St. Mirren v Spartans Betfred Cup 17/7/18

HT 0-1

Ooft. Tough to watch to say the least.

The Spartans goal has came on 5 minutes after the linesman has flagged for offside, our defence seems to stop and the Spartans player sticks it in. The ref then gives the goal. Strange one.

Anyway we are at home to a non league side... no problem right? Hardly created a chance since. Spartans worth their lead. A lot of room for improvement second half shall we say.

Not one of the new signings has looked any good unfortunately.

No one will go into melt down, no question it's not good enough though. My guess is McGinn will come on for McShane and change the game

Actually think McShane has been one of the better players, which shows you how poor the rest have been.

Baird and Coulson the only other ones playing ‘alright’. King looks like he has potential. Least he wants to get balls in the box.

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

King looked really up for it the other night when he came on, looked lethal from dead balls. Nothing from him? Coulson? 

Kings delivery has been rank. Big Cooke looks like something out the Juniors. Dreadful stuff. Game passing McShane and Smith bye. Needs serious changes at HT, seriously disappointing.

Just now, ulysses said:

Actually think McShane has been one of the better players, which shows you how poor the rest have been.

Baird and Coulson the only other ones playing ‘alright’. King looks like he has potential. Least he wants to get balls in the box.

Glad to hear that, I like McShane. (sitting in work relying on this thread for updates) :(

McGinn for Kellerman I guess makes sense then, and get Mullen on up top

Not one of the new signings has looked any good unfortunately. 

I know it's only 45 minutes in but Kellerman and Cooke are not going to cut it in the Premiership. For all Coulson's good runs, he needs to get his head up and find a teammate before being dispossessed. King has put in a few decent crosses and Heaton and Rogers haven't had much to deal with.

23 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Should have played the whistle. Referee overruled linesman was bizarre all round. However we are very disjointed and have created nothing. Spartans well organised and look fitter at present. You can see which team has had time to gel. Early days l am sure we can pick up

This. We can blame the ref or linesman or whatever, but the golden rule is play to the whistle. If it was the case that our guys let up when they saw the flag, we can only blame ourselves.

Stubbs sent them out after 10 minutes into half time and the team has been standing about like fannies for the last 5 mins [emoji28]

Mullan on for Kellerman. Can’t say I’m surprised at that lad being taken off at half time.

IMG_1531856844.576738.jpg

Are you watching Smfc TV?

I paid for the  full season last season but am going to pick and choose my games this season,
bored shitless with the same commentary team and no changes.

Is it the same two guys in tonight's game?

I am watching but I’m at work so the sound is muted. The subscription works on an annual basis not by season so you’ll be able to watch until the anniversary of when you signed up

1 minute ago, saintargyll said:

The thing i dont understand is that Cole has stated that he needs games to get match fit but starts on the bench

He stated in that interview he only felt around 70% fit. Perhaps this game has come too soon for him? Or perhaps Stubbsy wants to see how Heaton gets on, and Baird too.