St. Mirren v Sunderland, friendly 21/7/18

A much bigger club than most of us grasp.  21,750+ season tickets sold.  Up to 2,000 travelling to Paisley for a friendly!  Total respect. 
Calm down Ricky, I hope your right but I've met a couple of Sunderland fans on the train. They say Sunderland only got 900 tickets. The jury is out on JR but they are hoping for good things. Going to do the St Mirren ambassador bit and take them for a pint at Queen St. Plenty of time!!!!!

13 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
25 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
A much bigger club than most of us grasp.  21,750+ season tickets sold.  Up to 2,000 travelling to Paisley for a friendly!  Total respect. 

Calm down Ricky, I hope your right but I've met a couple of Sunderland fans on the train. They say Sunderland only got 900 tickets. The jury is out on JR but they are hoping for good things. Going to do the St Mirren ambassador bit and take them for a pint at Queen St. Plenty of time!!!!!

917 was their original allocation.

I remember reading somewhere that they got another couple of hundred to make it up to 1100.

I just don't get the JR love-in , I really don't. He did half a job with us then baled , even Fergie hung about long enough to see us established in the top league , he took over when we were at our lowest ebb and turned it round far more dramatically than Ross , yet he still got pelters on his return. Ross took us to the top division , and left us with a squad that would not have survived .The pish he spouted last season about him being a nice fit for St Mirren and that he loved the club was just that , pish. I hope he fails big time !

If jack does not get Sunderland promoted this season he will be out on his backside!!

FWIW I think he owed us at least one year in the top league!!

2 hours ago, billyg said:

I just don't get the JR love-in , I really don't. He did half a job with us then baled , even Fergie hung about long enough to see us established in the top league , he took over when we were at our lowest ebb and turned it round far more dramatically than Ross , yet he still got pelters on his return. Ross took us to the top division , and left us with a squad that would not have survived .The pish he spouted last season about him being a nice fit for St Mirren and that he loved the club was just that , pish. I hope he fails big time !

A half job? Are you being serious?

He got us back to the PL when we looked certain to be playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football for the first time in our history. We were in the biggest downward spiral the club had ever experienced and would have almost certainly had to go part time because the way we were going theres no way we would have won League 1 at the first time of asking.

Some of the dummy spitting from people on here is just embarrassing. 

He got us back to the PL when we looked certain to be playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football for the first time in our history. We were in the biggest downward spiral the club had ever experienced and would have almost certainly had to go part time because the way we were going theres no way we would have won League 1 at the first time of asking.
Jack Ross left in bad circumstances I lost all respect for him the way he, Sunderland and GLS handled the move.

I want Sunderland to get relegated again.

I want Jack Ross to get sacked (he will still get a top six gig back in Scotland anyway look at McInnes)

I want GLS to be ashamed for basically being stabbed in the back then agreeing a match with the backstabber's.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Jack Ross left in bad circumstances I lost all respect for him the way he, Sunderland and GLS handled the move.

I want Sunderland to get relegated again.

I want Jack Ross to get sacked (he will still get a top six gig back in Scotland anyway look at McInnes)

I want GLS to be ashamed for basically being stabbed in the back then agreeing a match with the backstabber's.

untitled.png

Surprised, even by the amount of wallopers we have in our support, by the level of unwarranted abuse aimed at Ross.

While I wasn't his biggest fan, Sonny wins that by a fecking mile, his achievements, albeit in a lower league, were as good as anybody, IMO, could  have achieved. 

It's well documented he would probably never get a chance, financially, like Sunderland in a long time.

Too many getting unhappy about next to feck all, he's gone, he's the manager of another team, it's a friendly, enjoy. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Surprised, even by the amount of wallopers we have in our support, by the level of unwarranted abuse aimed at Ross.

While I wasn't his biggest fan, Sonny wins that by a fecking mile, his achievements, albeit in a lower league, were as good as anybody, IMO, could  have achieved. 

It's well documented he would probably never get a chance, financially, like Sunderland in a long time.

Too many getting unhappy about next to feck all, he's gone, he's the manager of another team, it's a friendly, enjoy. 

This. Anyone would have taken that opportunity (excluding some die hard Saints fans). What Jack did in his time here was absolutely incredible. Some people have such short memories, without Jack the only title we might have been celebrating last April would have been the League One title. I have full respect for Jack and wish him all the best (apart from when they play Plymouth Argyle!)

Think very few fans including myself expected Jack to be here next season. If it wasn't Sunderland it would have been Ipswich and if it wasn't Ipswich it would have been someone else.

I also don't think most begrudge him the opportunity that Sunderland offered. However I think the manner of his departure did leave a bitter taste.

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

We have been in the bottom tier a few times.