant surprise.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You can park in streets around the ground ok. They do not usually have a ticket outlet and you just pay at the turnstile. I'll see you there :)

Chadwick Stand is the Northern Stand.

Rugby Park.png

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Killie resting players who were with the Scottish team in south America, Boyd out injured. Saints have no idea all I think is we will have new players who want to impress. COYS. 

Phew , maybe just a 3 goal defeat then !

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No intention of going despite it being just up the road. It's not even the middle of July FFS ! The LC really has been massively devalued by playing it so early. The format isn't the worst but playing it now is madness. As for the game who knows ? No idea what the team or formation might be and I would settle for avoiding a humping.  The recruitment policy seems like a revolving door at the moment. I hope Stubbs has a plan because at the moment it all seems a bit haphazard and very high risk. Had we been in the position we are right now for a season in the Championship it would be concerning never mind the top flight but lets see how we look to play tonight for starters, we might get a pleasant surprise.

As I've posted elsewhere, let this be the final nail in the coffin of the repetitive and idiotic summer football debate.  There just isn't the interest at this time of year.

21 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You can park in streets around the ground ok. They do not usually have a ticket outlet and you just pay at the turnstile. I'll see you there :)

Cheers mate. It would have been lonely sitting in that big stand all by myself.

Looking forward to seeing the new Saints in action and  embracing the philosophy of the new management team. Everyone knows last season's team  was far short of the standards necessary for Premier League football but  a fair few of the seasoned posters on here are up in arms because Stubbs had taken command cleared out who we all knew weren't good enough for the step up and has brought in a few fresh faces.

Now admittedly we have never heard of most of them but the bottom line is Alan Stubbs has and that's good enough for me..

So stop bleating about things and think positive thoughts like Alan Stubbs is going be be good for the Saints.

Jack Ross is Dead, Long Live Alan Stubbs.

That's how it should work (till the next manager comes along) 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
cannae find the chadwick stand

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's a bawhair closer to me than New Love St and I will be going tonight if nothing else than to get an impression of the new guys. Last season we won the League at a canter with a highly motivated squad all pulling together. That squad has now been decimated and last season's feel good factor has evaporated. Stubbs is either a genius and will surprise us or a clown and destroy us. Or maybe neither and we manage to escape relegation like so many times before. Time will tell.

22 hours ago, renfrew said:

Since our team could be half full with Englishmen, i hope that they have recovered from that crushing defeat last night   :rolleyes:    and take their anger out of the Killie  team  :)

Better that than us  poor Scots who just watch major tournaments rather than take part in them

Given the recent history of Kilmarnock under SC which could see them finishing in the top three this season, we are playing a well established and confident team in comparison with ours.  For me, tonight will be a welcoming party from our fans to our new manager and squad.  Let's not take the defeat too hard!!

Here's our line-up for the Morton game back in April (the last with a full strength team) - 4 out of the starting line-up plus 5 of the substitutes have gone.

In particular 3 of the back 4 have gone and the other is out of favour. :toilet

Gonna be interesting:bag

St Mirren

• 1Samson
  • 25Smith
  • 6MacKenzieSubstituted forBairdat 27'minutes
  • 24Davis
  • 2Demetriou
  • 7Magennis
  • 4McGinn
  • 18FlynnSubstituted forReillyat 67'minutes
  • 11Smith
  • 10MorganBooked at 72minsSubstituted forHippolyteat 86'minutes
  • 27Mullen

Substitutes

• 3Irvine
  • 15Baird
  • 16McShane
  • 20Reilly
  • 21Stewart
  • 26Hill
  • 29Hippolyte

31 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Here's our line-up for the Morton game back in April (the last with a full strength team) - 4 out of the starting line-up plus 5 of the substitutes have gone.

In particular 3 of the back 4 have gone and the other is out of favour. :toilet

Gonna be interesting:bag

So we could have 6 players from last season playing tonight. There is a lot of nickerwetting going on sadly this should be exciting for the fans. 

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Like many have said, too difficult to judge as we don’t yet have a full squad and we are yet to see the team who we field tonight play.

On that basis.

Kilmarnock 2-2 St Mirren

Kind of sums it all up with why as a nation,  we are useless at Football, that we wont agree to play summer football- Yet we play - eh Summer Football. Stevie Clarke has already said that in 40 years of football he never has started training in June.................

Guys should be doing light training and homing on skills, with a season starting when the schools go back.

Personally as long as I see a wee bit of the new players, I could not care what the score is .................

Some slag England but at least they have another month off,  we are going to be "competitive " before mid July ?

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So we could have 6 players from last season playing tonight. There is a lot of nickerwetting going on sadly this should be exciting for the fans. 

We'll have at least 11 players from last season in the squad tonight! :wacko:

Back in May Scotland's Manager of the Year said we needed 7-9 players, since then we've had 7 in and 4 out, that leaves 4-6 still required - so I guess you'll be including JR with the knickerwetters!

From here progressing in this season's LC will be a bonus.

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We'll have at least 11 players from last season in the squad tonight! :wacko:

Back in May Scotland's Manager of the Year said we needed 7-9 players, since then we've had 7 in and 4 out, that leaves 4-6 still required - so I guess you'll be including JR with the knickerwetters!

From here progressing in this season's LC will be a bonus.

I can't see Stubbs playing all players from last season I can see 6 automatic picks the rest from new players brought in. That my friend is my point. 

No idea what to expect from the side tonight. We may get humped, or we may dish out a humping (probably less likely that one).

There's no need to panic/get carried away whatever happens though. We got gubbed 5-0 off Partick Thistle last season and look how things panned out for the two teams. The year before it was Hamilton who pumped us and, er, never mind on that one!

Can’t make the game tonight. The reason I can’t make it is because I’m not prepared to spend time and money travelling from Cumbernauld to Kilmarnock to watch a game being played mid-July, on a Friday night, which is being shown live on TV, in a competition devalued by the utter fcuktards who run Scottish football, involving a St Mirren team who still need name badges to recognise each other, against a team who’s manager effectively also says this is a load of shite.

For those reasons, I’m out. My money has went on a nice bottle of Charles Smith Washington State Cabernet Sauvignon and some cheesy whotsits.

Edited by pozbaird

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 3:29 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

Plan on watching the game in nearby Alva , look forward to seeing our new players and hope to see the bones of a right good team , the fixtures fall relatively well for us , and three straight wins after tomorrows game should take us through to the next stage , and also allow us to evolve as a team , and get a clear idea of our best starting eleven .

I will watch the match at the City Walls Pub Diner in Stirling. Would prefer to be at the game but family commitments made this impossible.