Help ???

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

What planet do you live on when you can make the statement '[People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.' and believe it; you are surely not so stupid are you? r then again perhaps you are; if you truly think that children who cannot even speak yet, according to you are 'either racist or not', whole swathes of people in religious orders, those in the Army, Navy and Air force oh! and not forgetting the Police.  I suppose on recruiting days it's everyone who is racist please stand do n the right and non racists to the left please.  If I am posturing good sir you are opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble.

Just seen your retraction. You got this badly wrong Jaybee. At no time have I said this or would ever say or agree to that. Check again and you will see who actually suggested that. I think it might have Oak.

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, faraway saint said:

I think, and it's only an opinion, he was aiming his post at Oaky.

Get that humble pie out of the oven, a large slice required. 

You know I could grow to HATE you, but only when your right  ........ I'm sick of humble pie, eat to damn much  :)

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There is no such thing as "unconscious racism". You can quote as many teitter posts as you like where people are using that phrase but it is quite simply wrong. There is no such thing as unconscious racism.

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

He should maybe stop Googling crap, engage his brain and think for himself. I would respect him more and we might even have a decent debate.

You don't try to win debates by shouting "google it" at your opponent,

Unless you have limited intelligence of course........

Ok guys.

I Thought about the unconscious Racism angle and my Brain tells me Oaky has got a point here. Even if unconscious Racism was a real phenomenon then how could the individual be at fault. His parents, peers, teachers, society, government,  mates, partner and fellow forum members would have to bear the brunt of the blame for failing to CONDITION the poor individual for not being educated enough to function in a politically correct society where individualism and diversity must be recognised but never never mentioned because anyone could be offended.

Then I thought Feck it and I googled it.

People took the implicit association test to gauge their subconscious racism. Now the researchers behind the test admit it can’t always do that.

Research says there are ways to reduce racial bias. Calling people racist isn’t one of them.

So Oaky is correct on both fronts unconscious Racism is a flawed concept and calling people racist for using a witty pun is wrong

And no one can argue because Google told me.

5 minutes ago, Hambud said:
7 minutes ago, Hambud said:
Black and white army notifications emails are bad enough let alone those ones.

In fact can these emails be turned off? I really don't need emails every time Ricky opens a new thread.

Not sure who's worse, Ricky or our Chinese friends.

Them pesky Chinese, the trouble they've caused. :whistle

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

Rubbish:  certain people choose to interpret words 'how it best suits them and this is even easier for those with that in mind; when it is the written word rather than the spoken one.  What is written and looks racist; can when spoken  be fairly obviously not intended as such at all, although sometimes one does have to listen to  all the conversation, to appreciate it as such.  Ergo; your statement that 'People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.'  is blatantly bunkum.

Have you been drinking? :lol:

Come back when you are prepared to post coherent sentences.

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

What planet do you live on when you can make the statement '[People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed.' and believe it; you are surely not so stupid are you? r then again perhaps you are; if you truly think that children who cannot even speak yet, according to you are 'either racist or not', whole swathes of people in religious orders, those in the Army, Navy and Air force oh! and not forgetting the Police.  I suppose on recruiting days it's everyone who is racist please stand do n the right and non racists to the left please.  If I am posturing good sir you are opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble.

What in earth are you talking about? This is barely English. :lol:

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Have you been drinking? :lol:

Come back when you are prepared to post coherent sentences.

Yes:  Iron Bru

Why bother to be coherent with someone whose idea of a logical argument is to be dismissive or to reiterate what was said previously. An outstanding method of debate!  at least you will never loose, but mainly because you fail to comprehend the nonsensical statement you made re 'People are either racist or they are not. No qualifier is needed'.   :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

This racism stuff is nonsense. If you refer to a Chinese person as 'slant eyes' you're racist, if he happens to be your best pal, that apparently is irrelevant. If you put your life in danger to save a person's life irrespective of their ethnicity yet light heartedly refer to them by what is considered a racial slur then you are deemed racist. Says who? These bloody social engineers making up all these damn rules and guidelines need to bugger off and stop making the world complicated and sterile.

Why is chucking a banana at an African guy at the football not OK and racist, yet calling the referee a f*****g c**t considered just a mere obscenity and OK? If the African guy chose to eat the banana instead of taking offence - problem solved. How is calling a African person a stupid effin c in our society not a crime, but calling the same person monkey man a crime. The world has gone mad.....

Hey, hey monkey man....... good song.

Not sure if this is considered offensive......but you are one stupid f**king c**t.

16 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

So, is this famous Al Jolson routine racist or just light entertainment?  Should negro Americans be enraged?

What about this one...racist or light entertainment.... should Scots be enraged?

You are honestly a f**king idiot. if you don’t honestly don’t think there is a difference here there’s clearly no point getting in a debate with you because you are clearly have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

No they don't. default_laugh.png

You cannot expect others to know what will and won't cause you to feel upset and needy. That is completely unreasonable,

I’m pretty sure that what is said at a KKK meeting doesn’t offend those attending.

Doesn’t mean it’s not racist!

Pozbaird used a racial slur to make a joke.

It wasn’t unconscious.

22 minutes ago, zico said:

I’m pretty sure that what is said at a KKK meeting doesn’t offend those attending.

Doesn’t mean it’s not racist!

Pozbaird used a racial slur to make a joke.

It wasn’t unconscious.

I’ve taken you off ignore to ask these two questions, so simple yes or no answers will suffice please. This is not the first time you have accused me of deliberately being racist on an open forum. I have had to ask the moderators to delete one of your other posts, but as you are continuing, I will contact them to ask for further action to be taken. So, here goes with the two questions.

1. You repeatedly accuse me of knowingly being racist on a public forum. Have you, or are you going to, report me to the authorities?

2. Have you picked up on, and hounded, the poster who used the term ‘chinky’ in the stadium naming post?

Yes or No please, before I now hit the ‘report post’ button and ask for stronger action to be taken. Thanks.

I’ve taken you off ignore to ask these two questions, so simple yes or no answers will suffice please. This is not the first time you have accused me of deliberately being racist on an open forum. I have had to ask the moderators to delete one of your other posts, but as you are continuing, I will contact them to ask for further action to be taken. So, here goes with the two questions. 1. You repeatedly accuse me of knowingly being racist on a public forum. Have you, or are you going to, report me to the authorities? 2. Have you picked up on, and hounded, the poster who used the term ‘chinky’ in the stadium naming post?

Yes or No please, before I now hit the ‘report post’ button and ask for stronger action to be taken. Thanks.

1. No. Also, all I’ve done is state that you used a racial slur to make a joke. I’ve no idea whether you are actually a racist.

2. Don’t know anything about it