Help ???

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Are you saying "noted solicitors" are incapable of being racist because of their profession? :lol:

Tell us the joke, I'm sure people who aren't "noted" can make their own mind up. 

Do you have an opinion on racism F Man or are just back into your old ways?

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I won't give the offended an opportunity to moan but They also told a Golf story with a nice little anti-Rangers punchline which I' m willing to share. I'm sure you might even find it funny  if your interested.

I'm rarely offended, unlike many on this forum, and I doubt anything so obvious as "anti-Rangers" punchlines would brighten my evening, thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
16 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
I won't give the offended an opportunity to moan but They also told a Golf story with a nice little anti-Rangers punchline which I' m willing to share. I'm sure you might even find it funny  if your interested.

Oan ye go big man.

Dave King, Paul Murray , Barry Scott and the wee Asian guy whose name escapes me were playing golf at Royal troon. It might not have been their best performance but they were playing rather slow and the party behind them got a little frustrated at their delays.

On the twelfth green one of the party behind Kings group found a royal blue putter cover and thinking it must belong to the Rangers Party he made his way to the 13th tee with the cover.

He was thanked by the Rangers group who also commented that they hoped they weren't slowing down the progress of the party behind with their leisurely golf.

The good Samaritan, Immediately replied.

"It took you longer to play that last hole than it did to get out the Championship"  

Brought a smile to my face!!!!

Edited by East Lothian Saint
laughing

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Dave King, Paul Murray , Barry Scott and the wee Asian guy whose name escapes me were playing golf at Royal troon. It might not have been their best performance but they were playing rather slow and the party behind them got a little frustrated at their delays.

On the twelfth green one of the party behind Kings group found a royal blue putter cover and thinking it must belong to the Rangers Party he made his way to the 13th tee with the cover.

He was thanked by the Rangers group who also commented that they hoped they weren't slowing down the progress of the party behind with their leisurely golf.

The good Samaritan, Immediately replied.

"It took you longer to play that last hole than it did to get out the Championship"  

Brought a smile to my face!!!!

For the love of god.........................:wacko:

32 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

It's ok I'm not offended.  Chinks in people's armour was in great use in the days before any any English people even knew china existed. Me thinks you looking for offence where there is none.

I was in the company of some noted Solicitors today who told a joke about Nigerians. Does the fact Nigerians are the butt of a joke make the solicitors Racist. The fact the cream of Britain's legal system are willing to tell such jokes in the presence of a Stranger. No matter how sound, suggests they are comfortable it isn't offensive. 

What if a Chinese person said

Why do Scotsmen win horse races

because they are naturals when it comes to JOCK eying for position.

OH that's terrible how dare they call me a Jock. they are racist.

Don't think so but maybe you do

Well it’s really depends on if the premise of the joke hinges apon a racial slur that could be used towards Nigerians like the joke here does. 

Also since you’re asking if a Chinese person did say that I would have a go at them too.

2 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Here is another example of someone using a racial slur in connection too our club and being widely condemned for it 

1 minute ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

Well it’s really depends on if the premise of the joke hinges apon a racial slur that could be used towards Nigerians like the joke here does. 

Also since you’re asking if a Chinese person did say that I would have a go at them too.

Here is another example of someone using a racial slur in connection too our club and being widely condemned for it 

Eh!  That's an example of moronic behaviour 

The incident starts off with what appears to be light-hearted banter between Saints fans and McGeady as he leaves Love Street stadium. (acceptable)

And the abuse turns nasty when a voice cries out: “F*** off you micky b*****d.” (Totally unacceptable and asking for trouble)

Bit's in brackets might help keep you from having a go at the poor Chinese person you woukld have a go at.

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Eh!  That's an example of moronic behaviour 

The incident starts off with what appears to be light-hearted banter between Saints fans and McGeady as he leaves Love Street stadium. (acceptable)

And the abuse turns nasty when a voice cries out: “F*** off you micky b*****d.” (Totally unacceptable and asking for trouble)

Bit's in brackets might help keep you from having a go at the poor Chinese person you woukld have a go at.

I feel you may have read the post incorrect  

or 

the post isn’t laid out correctly but the overall point is I don’t approve of any racial slur whether it be “jock” “chink” or “Micky”

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

10 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

I feel you may have read the post incorrect  

or 

the post isn’t laid out correctly but the overall point is I don’t approve of any racial slur whether it be “jock” “chink” or “Micky”

You really need to either get an education or get a life. One or the other.

For words to be racist there need to be intent to discriminate or cause others to discriminate.

Causing offence is not a thing because offence can only be taken not given.

I dont know what is more depressing. The idiots who keep cracking seriously shit jokes or the left wing handwringing politically correct morons who cannot get through a day of their lives without telling everyone which words they can and cannot use.

Edited by oaksoft

I love how it's ok to call him a bastard  but as soon as an adjective is put in front everyone wet's their Knickers.

Am I missing something, were McGeady's parents not Married when he popped out?

You're a bastard (fine)

You're a [take your pick] Bastard  - (Hang the racist)

Surely the offence is calling him a bastard. We seem to live in a world where describing someone by their heritage/race/nationality is more offensive than calling them a bastard, paedo, terrorist, murderer, etc.

All these people seeking the removal of all these adjectives from our language are surely doing more damage to our society as everyone will have to have a uniform, tag which is not deemed offensive or differentiates different people.

We are on slippery slope which can only erode everyone's freedom and identity.

Jail the Moron because his behaviour was unacceptable not because he has limited vocabulary.

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I love how it's ok to call him a bastard  but as soon as an adjective is put in front everyone wet's their Knickers.

Am I missing something, were McGeady's parents not Married when he popped out?

You're a bastard (fine)

You're a [take your pick] Bastard  - (Hang the racist)

Surely the offence is calling him a bastard. We seem to live in a world where describing someone by their heritage/race/nationality is more offensive than calling them a bastard, paedo, terrorist, murderer, etc.

All these people seeking the removal of all these adjectives from our language are surely doing more damage to our society as everyone will have to have a uniform, tag which is not deemed offensive or differentiates different people.

We are on slippery slope which can only erode everyone's freedom and identity.

Jail the Moron because his behaviour was unacceptable not because he has limited vocabulary.

Oh dear. :lol:

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You really need to either get an education or get a life. One or the other.

For words to be racist there need to be intent to discriminate or cause others to discriminate.

Causing offence is not a thing because offence can only be taken not given.

I dont know what is more depressing. The idiots who keep cracking seriously shit jokes or the left wing handwringing politically correct morons who cannot get through a day of their lives without telling everyone which words they can and cannot use.

Right last I’m Going post on the topic because I have made every point I need to make about this.

You can use these racial slurs in context here are some examples: 

“chink is a word” 

“he called that man a ‘chink’ “

”you shouldn’t call someone a ‘chink’ “

these word can be used in context if you’re refer to a racial slur as a word that is not offensive. If you’re a quoting someone else who used the word “chink” and you’re are quoting what they said that is not offensive. If someone who that slur could be used to insult in this case anyone of East Asian descent that is not offensive.

the context of this situation is their is someone believed to be of Chinese descent as exposed issues with the forum instead of saying this spammer has exposed some issues with the forum. He said the word “chink” in reference to someone believed to be of Chinese descent, he’s using it as a slur and that’s not ok. 

You can have the freespeech debate if you want but if you believe he has the right to say anything then you also believe I have right to disagree with what he said.

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

1 minute ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

Right last I’m Going post on the topic because I have made every point I need to make about this.

“chink is a word” 

these word can be used in context if you’re refer to a racial slur as a word that is not offensive. If you’re a quoting someone else who used the word “chink” and you’re are quoting what they said that is not offensive.

the context of this situation is their is someone believed to be of Chinese descent as exposed issues with the forum instead of saying this spammer has exposed some issues with the forum. He said the word “chink” in reference to someone believed to be of Chinese descent, he’s using it as a slur and that’s not ok. 

You can have the freespeech debate if you want but if you believe he has the right to say anything then you also believe I have right to disagree with what he said.

Good point, now feck off, this has run it's course. :P

4 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

“chink is a word” 

these word can be used in context if you’re refer to a racial slur as a word that is not offensive. If you’re a quoting someone else who used the word “chink” and you’re are quoting what they said that is not offensive. If someone who that slur could be used to insult in this case anyone of East Asian descent that is not offensive.

Armour has chinks

The writing was chinese

Divs Armour has a chink in it.       

When I went to school that was a Pun.  I think you are over thinking this !!!!!!!!!

Long live free speech, Puns and the right to disagree.

:ph34r: (oh feck I've used a Japanese ninja emoji. Someone might think it's racist if they don't know the difference between Japanese and Chinese Ninja's) 

Image result for ninja puns