St. Mirren v Sunderland, friendly 21/7/18

f**k that. If we go into the Dundee game with this side we'll get murdered. We're f**king losing 6-0.
Can you honestly say we should 'sit and wait to see what happens'. 
There is an absolute lack of f**king basic ability there and its seriously worrying. We've regressed massively since May. That's not up for debate. It's a shambles. 

I think it’s fairly certain this won’t be the team we go into the Dundee game with

1 hour ago, foxbar_bud said:

I think it’s fairly certain this won’t be the team we go into the Dundee game with

New signings (including marquee ones) expected next week, or the week after that or the following one.

ETA: " Eh hopefully" (Alan Stubbs, post-match 21/07/18)

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Just now, foxbar_bud said:

That’ll be due to the arrival of those 4-5 signings, 2 of which will excite the support then, or will it be due to the arrival of more unheard of trialists looking for a gig. Somewhere. Anywhere.

Just had a thought. Four new signings, including two exciting ones, could turn up at Ralston tomorrow morning, and would have two whole weeks to get ready for our league opener. Many teams need to do some rebuilding in each close season, but this feels like a Championship winning side has had its heart and soul ripped out and is starting again from absolute zero base camp.

That’ll be due to the arrival of those 4-5 signings, 2 of which will excite the support then, or will it be due to the arrival of more unheard of trialists looking for a gig. Somewhere. Anywhere.

There’s no way you are waiting til December to judge this manager and team.

Glad I missed that one [emoji28]

Scottish Premiership team 0-6 English League One team.

And we are far further ahead with our pre season preparations (or at least should be) than them.

Not sure if that is just a bad reflection on us or the standard of the Scottish game as a whole.

5 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

There’s no way you are waiting til December to judge this manager and team.

I haven’t judged any of the new signings. In regard to the point that today’s team won’t be the team that faces Dundee, I merely posed the question if that will be because of the signings Stubbs himself talked about, or will it be more trialists of the type fielded today.

Your point caller is? Please show me where I have said Player X, Y or Z is a dud, and the manager is a dud.

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Funnily enough, we were headed up to the Alps had my mate not fallen off his bike yesterday.

I've walked Beinn An Lochan a couple of times, and agree with you that it is a great hill.

My all-time favourite has to be Bla Bheinn on Skye. A stunning hill with breathtaking views. Can't wait to walk it again.

On a clear day, the view from Goatfell on Arran cannot be beaten IMO.

Millport and Bute seem within touching distance. Ben Cruachan far to the north.  Holy isle and Ailsa Craig to the south. And the Irish coast beyond the Kintyre peninsula. Not to mention Glens Rosa and Sannox below. 

An amazing spot .

We need decent players in NOW. It's been a long time since I've felt this deflated. Today's result and performance cannot be tolerated. Perhaps Stubbs time at Hibs was a fluke and we are to suffer the same fate as Rotherham. He needs to come out and tell the fans what's happening regarding new faces coming in, without the bull!