St. Mirren v Sunderland, friendly 21/7/18

As bad as it was I’ll wait to see how we play against Dundee then I’ll pass judgment.

Agree we should be judged on competitive matches but that shouldn’t stop us passing comment on today’s proceedings .
Let’s hope Stubbs & co have the ability to transform the team in two weeks

There is absolutely nothing to be remotely confident about in terms of the coming season based in having watched the last couple of games.

We started brightly enough, but 20 minutes in simply fell away and didn't look like troubling a pretty average Sunderland team.

I think we have reason to be concerned. This squad (as it is just now) would have done well to finish mid-table in last season's Championship.

Aye, it is pre-season, but the early signs are ominous.

Edited by Drew

I hope Mackenzie and eckersley are injured because the signings so far look terrible no where near good enough.

Coulson looks the only decent player and I think he’d be much better suited especially at the minute playing left mid for us the only one with pace to beat a man.

Looked as though cammy smith and Mullen were almost wing backs which is crazy as both have zero pace they need to play center.

Really felling like tommy Craig all over again but really hope Stubbs gets some decent quality in before the Dundee game in 2 weeks.

Also, I think we need to get Heaton - Kpekawa playing together in central defence ASAP.

Kpekwa makes Ronnie McQuilter look like Franco f**king Baresi. He shouldn’t get near a jersey again until he can lose half a stone and move faster than a water bison.

I’ll reserve judgement on Heaton right now but he was pulled all over the place by f**king Spartans so I’m not hopeful.

Stubbs it seems your Tea is oot before a league game has started. What are the odds on him getting his jotters before the new year.

Breaks up a championship winning team and replaces them with christ knows what.

Edited by stevie-dee
took it to far

I think Jack Ross is already doing the business at Sunderland. I reckon this guy is going to be one of the finest managers to come out of Scotland. For me he has got the lot. All of the signings he has made so far are quality.

Hopefully Stubbs phones him for some advice !

Edited by lenziebud

Concerning stuff. Need signings, and quality ones at that, ASAP.

Also, I think we need to get Heaton - Kpekawa playing together in central defence ASAP.

Baird was a million times better than Kpekawa today. Boy gets such a raw deal off the support it’s unreal.

Concerning stuff. Need signings, and quality ones at that, ASAP.

Baird was a million times better than Kpekawa today. Boy gets such a raw deal off the support it’s unreal.

This .

Although he didn’t have a great game on Tuesday he was still miles ahead of heaton and today again he outshone his defensive partner.

Was I seeing things or did Myles Hippolyte turn up in M9 in the second half?

29 minutes ago, branniganm said:

On a clear day, the view from Goatfell on Arran cannot be beaten IMO.

Millport and Bute seem within touching distance. Ben Cruachan far to the north.  Holy isle and Ailsa Craig to the south. And the Irish coast beyond the Kintyre peninsula. Not to mention Glens Rosa and Sannox below. 

An amazing spot .

I once did an impromptu shite in the stream that runs through North Glen Sannox. Full details in the Pie and Bovril Gold 'Shitting Stories' thread.

Agree we should be judged on competitive matches but that shouldn’t stop us passing comment on today’s proceedings .
Let’s hope Stubbs & co have the ability to transform the team in two weeks

Fans have the right to pass judgment, wasn’t good viewing I must admit. Let’s hope it’s sorted in two weeks.

6 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Maybe Stubbs won't be too unhappy with this result... if it leads to purse strings being loosened.

If you were GLS would you loosen the purse strings after the 3 games so far this season? Best game was the one where hardly any of Stubbs' signings started. Heaton has been or biggest signing so far, paid more for him than any player in 25 years and the only game he has started was the 2-2 draw with The Spartans.

I get the feeling that key players eg Smith are unhappy and don’t really want to play for Stubbs.

Not sure where you get that from but it’s probably fair to assume players won’t have taken kindly to popular teammates being cast aside and replaced with sub-standard shite on long contracts.

Cammy was POY last year playing as a No.10 and I’ve no idea why Stubbs is persisting playing him wide left?

Not sure what the mood in the camp has been but it won’t survive much more of this f**king garbage.

The decision to tell experienced and respected players like Mackenzie and Eckersley that they are not needed and can leave surely must create resentment among other players.

Especially when these players are replaced with unknowns like Heaton from the English non leagues.

13 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Kpekwa makes Ronnie McQuilter look like Franco f**king Baresi. He shouldn’t get near a jersey again until he can lose half a stone and move faster than a water bison.

I’ll reserve judgement on Heaton right now but he was pulled all over the place by f**king Spartans so I’m not hopeful.

The whole team are as slow as a herd of water bison.