St. Mirren v Sunderland, friendly 21/7/18

3 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

For me, and only me and my opinion, this game should never have taken place. This was an opportunity for a man to strut his ego and say GIRUY St Mirren as I can make so much more now that I got you promoted and a little bit excited.
I wasn’t there today but I travelled up to the championship winning day to hear a man on the microphone speak to an adoring and passionate support saying ‘we are on our way’....... the only person on their way was him and the sheep that followed.
He was a lucky man to have the game changing talent of Lewis Morgan who did much to bring that passion and excitement back to St Mirren. But that lad didn’t profess to be ‘on our way’. He gave his all and appreciated what St Mirren did for him as much as he did for them.
We now have a new manager who now has to take the mantle on of taking this side into the top division of Scottish football but with the added task of maintaining a feel good factor that everyone bought into with the now departed egotistical manager. A manager who, in my view, brought nothing more than Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson or Danny Lennon brought to our club.
I’m no advocate of Stubbs but we need to understand that the previous manager used us and the new one has to pick up the pieces. I’m not sure he can but I hope he does.
This game today has done nothing, absolutely nothing for St Mirren Football Club.

:blink:

3 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

For me, and only me and my opinion, this game should never have taken place. This was an opportunity for a man to strut his ego and say GIRUY St Mirren as I can make so much more now that I got you promoted and a little bit excited.
I wasn’t there today but I travelled up to the championship winning day to hear a man on the microphone speak to an adoring and passionate support saying ‘we are on our way’....... the only person on their way was him and the sheep that followed.
He was a lucky man to have the game changing talent of Lewis Morgan who did much to bring that passion and excitement back to St Mirren. But that lad didn’t profess to be ‘on our way’. He gave his all and appreciated what St Mirren did for him as much as he did for them.
We now have a new manager who now has to take the mantle on of taking this side into the top division of Scottish football but with the added task of maintaining a feel good factor that everyone bought into with the now departed egotistical manager. A manager who, in my view, brought nothing more than Tom Hendrie, Gus MacPherson or Danny Lennon brought to our club.
I’m no advocate of Stubbs but we need to understand that the previous manager used us and the new one has to pick up the pieces. I’m not sure he can but I hope he does.
This game today has done nothing, absolutely nothing for St Mirren Football Club.

I must admit I am glad it's over. Jack was the winner today and no one else. His wee wave to the Sunderland fans when they were chanting his name got right on my tits tbh.

Jeezus, why do so many of you act like f**king jilted schoolgirls when it comes to Jack?

He was great for us and we gave him a platform to be more successful and make more money. It worked out for us both.

Good luck to him.

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Only 5 (Samson, Baird, McGinn, Smith and Mullen) started today and Smith and Mullen were played out of position.

And Sammy was also out of position for most of his 45 minutes although in fairness I found myself longing for him in the second half.

For me maybe only me and only my opinion is

Your a wank

Jeezus, why do so many of you act like f**king jilted schoolgirls when it comes to Jack?

He was great for us and we gave him a platform to be more successful and make more money. It worked out for us both.

Good luck to him.

So a 6-0 defeat worked out for our club and fans today?? Not from what I’m reading.

I never said Jack wasn’t good for us.

What's frustrating is that we've lost our position of being several weeks ahead of the competition in our preparations for this season. We sealed promotion on 14th April and it wasn't until 5 weeks later the season officially ended with the Livi-Thistle play-off. The same week the Jack Ross cavalcade began....

All planning was ripped up and we weren't even back to square one because, after Stubbs came in on June 12th, he had to quickly assess everyone at the club before considering recruitment.

If JR was still the manager then I think the squad would be pretty much settled by now, but that's football. The upheaval of the managerial change has meant we're much further behind with the squad than we would like to be. Fortunately, there's still the best part of 6 weeks until the transfer window closes.

6 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

Your emoji says what, Drew?

It means I'm a bit baffled.

Watching that game today has only reinforced just how much we benefitted from having Jack Ross as our manager. Your rant seems pretty OTT, to be honest.

Edited by Drew

Too many players were not fit enough and overweight, and that includes S McGinn.  It's all very well to say we haven't got players who may not have the skill level we'd like but there is no excuse for lack of fitness.  Too many of the newcomers and trialists didn't have the desire, motivation and drive to warrant a contract.  

Now, having said that, the acid test will be against Dundee and AS will be under some pressure.  I think we'll do OK.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Watching that game today has only reinforced just hoe much we benefitted from having Jack Ross as our manager. Your rant seems pretty OTT, to be honest.

Alex Ferguson's legacy lasted till 1987.

Ross's didnae even begin and wont.

1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Too many players were not fit enough and overweight, and that includes S McGinn.  It's all very well to say we haven't got players who may not have the skill level we'd like but there is no excuse for lack of fitness.  Too many of the newcomers and trialists didn't have the desire, motivation and drive to warrant a contract.  

Now, having said that, the acid test will be against Dundee and AS will be under some pressure.  I think we'll do OK.

Too many tight shorts. We look fat and slow. That wee Sunderland winger moved at warp factor 9 compared to us. How do we get fit in a couple of weeks? If we could do that forget the footy we can make millions selling the diet!

Watching that game today has only reinforced just how much we benefitted from having Jack Ross as our manager. Your rant seems pretty OTT, to be honest.

Perhaps you are right mate. But I only speak through my passion and frustration of being a fan.
As you know I live out with the town but I bought into the Jack Ross ‘on our way’, bandwagon and rightly so, because I want what’s best for our club.
But today’s game reaction (you were there, I wasn’t, played more to Jack’s ego as opposed to any benefit of our club.
What I would say would this game have taken place had jack Ross not left St Mirren for Sunderland?
I do not wish for a moment to cause offence to anyone. I’m just merely stating my personal opinion and feelings

24 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

I think you meant post instead of game ?