Kilmarnock v St Mirren League Cup 13/7/18

shull

Great to hear we are playing well, and I willingly hold my hand up as talking shite and being a bit of a miserable sod when I thought we'd probably get a doing.

Again, it's not the best indication of how we will do when the season kicks off proper, but very encouraging nonetheless.

Edited by Drew

HT 0-0. Coulson, Kpekawa, Kirkpatrick, the 2 McGinns, MacPherson, Smith, Flynn have all looked comfortable.
Baird has been caught out a couple of times with balls over the top.
One good save from Samson.
Only concern for me is that Baird is struggling a wee bit against their forwards. Keep plugging away Bairdy. Otherwise we've had a good half with some great movement.

Looks like Stubbs is on the same boat as JR with style of play, keeping the ball on the ground. Good first half but still quite obvious we are lacking in finishers, hopefully one of Stubb's "exciting signings" due next week are a striker. Pleased with the game so far, but worried that our lack of finishing could cost us today. Liking Coulson so far. His inexperience will probably lead to some errors at the back over the season, but he's keen to get forward, links up well and looks very capable of contributing to the attack. Coulson and Smith the standouts for me in the opening 45.

Come on Saints!

Delighted to be proven wrong so far. We've looked very competent. Coulson has been excellent. 

Kpekawa looks decent but a few times has given me the fear. Given he's only been a Saints player for about 3 hours though and has likely had a bit of a hectic day, he is doing well. 

3 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Cautiously excited about that first half performance. Coulson and Flynn standouts and rest showing up really well. A marque centre forward signing and we could challenge Celtic for the title. In all seriousness, very impressed.

Yeah. What I've taken from that first half is that we definitely need a centre forward or two. 

Not seen anything of Cooke yet though to be fair. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Delighted to be proven wrong so far. We've looked very competent. Coulson has been excellent. 

Kpekawa looks decent but a few times has given me the fear. Given he's only been a Saints player for about 3 hours though and has likely had a bit of a hectic day, he is doing well. 

Also very encouraging to here we are close to getting some big signings over the line.

Looks to be carrying a extra bit of timber aswell hopefully lose that before the start of the season.

Appears to be a very decent signing so far.